Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
Because the truth is that [Mick] would push Chris in front of a moving bus for a twenty dollar bill. Probably for even less than that.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick's loyalty is about as deep as a birdbath.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the only person she cares about in this equation is Mick, and that's because she erroneously believes Mick would do anything for her, so she's prepared to do anything for him. If it's true that he was the one who wanted to replace John, I hope that is enough of a wake up call for her to stop letting him lead her down the garden path. Because the truth is that he would push Chris in front of a moving bus for a twenty dollar bill. Probably for even less than that.
Mick is a f*cking scumbag. Truth be told, he's worse than $tevie. He'd desecrate Biddy's grave for a nickel!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We dont know for certain what was said behind the scene's regarding John's cancer at that time.

Just maybe, John initiated for the tour to still go ahead without him, wanting the band to find a suitable replacement Bass player, instead of cancelling. So the band considered this option, Lindsey put his foot down said replacing John would be wrong on all levels..
Old 10-11-2018, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
On that we both agree.
Yes, me too. As someone posted, we have 1/2 of the story right now; Lindsey’s interpretation of what happened. We’ll see what the other four have to say, or 6 if the newbies chime in.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Truth be told, he's worse than $tevie.
Honestly, I've felt the same way for some time now. At least in Stevie's case, her actions are a consequence of deeply (wrongly and immaturely) held convictions regarding Lindsey. With Mick, there are no such complex reasons. He probably wakes up every day and has to check his bank balance before he can decide on how he'll feel.

One other thing I'll add is that I'm sure no one is shocked LBCM was originally intended as an FM album, as has been speculated from the start. But seeing it spelled out at last definitely makes me feel like the project was on Stevie's shortlist of provocations. If it had truly been something Lindsey and Chris cooked up on their own, sure, I could see Stevie being a bit jealous. But that it was an FM album she said no to, only to have them solider on without her, takes all the power out of her hands. I think she realized going forward she might have problems with the two of them banding together on future Mac related issues. Alone, she knows that Christine is not a threat in her "fragile" state. But the possibility of Lindsey having Chris's ear probably pushed her over the edge. She's never going to concede an inch to that man, and her whole life right now seems dedicated to letting him know that.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, I've felt the same way for some time now. At least in Stevie's case, her actions are a consequence of deeply (wrongly and immaturely) held convictions regarding Lindsey. With Mick, there are no such complex reasons. He probably wakes up every day and has to check his bank balance before he can decide on how he'll feel.

One other thing I'll add is that I'm sure no one is shocked LBCM was originally intended as an FM album, as has been speculated from the start. But seeing it spelled out at last definitely makes me feel like the project was on Stevie's shortlist of provocations. If it had truly been something Lindsey and Chris cooked up on their own, sure, I could see Stevie being a bit jealous. But that it was an FM album she said no to, only to have them solider on without her, takes all the power out of her hands. I think she realized going forward she might have problems with the two of them banding together on future Mac related issues. Alone, she knows that Christine is not a threat in her "fragile" state. But the possibility of Lindsey having Chris's ear probably pushed her over the edge. She's never going to concede an inch to that man, and her whole life right now seems dedicated to letting him know that.
I've said it before, but, she may have won the game of Fleetwood Mac, but he won the game of life(at least in comparison to her miserable life).

And $he HATES it. Bitter hag.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've said it before, but, she may have won the game of Fleetwood Mac, but he won the game of life(at least in comparison to her miserable life).

And $he HATES it. Bitter hag.
SO SPOT ON! He has a gorgeous wife and absolutely beautiful children. I mean they are stunning looking .....and the old hag who stays up taking selfies can't STAND IT. Who does that? Stays up taking pics of themselves with full lighting. I mean? What a loon!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SO SPOT ON! He has a gorgeous wife and absolutely beautiful children. I mean they are stunning looking .....and the old hag who stays up taking selfies can't STAND IT. Who does that? Stays up taking pics of themselves with full lighting. I mean? What a loon!
But her PAID ass kissers tell her how wonderful $he is.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But her PAID ass kissers tell her how wonderful $he is.
The girl in the chiffon bubble.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with this. Regardless of whether you like Stevie or not, she and Lindsey’s relationship offstage has seemed entirely antagonistic since SYW at least. She is sensitive and does not take kindly to mocking from Lindsey. What I do not understand is why the rest of the band would go along with this and move forward so quickly without Lindsey if it was an impulsive spur of the moment decision as described here. I’ve been waiting for Lindsey’s side of the story and I hope that Fleetwood Mac gives some explanation for their actions as well.

My takeaways from the lawsuit:

1. Why is Christine in a fragile state? That jumped out to me.

2. Does it read to anyone else like Lindsey actually still wants to tour with them??
Old 10-12-2018, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post

2. Does it read to anyone else like Lindsey actually still wants to tour with them??
I think it only has to do with the lawsuit. If he's being cheated out of the money, he has to show that he's still ready, willing, and able. Now pay me!
Old 10-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
At least this sad, ugly ordeal will bring out everything that happened- if there is more to the story. If there was something that Lindsey did other than have some disagreements over the tour that got resolved and smirking, it will come out. My guess is that he didn’t do anything horrible because he wouldn’t have sued if he did.
Well, yeah, exactly! We have been telling that for the past 8 months. But he sure "must have done something wrong".
They ignored his calls asking for an explanation, and that's a FACT.
So, they can't argue with that. I also can't wait to hear their response, because they have nothing against him.

Quote:
Can you imagine what Stevie's RARHOF speech is going to be after this? Will she even mention LB? She's done screwed everything up.
I wouldn't be surprised if she mentions him. After all, she's clearly insane.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I agree with this. Regardless of whether you like Stevie or not, she and Lindsey’s relationship offstage has seemed entirely antagonistic since SYW at least. She is sensitive and does not take kindly to mocking from Lindsey. What I do not understand is why the rest of the band would go along with this and move forward so quickly without Lindsey if it was an impulsive spur of the moment decision as described here. I’ve been waiting for Lindsey’s side of the story and I hope that Fleetwood Mac gives some explanation for their actions as well.

My takeaways from the lawsuit:

1. Why is Christine in a fragile state? That jumped out to me.

Stevie does not take kindly to Lindsey being married to another woman and having children with her. Period.

I think Lindsey doesn't want the legacy to end this way, like he claimed in his mail. They could never tour again. Not without him taking care of every move in front of Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is like "Shark Week" on National Geo.

moviekinks.blogspot.com