The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this does well so Stevie can feel like a damn idiot. All that "Albums don't sell anymore" and whatever garbage her management is feeding her. Selfish tw*t.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

But I have to say that it´s little unfair to Christine, because when she left and the rest recorded Say You Will, it was still Fleetwood Mac.
i'm pretty sure she ok with all of it as long as her name is spelled correct on the check
Old 01-14-2017, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Lawyers, managers, threats of going to the press.

Christine had a different approach than Stevie does.
To be fair to Stevie, Christine retired. Christine didn't have any reason to sick the lawyers, managers, or press on the band, because she wasn't going to be in it anymore. Stevie is still contractually a member of Fleetwood Mac and has signed on to go out on the road with them.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
i'm pretty sure she ok with all of it as long as her name is spelled correct on the check
I think she's just happy to be working in the studio with Lindsey, Mick, and John.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2017, 08:28 PM

Christine just wants to create and perform. I sense her happiness. Lindsey looks and sounds really happy, too. He doesn't care about sales.. he just wants to use his gift.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
To be fair to Stevie, Christine retired. Christine didn't have any reason to sick the lawyers, managers, or press on the band, because she wasn't going to be in it anymore. Stevie is still contractually a member of Fleetwood Mac and has signed on to go out on the road with them.
Also to be fair, we don't know that Stevie even did any of that. But certain folks will imagine the worst, for fear of running out of reasons to hate her.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nobody here knows what words Stevie and Lindsey might have had between them during the last tour. They haven't gotten along for years and perhaps she has reached the point where she no longer cares to record with him. It's their business. Instead of being happy new music is coming, certain people on this board STILL have to resort to name calling and put downs. Outside of Fleetwood Mac, I haven't heard of people that work with Stevie having horrible things to say about her. Are you still pissed at Lindsey for bailing out on the TITN tour? Things happen. Be happy you are getting new music. They aren't going to call the new album Fleetwood Mac because the contract for all 5 is signed for an upcoming arena tour. Plain and simple. The Ledge is a great board, but also has a LOT of mean spirited hatefulness going at times. I don't understand it.
I doubt Stevie cares that they are putting out music without her as she chose not to be a part of it.
So, be happy you are getting the new album

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 01-15-2017 at 12:21 AM..
Old 01-15-2017, 12:25 AM
Ledgie

As an enormous fan of this band and of each member (especially Stevie - I am not gonna pretend she's not my favorite) - I am incredibly happy to see this come to fruition. With all of the back and forth that has went on with this - I am happy to see the name Buckingham McVie and that all four are involved.

Would I have preferred all 5 - ABSOLUTELY - but, Stevie practically dared them to release this without her and they are. She apparently doesnt want to work with Lindsey and at this point in the game, she has earned the right to say no, despite what the rest of the band and the fans want.

As for what Stevie's response will be - I imagine she will ignore it completely as this has been one of her biggest complaints with FM as a whole is that they have ignored her solo projects.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am disappointed as an ancient fan that the final nail in the coffin for one more album from the Rumours five is being hammered in. I do look forward to hearing this album. Christine without Lindsey is a solid pop songwriter and talented musician but with him she has reached the sublime. It is no coincidence that her 12 year run of extraordinary hit singles began with his entrance and ended with his departure from Fleetwood Mac.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Also to be fair, we don't know that Stevie even did any of that. But certain folks will imagine the worst, for fear of running out of reasons to hate her.
if you're implying that I hate Stevie, far from it. I have been a huge fan of hers since the 70s and she was the main reason I got into the band in the first place. I am, however, incredibly, sadly disappointed in her.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Are you still pissed at Lindsey for bailing out on the TITN tour?
No. He left the band, letting them go on as Fleetwood Mac without him. Same with Christine. And, they both came back to make more new music, which is what I want as a fan.

I get that there was probably a lot of pressure on Stevie to do the pending tour, and especially the album. My problem is that she didn't walk away from the band if she wasn't ready to be a member in full before committing to anything. She accepted no less from Christine when Christine wanted to record, but not tour, and while I hated that it had come to that, I agreed with it and felt it was the right call.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-15-2017, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I am disappointed as an ancient fan that the final nail in the coffin for one more album from the Rumours five is being hammered in. I do look forward to hearing this album. Christine without Lindsey is a solid pop songwriter and talented musician but with him she has reached the sublime. It is no coincidence that her 12 year run of extraordinary hit singles began with his entrance and ended with his departure from Fleetwood Mac.
we were discussing on another board, they can easily release this album now in May, tour it as Buckingham McVie, tour as all 5 in 2018, and then take the rest of their new music, add couple of Nicks songs and release a Fleetwood Mac whole lineup album in a few years. this doesn't have to be their last album.

the only problem with that is that if we can learn from history, i don't see Nicks agreeing to it, unless something drastic happens to change her mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
if you're implying that I hate Stevie, far from it. I have been a huge fan of hers since the 70s and she was the main reason I got into the band in the first place. I am, however, incredibly, sadly disappointed in her.
there are 180+ posts in this thread already, countless pages, with people celebrating that we are actually really getting this new music, and discussing how exactly it will all happen. and among those there are less than handful negative posts. most really don't care about Stevie at this point as she is not involved. yet all of the sudden several posts showed up just now lecturing and accusing fans of stevie-bashing. it was bound to happen knowing this crazy fandom. but i'm happy to see how enthusiastic and positive both here and all the social media reactions are. christine mcvie and lindsey buckingham are still trending on facebook, and it's been like that the whole day.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-15-2017, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
there are 180+ posts in this thread already, countless pages, with people celebrating that we are actually really getting this new music...

most really don't care about Stevie at this point as she is not involved.
Dick Cheney must care. According to his Facebook page
he is quite distraught over Stevie not being involved in this
project. Also saying "she is one hot lady".

Personally I'm really looking forward to the new music.
It'll be a new experience for us all. And that might be a
good thing.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
It's wonderful news! I sort of wish they would call it, "Fleetwood Mac's Buckingham McVie" (crediting the band members that are participating) and then maybe try to get that old "dinosaur of an album out" and call it "Fleetwood Mac's Buckingham Nicks" and have John and Mick spice it up. We would get TWO new albums and finally be able to stop asking for it to be released. Whatever they do, I hope it comes out soon!
Will never happen.....Stevie and Lindsey jointly bought the rights to BN years ago....they would both have to agree to release it, and I don't see that happening!
Old 01-15-2017, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As a huge Stevie fan, I thought I would post my opinion on this recent news. While I am a fan of Fleetwood Mac as a whole, Stevie is my favorite singer of all time and the only Mac member whose solo career I truly follow. I'll admit I have never heard any of Lindsey's solo beyond his hits, but I do own and love Christine's 1984 album. That being said I am happy for Chris and Lindsey. I see a lot of other Stevie fans on social media that seem to think that this announcement is hurtful to Stevie. While I can see how the name thing is a little too similar to Buckingham Nicks, I'm not sure what else they would call it if they aren't calling it Fleetwood Mac. I guess many people see it as a jab at Stevie for her going on her solo tour. Had Stevie mentioned in interviews that she would contribute to the album after her solo outing, then I could see this as something against her. Although we don't know what was said behind closed doors between the band, Stevie's interviews seem to suggest that she prefers touring only with Fleetwood Mac. Sure, I would have loved to have another album with all 5 but I think this solution works for everyone. Christine and Lindsey are both so talented and I think it's great they have new music to share. I've also enjoyed Stevie's tour immensely and hope that she'll release a 24 Karat Gold Part 2 if this pushes the Mac world tour back to 2018. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!