User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I feel this way, too. Christine was gone for 15 years, and they did one album.

One album!!!!!
It's been a very unproductive band. Ridiculous!

And the idea that the band should add this or that to its concert set because of this "legacy" or that "legacy" is really muffy in my opinion—the notion that a song represents a former member and should therefore be present. You don't build a good set by throwing together an otherwise random grouping of songs from each of the various eras. You're not ordering a meal in a Chinese restaurant ("choose one from column A and one from column B").

Springsteen didn't do Edwin Starr's War in 1985 because he wanted to pay tribute to Edwin Starr. He did it because he wanted to make an artistic statement about politics at that time. You heed artistic reasons for building a concert set if you're a thoughtful, intelligent performer. You might want to make grand statements or you might just love the song and the way the band plays it—both legit. But I suppose adding some Green, Welch, and Kirwan was a lot better than a crass catering to "play the big hits only."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-26-2018, 02:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I feel this way, too. Christine was gone for 15 years, and they did one album.

One album!!!!!
The irony of that, of course, is that Stevie's musical idol Tom Petty released albums in 1999 (Echo), 2002 (Last DJ), 2010 (Mojo), 2014 (Hypnotic Eye) and 2015 (Nobody's Children). And of course he released a solo album in 2006 (Highway Companion).

I'll grant that both Lindsey and Stevie released solo albums in that period of time, but she also threw roadblocks down for her own band to record new music. For someone who became a fan in The Dance era, it's been quite frustrating.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In retrospect, the boys should have formed Buckingham Fleetwood McVie and gone on without Stevie.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
In retrospect, the boys should have formed Buckingham Fleetwood McVie and gone on without Stevie.
Except no one wanted to give up the $tevie paycheck.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Except no one wanted to give up the $tevie paycheck.
They could have always gotten back to Fleetwood Mac when $tevie was ready, but still be a working, functioning band without her. BFM would have made more money than £ind$€¥ solo or the Mi¢k Fleetwood Blue$ Band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They could have always gotten back to Fleetwood Mac when $tevie was ready, but still be a working, functioning band without her. BFM would have made more money than £ind$€¥ solo or the Mi¢k Fleetwood Blue$ Band.
given her supposed reaction to BuckVie it hardly seems likely she would have been happy with that idea. Makes you wonder who might have ended up on her hit list after that....probably Lindsey again. You can't have FM without the F or the M.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 5 Reasons Fleetwood Mac Isn’t The Same Without Lindsey Buckingham

lazily written article but here it is anyway -

https://rockpasta.com/5-reasons-flee...ey-buckingham/

5 Reasons Fleetwood Mac Isn’t The Same Without Lindsey Buckingham

via TheLeapTV/YouTube

He’s The Real Deal

Fleetwood Mac took us on a roller coaster of emotions as they announced a reunion tour earlier this year only to find out they fired Lindsey Buckingham and replaced him with two other guitarists. A few months later, Lindsey made his move by suing the band. And it only got messier.

We love the group and their catalog filled with epic masterpieces. But we have to admit it, it just ain’t the same without Lindsey. Here are the reasons why:

5. It took two guitarists to replace Lindsey.

Let that sink in.

Fleetwood Mac invited Mike Campbell, the former guitarist of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Crowded House frontman Neil Finn to take on the part of Lindsey. If that doesn’t speak volumes about the guy’s mad guitar skills, we don’t know what else does.

4. He’s criminally underrated as an axeslinger.

His work in “The Chain” is more than enough to propel him to guitar god status. He can easily hold his own against any other guitarist which begs the question – why is his talent still being overlooked?

3. He wrote several classic hits which further solidified Fleetwood Mac’s spot in the rock ‘n roll pantheon.

Without Lindsey, there’d be no “Go Your Own Way,” “Tusk,” and of course “The Chain.” And let’s face it, Stevie Nicks wouldn’t be able to come up with her breakup songs without Lindsey.

2. His contribution to “Rumours” remains invaluable.

Putting all drama aside, we cannot imagine how that album would become their best release if Lindsey wasn’t part of it. He was the other half who helped save Fleetwood Mac from spiraling downwards. He worked hard with the arrangement and recording of the songs. His guitar even had to be restrung every 20 minutes when they recorded “Never Going Back Again.”

1. He’s a big deal.

One of the best things Lindsey has done for Fleetwood Mac is bringing along then-girlfriend Stevie Nicks. And we all know how that became a game-changer for everyone else in the band. You can’t put him out of the equation because he started the ball rolling in so many ways.

There are still issues between him and Fleetwood Mac but one thing’s for sure – he deserves better.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

lazily written article but here it is anyway -

https://rockpasta.com/5-reasons-flee...ey-buckingham/

5 Reasons Fleetwood Mac Isn’t The Same Without Lindsey Buckingham

via TheLeapTV/YouTube

He’s The Real Deal

Fleetwood Mac took us on a roller coaster of emotions as they announced a reunion tour earlier this year only to find out they fired Lindsey Buckingham and replaced him with two other guitarists. A few months later, Lindsey made his move by suing the band. And it only got messier.

We love the group and their catalog filled with epic masterpieces. But we have to admit it, it just ain’t the same without Lindsey. Here are the reasons why:

5. It took two guitarists to replace Lindsey.

Let that sink in.

Fleetwood Mac invited Mike Campbell, the former guitarist of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Crowded House frontman Neil Finn to take on the part of Lindsey. If that doesn’t speak volumes about the guy’s mad guitar skills, we don’t know what else does.

4. He’s criminally underrated as an axeslinger.

His work in “The Chain” is more than enough to propel him to guitar god status. He can easily hold his own against any other guitarist which begs the question – why is his talent still being overlooked?

3. He wrote several classic hits which further solidified Fleetwood Mac’s spot in the rock ‘n roll pantheon.

Without Lindsey, there’d be no “Go Your Own Way,” “Tusk,” and of course “The Chain.” And let’s face it, Stevie Nicks wouldn’t be able to come up with her breakup songs without Lindsey.

2. His contribution to “Rumours” remains invaluable.

Putting all drama aside, we cannot imagine how that album would become their best release if Lindsey wasn’t part of it. He was the other half who helped save Fleetwood Mac from spiraling downwards. He worked hard with the arrangement and recording of the songs. His guitar even had to be restrung every 20 minutes when they recorded “Never Going Back Again.”

1. He’s a big deal.

One of the best things Lindsey has done for Fleetwood Mac is bringing along then-girlfriend Stevie Nicks. And we all know how that became a game-changer for everyone else in the band. You can’t put him out of the equation because he started the ball rolling in so many ways.

There are still issues between him and Fleetwood Mac but one thing’s for sure – he deserves better.

He does deserve better. It always takes 2 people to replace him! Always. And yes, he's the reason the world knows Stevie. He did start the ball rolling. The world never would have heard Belladonna, without Lindsey.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I don't disagree with anything you're saying. But you could pretty much say the same thing about every other "legacy" band; for example, the Eagles released one new studio album over the past 38 years. But when you tabulate all of the solo projects, there is a lot of "product." Over the past 20 years since The Dance we got 1 proper studio album, an EP, 10 (give or take) solo/duo studio albums, a few live albums, a bunch of DVDs, etc. So it isn't like these kids were too busy fighting with each other to make music; they just chose not to make it together. I seriously doubt we would have gotten 10 proper FM studio albums during that time period if everyone was perfectly happy with each other, so the dysfunction does have its upside.
Agree.

I’m always surprised when people say they thought there would be all these FM albums after the Dance. I never thought of 1997 as anything other than an amazing reunion show/tour. I could be wrong, but I don’t remember there being a lot of talk about FM being completely back, ready to make a bunch of albums.

FM stopped being a band in 1987 (actually, really a few years before that). After that, they stopped having the chemistry necessary to make music together. Say You Will sounds like Lindsey/Stevie solo albums slapped together for a reason. Lindsey and Christine has some nice chemistry last year that allowed them to put together some solid work but how anyone thinks the entire band would make a good album really baffles me.

Stevie put out some very solid work in the past few years, including her best solo tour in decades.

I’m so unclear on what it is people really thought was possible.

Last edited by Buster; 11-11-2018 at 08:37 PM..
Old 11-11-2018, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
He does deserve better. It always takes 2 people to replace him! Always. And yes, he's the reason the world knows Stevie. He did start the ball rolling. The world never would have heard Belladonna, without Lindsey.
No matter how many people it takes to replace him. It could be 1, it could be 200. He does deserve better and it certainly wasn't Stevie's place (of all people!) to terminate his career with the band.

Having said that, I think she would have found her way into the music industry with or without Lindsey. It would have taken longer without him, but she would have achieved her goal at some point in her life.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
No matter how many people it takes to replace him. It could be 1, it could be 200. He does deserve better and it certainly wasn't Stevie's place (of all people!) to terminate his career with the band.

Having said that, I think she would have found her way into the music industry with or without Lindsey. It would have taken longer without him, but she would have achieved her goal at some point in her life.
Agreed.

And yet, ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS?????????

I doubt her GOAL was to mop the floors of studios. HOW could $he have achieved ANY kind of success in music, if it weren't for Lindsey? $he probably wouldn't have been allowed to mop the floors!

What an ingrate! Off with her head!
Old 11-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Agreed.

And yet, ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS?????????

I doubt her GOAL was to mop the floors of studios. HOW could $he have achieved ANY kind of success in music, if it weren't for Lindsey? $he probably wouldn't have been allowed to mop the floors!

What an ingrate! Off with her head!

Come on, Homer, you underestimate her. She would have found another guy to partner with on or off stage who could shape her music and help make her a star. Duh.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Come on, Homer, you underestimate her. She would have found another guy to partner with on or off stage who could shape her music and help make her a star. Duh.
Yeah, I write obscure lyrics, and can plonk out two chords on a piano. Sheer genius, $he is!
Old 11-13-2018, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Agree with all this 10000%
Old 11-13-2018, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I'm very confused by the deletion of Hypnotized. I can understand replacing Storms with Gypsy, Gypsy was a big hit, but Hypnotized sounds so good and a way to honor Bob Welch.

I wish they would bring it back to the setlist.
Stevie doesn't want to do a tribute to Bob, because he's not famous enough.