The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Last night I was checking for domain names available, Buckinghammcvie.com wasn't available. It had activity last week.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Last night I was checking for domain names available, Buckinghammcvie.com wasn't available. It had activity last week.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I don't like that one of the related links is "heart hypertension". I mean, wth?!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

new article that's a compilation of most what's out there, as what Ultimate Classic Rock likes to do - http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...first-concert/

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie Announce First Concert Together
By Dave Lifton March 30, 2017 7:45 PM

Photo courtesy of the artists

We’re still awaiting full details on the upcoming album by Fleetwood Mac members Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, but we know now that they will perform together outside of the group. They are booked to play the amphitheatre at the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery in Woodinville, Wash., on July 19.

Tickets are currently on sale at Ticketmaster, and they’ll cost $59.50 for the lawn and $99.50 for the pavillion. The show will take place only three days after Fleetwood Mac perform at Classic West, a two-day festival at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles where they’re headlining the Sunday night, with Journey and Earth, Wind & Fire also on the bill. It’s unknown if Buckingham and McVie will announce any other dates leading up to or after Fleetwood Mac’s Classic East slot on July 30.

The album is expected to be titled Buckingham McVie, with the release taking place at an as-yet unannounced date this summer. The duo began writing together for a new Fleetwood Mac record three years ago; however, Stevie Nicks‘ unwillingness to participate has prompted them to put it out under their own names. “We’ve always written well together, Lindsey and I,” Christine said, “and this has just spiraled into something really amazing that we’ve done between us.”

It reportedly features contributions from John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, the latter of whom praised the record last week. “It came under the heading of music that had to come out. Chris is full of vim and vigor, which is mind-blowing, and I’m really happy for Lindsey, because this is what he most likes to do – putting something together. This relationship is a real expression of a musical powerhouse that’s come to the fore, and we’re all happy about that. It’s really cool. I think they’ll be walking down some red carpets with this one.”

Fleetwood Mac Albums Ranked Worst to Best

Read More: Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie Announce First Concert Together | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...ckback=tsmclip

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-30-2017, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
new article that's a compilation of most what's out there, as what Ultimate Classic Rock likes to do - http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...first-concert/

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie Announce First Concert Together
By Dave Lifton March 30, 2017 7:45 PM

Photo courtesy of the artists

We’re still awaiting full details on the upcoming album by Fleetwood Mac members Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, but we know now that they will perform together outside of the group. They are booked to play the amphitheatre at the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery in Woodinville, Wash., on July 19.

Tickets are currently on sale at Ticketmaster, and they’ll cost $59.50 for the lawn and $99.50 for the pavillion. The show will take place only three days after Fleetwood Mac perform at Classic West, a two-day festival at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles where they’re headlining the Sunday night, with Journey and Earth, Wind & Fire also on the bill. It’s unknown if Buckingham and McVie will announce any other dates leading up to or after Fleetwood Mac’s Classic East slot on July 30.

The album is expected to be titled Buckingham McVie, with the release taking place at an as-yet unannounced date this summer. The duo began writing together for a new Fleetwood Mac record three years ago; however, Stevie Nicks‘ unwillingness to participate has prompted them to put it out under their own names. “We’ve always written well together, Lindsey and I,” Christine said, “and this has just spiraled into something really amazing that we’ve done between us.”

It reportedly features contributions from John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, the latter of whom praised the record last week. “It came under the heading of music that had to come out. Chris is full of vim and vigor, which is mind-blowing, and I’m really happy for Lindsey, because this is what he most likes to do – putting something together. This relationship is a real expression of a musical powerhouse that’s come to the fore, and we’re all happy about that. It’s really cool. I think they’ll be walking down some red carpets with this one.”

Fleetwood Mac Albums Ranked Worst to Best

Read More: Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie Announce First Concert Together | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...ckback=tsmclip
"An as yet unannounced date"--?

I thought it was June 09.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:13 PM

I've seen June 6, June 9 and TBA..
Old 04-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I see all the reserved seats are sold out (save for a couple of disable spaces). Have any Ledgies out there actually bought tickets to this initial show yet???

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did, 3rd row. Had the page up and ready the second they went on sale, I did have to hit the "search again" button about 5 times, as TicketBastard was giving me crap seats all the way in the back of the reserved section initially, but I lucked out. Can't wait!
Old 04-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
I did, 3rd row. Had the page up and ready the second they went on sale, I did have to hit the "search again" button about 5 times, as TicketBastard was giving me crap seats all the way in the back of the reserved section initially, but I lucked out. Can't wait!

Oh great seats. Enjoy the show (and the wine).

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
yay!

i did too, first row after the pit (so 6th all together), right as they went on regular onsale. couldn't resist trying, and when that seat actually came up (while everything else coming up was row V and up!), couldn't resist buying since this is the only announced show so far, and we don't know where and when others will be, whether they maybe do only west coast, etc i have a friend volunteering to take my ticket if i end up not going.

i know several other ledgies have tix too, and are planning to go.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

awesome everyone! I couldn't resist for the same reasons, I know they'll probably announce more dates, but honestly, I'll be going home to Alaska in July anyway, so it really will be my easiest catch. I'll either stop in Seattle first, or just fly down for a little day trip. Counting the days until this album comes out!
Old 04-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default News | Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie Announce First Concert Together, But Wher

argh, i want those additional tour dates finally announced!

meanwhile various online places are regurgitating and adding their own spin to the first show announcement -

News | Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie Announce First Concert Together, But Where Will It Be?

News | Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie Announce First Concert Together, But Where Will It Be? | Society Of Rock Videos
billboard.com

The Time Has Finally Come!

It wasn’t too long ago that Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie announced that they would be heading into the studio to create their first duet album together, since then one of the main questions has been, when the blimey heck are they gonna play live together. The answer is soon… very soon.

The two have just announced that they will be performing their very first duet concert at the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery in Woodinville, WA on July 19th. Needless to say, this is something to get very, VERY excited about!

Not only is this exciting news because we get to see two legendary musicians perform together, but it’s also very exciting because they’ll be fresh out of the studio with brand new music to debut! The two have been working endlessly to create the kinds of hits that only they can make. So it goes without saying that if you’re in that area, you better not miss this amazing opportunity!

Chances are that after this, they will be playing more places across the country and maybe even overseas, however, that is purely speculation. What do you think of this announcement? Are you excited and will you be going? Let us know in the comments!

http://societyofrock.com/news-lindse...medium=twitter

Old 04-03-2017, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wow y'all got better seats than me!! I'm in section C. But I'm picky about seats and like being on the end of a row if at all possible.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:41 PM

I love these pics of them in the studio.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not necessarily surprised by the lack of more tour dates being announced. Management is probably focusing more on the Classic shows. Once those have sold enough, they'll begin focusing again on the Buckingham McVie shows.

THE Stephen Hopkins