User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
Brwn Eyes, I'm curious as to what other columnists you like...other than Ann Coulter
Linda Chavez, Michael Barone, and Tony Snow, are some that I tend to read.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
Sure Though I guess I could be Diss' padewan learner...

I'm more on the Jar Jar Binx side.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
So Streisand is some sort of authority on the quality of speeches now?

Look, I'm just wondering when you'll kindly leave, since we just see you as someone to laugh at and pity, and even Deanna, one of the kindest people on the board, called you an idiot. If that happened to me, I would take a hike at that point. I'm capable of taking a hint in most cases. Unless your some troll created by dissention for entertainment purposes. (If that is the case, Diss--it was only funny for a little while, but it's getting old. )
Why do I have to leave if I am a Fleetwood Mac fan...should I remain quite just because everyone here has a different political view then myself...what happened to my freedom of speech?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I'm more on the Jar Jar Binx side.
Below the belt, buddy. Below the belt. Don't EVER mention Jar Jar Binks to me. He alone brought on a whole new era of Star Wars haters.

In other words, READ THE AVATAR.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
Yes, please. This sucker is troll-o-rama central. I wonder who it is? CarneVaca returned from the grave and having fun? 1/2 Insane gone fully insane? - although, since he already had, I don't know if this one's a go.
Im just a fleetwood mac fan who wanted to join the community...and came to the chit chat section and saw some postings bashing Bush and conservatives, and I just couldn't keep quite...should I have? Why is that fair?
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
a) Wise and smart beyond your years with complete open minds.
b) So confident in your comprehending skills that you criticize others for not seeing things the same way you do.
c) And better than others...so you can resort to name calling, because the term idiot couldn't even be applied to you.
a) no, perhaps wiser and definitely more humble than you, and more open-minded by default
b) sure, why not? We criticize each other a lot on this board. Sometimes it's just for conversation or because we're bored. In your case, it's because we find you extremely irritating and are looking for chances to criticize you.
c) Oh, it has been. I never said I couldn't be called names. But I can honestly say that with everything I've done in my life, I have NEVER been the condescending asshole as you have on this board. I simply have never gone that far and have never had any desire to.

Last edited by GateandGarden; 01-18-2005 at 02:48 PM..
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love how all of that could be directed at me...but you guys are ALL:

a) Wise and smart beyond your years with complete open minds.
b) So confident in your comprehending skills that you criticize others for not seeing things the same way you do.
c) And better than others...so you can resort to name calling, because the term idiot couldn't even be applied to you.
I'm an idiot when it comes to many, many things, but not when it comes to politics. I have no problem with the fact that you're a conservative, if that's you, then fine. Let's discuss the issue using facts. We do it with Nancy when she participates and everything is hunky dory. But don't post lies, unsubstantiated garbage, partial quotes, distorted quotes, quotes you don't seem to comprehend when discussing them, or your opinions if you have nothing to base those opinions on. It gets people angry and it makes you look like a fool.

Old 01-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So Streisand is some sort of authority on the quality of speeches now?

Look, I'm just wondering when you'll kindly leave, since we just see you as someone to laugh at and pity, and even Deanna, one of the kindest people on the board, called you an idiot. If that happened to me, I would take a hike at that point. I'm capable of taking a hint in most cases. Unless your some troll created by dissention for entertainment purposes. (If that is the case, Diss--it was only funny for a little while, but it's getting old. )
btw...my point by saying that even Streisand found Moore to be in poor taste in that instance...was to say that EVEN a very liberal person such as Ms. Streisand thought that Moore was out of line...

why is that such an idiotic point! and why am I being treated like an idiot here...because I disagree with some of you. Its very upsetting...but Thank God I don't care...THAT much!
Old 01-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...what happened to my freedom of speech?
I didn't say you should be banned by the admin here. I suggested you make the decision to leave.

Don't give me that bull**** about differing political views. Everything you have expressed has been for the sole purpose of pissing off everyone here. It's not like you wanted to engage in some enlightening debate or you were looking to learn something from someone else. It doesn't matter if you own every freakin' FM CD--you're still trolling.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I'm an idiot when it comes to many, many things, but not when it comes to politics. I have no problem with the fact that you're a conservative, if that's you, then fine. Let's discuss the issue using facts. We do it with Nancy when she participates and everything is hunky dory. But don't post lies, unsubstantiated garbage, partial quotes, distorted quotes, quotes you don't seem to comprehend when discussing them, or your opinions if you have nothing to base those opinions on. It gets people angry and it makes you look like a fool.
Well if every thing that I post is called idiotic or untrue...then we will never gain any ground. Because you are so quick to judge and anything that I post is not fact but opinion...in that case everything can be opinion then.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
why is that such an idiotic point! and why am I being treated like an idiot here...because I disagree with some of you. Its very upsetting...but Thank God I don't care...THAT much!
Perhaps you're being treated like an idiot because you're acting like one?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't say you should be banned by the admin here. I suggested you make the decision to leave.

Don't give me that bull**** about differing political views. Everything you have expressed has been for the sole purpose of pissing off everyone here. It's not like you wanted to engage in some enlightening debate or you were looking to learn something from someone else. It doesn't matter if you own every freakin' FM CD--you're still trolling.
I have not said this to piss anyone off. I just wanted to present DIFFERENT views here. God forbid I do anything like that...and since Im the only one trying to defend ME...Im called a troll...what a joke! You guys are very uptight.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Perhaps you're being treated like an idiot because you're acting like one?
Why am I acting like an idiot?

because I am conservative? Why is that idiotic...im trying to understand.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well if every thing that I post is called idiotic or untrue...then we will never gain any ground. Because you are so quick to judge and anything that I post is not fact but opinion...in that case everything can be opinion then.
You can't be taken seriously later on if you start off on the wrong foot as a hateful bigot. If you want to change your plan of attack and become more diplomatic, people won't even believe you. Not that I foresee that, anyway. Pretty much no one on this board is "quick to judge." We gave you the chance we give every other poster, but your hateful rhetoric started up right off the bat.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have not said this to piss anyone off. I just wanted to present DIFFERENT views here. God forbid I do anything like that...and since Im the only one trying to defend ME...Im called a troll...what a joke! You guys are very uptight.
Nancy is a conservative and I think she would agree that you're doing nothing but trolling and attempting to piss people off. So it's not just us liberals.