Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Amen! I'm FAR more excited about this tour? than I could possibly be for another FM golden moldies tour!!!!

New music, smaller venues, cheaper ticket prices? Yeah, all that is pissing me off!!!
It's like the difference of going to McDonalds. Yep they bring in millions.. And you can get it often. Lots of exposure.

Or your two favorite chefs are coming to Indianapolis, and they won't charge you an arm and a leg to taste their food. A classy move to give all their fans a taste of something different. And the people that like them just like the artist, take a veer off the beaten path.

That's what it's like for me.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It's like the difference of going to McDonalds. Yep they bring in millions.. And you can get it often. Lots of exposure.

Or your two favorite chefs are coming to Indianapolis, and they won't charge you an arm and a leg to taste their food. A classy move to give all their fans a taste of something different. And the people that like them just like the artist, take a veer off the beaten path.

That's what it's like for me.
Some people just can't understand that everything doesn't equate to money. When you've got plenty of money, but really want to create a work that you're proud of, money be damned. Go out and do a few shows, even if you only break even(or even lose a little). If you're worth 60 million, what is losing a million going to do to you, especially if you're fulfilling your own wishes? Some people just can't understand that...

If the Indy reference is me...Indy would be great(I'm an hour away), but Nashville would be the titties! I can walk(cocktail in hand) to every major venue in Nashville! No driving, no parking, no stuck in traffic....did I mention the cocktail?
Old 03-26-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Some people just can't understand that everything doesn't equate to money. When you've got plenty of money, but really want to create a work that you're proud of, money be damned. Go out and do a few shows, even if you only break even(or even lose a little). If you're worth 60 million, what is losing a million going to do to you, especially if you're fulfilling your own wishes? Some people just can't understand that...

If the Indy reference is me...Indy would be great(I'm an hour away), but Nashville would be the titties! I can walk(cocktail in hand) to every major venue in Nashville! No driving, no parking, no stuck in traffic....did I mention the cocktail?
It was just an example. But, have at it!
Old 03-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

In 2005 Bruce Springsteen did an acoustic small venues tour where he played to crowds at only 20% of what he could attact. Bruce did not care about the money but the quality of the product.
BTW....Yes you did mention the cocktail You will be spinning your way down Nashville streets in Stevie shawls with one cocktail in hand
Old 03-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i see this is hard for you to understand - they are NOT doing this for the money. if they don't care, why do you?

quantity is not always better than quality. remember when Nicks opened for Rod Stewart? remember how much her fans hated it and wished she'd never done it? she had a new album to promote and she was doing a shortened set with like zero songs from her new album (or maybe one song?). nobody got to hear her new songs. and her fans hated being among all the Rod fans.

so yeah your little proposition would completely beat the purpose for the tour in the first place. for both the fans and for Christine and Lindsey. if they cared about that, they would have just done Fleetwood Mac moldies tour and throw in one new song.
I'm not concerned about their finances, I wasn't even the one who brought it up. I did respond to to it, yes. Just a healthy discussion of ideas. Clearly, the idea of B/M going out on a double bill is an insane and offensive idea to their hardcore fans on this board, and should not even be discussed. Consider this blasphemous idea banished!

I wasn't here when Stevie toured with Rod, so I was not aware it didn't go over well. Seemed like a good idea to me, though. Perhaps that would have been a harbinger of people's feeling toward a B/M pairing with another act.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I'm not concerned about their finances, I wasn't even the one who brought it up. I did respond to to it, yes. Just a healthy discussion of ideas. Clearly, the idea of B/M going out on a double bill is an insane and offensive idea to their hardcore fans on this board, and should not even be discussed. Consider this blasphemous idea banished!

I wasn't here when Stevie toured with Rod, so I was not aware it didn't go over well. Seemed like a good idea to me, though. Perhaps that would have been a harbinger of people's feeling toward a B/M pairing with another act.
IMHO Rod Stewart was so rude and arrogant to Stevie. He really is full of himself. The concert was billed as a double bill even though Stevie opened. It was stated that each would join each other during their gigs. Wrong! Rod NEVER joined Stevie on her stage yet Stevie had to come out and sing Rod Stewart songs during his set. They did play Leather and Lace a few times (only) but it was during HIS set. Rod had to read the words off a computer screen while singing with Stevie. It really showed the lack of interest he had in Stevie or her music. He thought he was too big of a star to come on stage with Stevie. Stevie was a trooper and carried on but I would love to hear what she really thinks.
When Stevie toured with Don Henley it was a double bill too. Don opened but Stevie joined him on stage and vice versa.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, thanks for the scoop. I had no idea there were any problems during their tour. And Rod even recorded Stand Back several years back! I saw a show a while back that aired them singing Young Turks together, and Stevie was singing and dancing with Rod's back up singers a bit, and it was a great performance, I have to say. It was fun seeing Stevie doing a kind of doo-wap thing.

Mick Fleetwood was on Bob Costas late night NBC show 30 plus years ago and he said the best performers he had ever seen live were Stevie Nicks and Rod Stewart, and for some reason that comment always stuck with me, so I thought it was interesting they ended up touring together years later. Anyway, sounds like Stevie and Chrissie Hynde are a much better fit.

I would love to see Stevie tour with Heart, if for no other reason than to maybe finally hear her sing on These Dreams with them! Plus I just think that would be a bad a$$ rock show.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I would love to see Stevie tour with Heart, if for no other reason than to maybe finally hear her sing on These Dreams with them! Plus I just think that would be a bad a$$ rock show.
That's not impossible actually, Stevie was friend with Ann and Nancy, hung out with them after shows and she and the girls even sang backup to their songs on some occasions.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-26-2017 at 02:48 PM..
Old 03-26-2017, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
That's not impossible actually, Stevie was friend with Ann and Nancy, hung out with them after shows and she and the girls even sang backup to their songs on some occasions.
Wasn't the last time she mentioned them not that long back and she was not so nice about their mention of her in their book? I don't even get why she was mad though.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the info, sisternightroad!. Nice to think it could be a possibility.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Wasn't the last time she mentioned them not that long back and she was not so nice about their mention of her in their book? I don't even get why she was mad though.
Oh yeah, I don't know for sure because I haven't read their book but I know that they talked about her drug and partying antics and knowing that Stevie has a concept of "mystique" about her life I guess she doesn't like others telling anectodes about her in their books; also I don't know if they asked her beforehand.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Oh yeah, I don't know for sure because I haven't read their book but I know that they talked about her drug and partying antics and knowing that Stevie has a concept of "mystique" about her life I guess she doesn't like others telling anectodes about her in their books; also I don't know if they asked her beforehand.
I read it and to be honest it was pretty funny. I don't think it was mean spirited. It was really short they said they were at her house and did drugs and tried on her shawls and they said the place was a shrine because she had pictures of herself everywhere and that they couldn't keep up with her drug use.

Nothing in it was really revealing it's not like her addictions/ego are a secret and it was sort of a bummer that she semi trashed them about it cause I like Heart lol.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I read it and to be honest it was pretty funny. I don't think it was mean spirited. It was really short they said they were at her house and did drugs and tried on her shawls and they said the place was a shrine because she had pictures of herself everywhere and that they couldn't keep up with her drug use.

Nothing in it was really revealing it's not like her addictions/ego are a secret and it was sort of a bummer that she semi trashed them about it cause I like Heart lol.
Oh, I'm sure there were surely many worse anecdotes, for example didn't Van Halen asked the Wilson sisters to participate in a foursome?
Also if I remember well Stevie wasn't the angrier one, John Mellencamp said pretty mean things to them.
I don't really think it was such a big deal, they all hung out together again for something around that time or after, so I guess they all just let it go?

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-26-2017 at 04:06 PM..
Old 03-26-2017, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
they said the place was a shrine because she had pictures of herself everywhere
Now WHY am I not surprised by this revelation?

Old 03-26-2017, 04:05 PM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
BTW....Yes you did mention the cocktail You will be spinning your way down Nashville streets in Stevie shawls with one cocktail in hand
I'm not sure there's enough vodka in the world for that to happen!

Maybe I could do the Lindsey Frankenstein guitar solo walk...