Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Junior Ledgie

Cool Tusk release date

Hi, does anyone know when Tusk will be released on the stated DVD Audio format? I read long ago it was last planned for Xmas 2004 or 2005. There had been 1-3 expected release dates since the rumor originally started. I had seen it on websites for pre-order. I've also read that it was finished and turned over to someone. I can never find any information on FM website either. Is there any new news or some way to find out what the expectations are for this release if any? Who can I contact to get some yes or no answer?
Old 06-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliztzan
Hi, does anyone know when Tusk will be released on the stated DVD Audio format? I read long ago it was last planned for Xmas 2004 or 2005. There had been 1-3 expected release dates since the rumor originally started. I had seen it on websites for pre-order. I've also read that it was finished and turned over to someone. I can never find any information on FM website either. Is there any new news or some way to find out what the expectations are for this release if any? Who can I contact to get some yes or no answer?
Ring Warner Music - But music reps suck, so they will have no clue.

I think you have about as much luck for this being released as the Melbourne Stevie show....
Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Junior Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva
Ring Warner Music - But music reps suck, so they will have no clue.

I think you have about as much luck for this being released as the Melbourne Stevie show....
I'm surprised since there has been so much work that went into it. I have somewhat an idea of the work that goes into a remix. Why do you say this and what do you have to substantiate what you say?
Old 06-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
According to Ken Caillat, the Tusk & Fleetwood Mac DVD-audios were both finished & turned it to the record label more than 2 years ago. I believe the DVD-audio format is dead and gone. No one is releasing anything in this format nowdays, as far as I know.

It's a shame. I only have 1 DVD-audio(Rumours) & that one is great!

Last edited by macfan 57; 06-30-2006 at 05:44 AM..
Old 06-30-2006, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
According to Ken Caillat, the Tusk & Fleetwood Mac DVD-audios were both finished & turned it to the record label more than 2 years ago. I believe the DVD-audio format is dead and gone. No one is releasing anything in this format nowdays, as far as I know.
That's what I think was the problem: the format itself just fizzled out (probably because it required you to buy special equipment in order to fully experience what the disc had to offer--sure, you could play it on a standard DVD player, but you weren't hearing everything on the disc).

The other thing that I think drove the nail into the Tusk DVD-A coffin was the release last year of the Warner Bros. reissue with two discs. In fact, I guess it's possible that some of the extras Caillat had intended for the DVD-A actually ended up on the demo/outtake disc of the reissue.

I don't think you'll be seeing the Tusk DVD-A marketed at this point, unless a new format comes along (like SACD) & Caillat imports it from one to the other.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
That's what I think was the problem: the format itself just fizzled out (probably because it required you to buy special equipment in order to fully experience what the disc had to offer--sure, you could play it on a standard DVD player, but you weren't hearing everything on the disc).

The other thing that I think drove the nail into the Tusk DVD-A coffin was the release last year of the Warner Bros. reissue with two discs. In fact, I guess it's possible that some of the extras Caillat had intended for the DVD-A actually ended up on the demo/outtake disc of the reissue.

I don't think you'll be seeing the Tusk DVD-A marketed at this point, unless a new format comes along (like SACD) & Caillat imports it from one to the other.
But the format hasn't fizzled out. It never has been a big demand just like sacd. Studios are still releasing them. I just bought David Bowie Live and also Stage on DVD Audio yesterday. They were released late January or early February. I was just browsing yesterday and there are releases this month. When Rumors was released in this format, the market wasn't any bigger than it is now. Also, the DVD-Audio units are being factory installed in higher end automobiles in 2006.

Last edited by Sliztzan; 06-30-2006 at 08:12 PM..
Old 06-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But the format hasn't fizzled out. It never has been a big demand just like sacd. Studios are still releasing them. I just bought David Bowie Live and also Stage on DVD Audio yesterday. They were released late January or early February. I was just browsing yesterday and there are releases this month. When Rumors was released in this format, the market wasn't any bigger than it is now. Also, the DVD-Audio units are being factory installed in higher end automobiles in 2006.
Okay, so the format hasn't fizzled out. But 5.1 Entertainment Group, the outfit that employed Ken Caillat, who headed up the DVD-A of Rumours, apparently has. If you look on the Web, you don't find any news about the company or its products from 2006.

5.1 Entertainment Group
2231 South Carmelina Ave.
West Los Angeles
California
310-207-5181

Maybe you can call them.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-01-2006, 02:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Okay, so the format hasn't fizzled out. But 5.1 Entertainment Group, the outfit that employed Ken Caillat, who headed up the DVD-A of Rumours, apparently has. If you look on the Web, you don't find any news about the company or its products from 2006.

5.1 Entertainment Group
2231 South Carmelina Ave.
West Los Angeles
California
310-207-5181

Maybe you can call them.
Thanks for the information David. I'll write a letter and see what happens.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default David Bowie DVD Audio

By the way, Stage DVD-A is a powerhouse.