User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Thumbs up In The Meantime... video outtakes

Gosh I love this album. No padding. EVERY song is beautifully written and performed. If I was a billionaire, I would pay Christine 10 million dollars to do another solo album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuYn...CCnh-QoFo9eUVw
Old 01-27-2015, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Gosh I love this album. No padding. EVERY song is beautifully written and performed. If I was a billionaire, I would pay Christine 10 million dollars to do another solo album.

Amen. ITM is a collection of great songs. Her voice is was in top form, her hooks were great. I wish the acoustic version of "Friend" opened the record. (The electric version could appear elsewhere on the disc.) My only other gripe is the horrible "blind man who now can see" simile in "You Are." "So Sincere," "Forgiveness," "Giving it Back," and "Liar" are great tunes.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Amen. ITM is a collection of great songs. Her voice is was in top form, her hooks were great. I wish the acoustic version of "Friend" opened the record. (The electric version could appear elsewhere on the disc.) My only other gripe is the horrible "blind man who now can see" simile in "You Are." "So Sincere," "Forgiveness," "Giving it Back," and "Liar" are great tunes.
She was really reaching on that lyric. There are some bad lyrics on this album. But, the music is top notch!
Old 01-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Nearly every song.
Sorry, I think Bad Journey is lame. Most of the song is fine but the title line (sung by George or Dan or somebody else) makes me cringe. I have to skip track 4 I'm afraid.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Nearly every song.
Sorry, I think Bad Journey is lame. Most of the song is fine but the title line (sung by George or Dan or somebody else) makes me cringe. I have to skip track 4 I'm afraid.
Its funny how everyone has a different perspective. Bad Journey is actually my favorite from the album (as hard as it is to pick a favorite). Its different and not a love song. That is a rare Chris song. It has a much different hook but I really like it.

And I like the lyric...blind man that now can see. When you are blinded by true love you feel these extreme feelings as goofy as they sound.

But the best part of this video is seeing Chris scoot around the yard on that motor scooter with her dogs
Old 01-29-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Its funny how everyone has a different perspective. Bad Journey is actually my favorite from the album (as hard as it is to pick a favorite). Its different and not a love song. That is a rare Chris song. It has a much different hook but I really like it.

And I like the lyric...blind man that now can see. When you are blinded by true love you feel these extreme feelings as goofy as they sound.

But the best part of this video is seeing Chris scoot around the yard on that motor scooter with her dogs
Bad Journey is one of my favorite songs from her. I do agree the spoken Bad Journey part is a little odd.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Bad Journey is one of my favorite songs from her. I do agree the spoken Bad Journey part is a little odd.
Oh that is what I love so much about the song. I love when she starts naming cities in the USA. I would LOVE to ask her the meaning behind each one. I laugh to think if Bad Journey was about the Dance tour
Old 01-29-2015, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"Blind man that now can see" is a lyric in "You Are," not "Bad Journey." But I also love "Bad Journey" for its funky vibe and very un-Christine-like feel.

I think the scooter footage is funny! I think this video circulated when In the Meantime came out, when some of us were hanging around the old Christine McVie website message board.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
"Blind man that now can see" is a lyric in "You Are," not "Bad Journey." But I also love "Bad Journey" for its funky vibe and very un-Christine-like feel.

I think the scooter footage is funny! I think this video circulated when In the Meantime came out, when some of us were hanging around the old Christine McVie website message board.
LOL
There were several conversations going on this thread. Of course I know the blind man lyric is not in Bad Journey. I was responding to Aleuzzi who stated that lyric line was bad in You Are.
I was talking to everyone, thus the new sentence and several spaces to start a new line and paragraph
Old 03-23-2017, 04:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

I've been listening to ITM recently. It really has some great songs on it. I admit the lyrics could be more challenging, but musically it's got really good songs.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
I've been listening to ITM recently. It really has some great songs on it. I admit the lyrics could be more challenging, but musically it's got really good songs.
Yeah, I sometimes imagine if Stevie wrote lyrics for Christine's music.... . It's a Stevie strength. And quite frankly Christine gets too conservative and cliche for her own good.

Otherwise, I think this album shines brightly 13 years later.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-23-2017 at 10:44 AM..
Old 03-23-2017, 11:06 AM

ENCH

BTW.. I think Michele was going to ban me for liking Bad Journey.

I love it so much because

1. it sounds solo and not FM
2. it's more of a story than... Got a hold on me Got a hold on me got a hold an me go insane go insane.. etc..
3. her voice is a bit darker than that shrillness that pops up sometime.. it's call and casual.
4. the harmonies are delicious.

ps.. she almost banned me for liking THE AFFAIR, too.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE Bad Journey!!!!!
Its so mystical and also autobiographical
But most important Christine mentions Key Biscayne. When I bought this CD in 2004 I lived only a few miles from Key Biscayne and was floored she mentioned it in her song.
The song also has probably the best and my favorite bridge of any Christine McVie song. Its so uplifting!

Saw my dreams of love
As distant as the mountain tops
And just as far away beyond the point
Where I am today
So I picked myself up, 'cos I put myself down
And I in my car and drive around
No matter what was said
What it was that you did
All that behind me now
'Cos I'm moiving on

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-23-2017 at 06:11 PM..
Old 03-23-2017, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also really like everything about this album. I will say though the sum is better than the parts. We wil be reminded of that with the release of the Buck/McVie/Fleetwood/McVie album.😎
Old 03-23-2017, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's very little on ITM that doesn't hold up. Much of it is really very good. Some of the lyrics are cliche but the music and her voice are always spot on. What I love ,ore is that you can tell there wasn't much (if any) voice alteration. Her singing is there in all its imperfect perfection. My only real complaint about the record is that the acoustic version of friend was not included as a bonus track at the end. That version is better than anything on the entire album!

To this day, I'm in awe of how well most of the songs shine: Forgiveness; Giving it Back; So Sincere; Calumny; Anything is Possible.

I also love Liar and Bad Loser. Vituperative stuff!