User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
This is the last post I'm going to make regarding the current topic of this thread, but I just wanted to highlight something from the website dedicated to Jimmy Wheeler....

"Jimmy tried to pretend that he was completely comfortable with who he was. He tried to pretend that it didn't bother him when the kids called him names like 'Faggot' or 'Queer' or that it didn't totally humiliate him when they pulled him out of the gym class shower and peed on him."

My experiences growing up were not too dissimilar to Jimmy's. I was subjected to a lot of violence and abusive behaviour, due to the fact that I was "different."

But the actions of the individuals who directed their anger, hatred and violence toward me, is solely THEIR responsibility. No one else's.
And for me to blame the entire straight white male population for the heinous actions of a few, would be near-sighted and unfair. Not the least of which to myself.

It took me a long time to find forgiveness, but I did. And, these days, my goal is to make friends and allies of those who don't happen to share my sexual orientation... rather than living my life suspicious of people because of my childhood and teenaged experiences.

Ok, back to work.
Jimmy lived less than 30 miles from where I am living near Harrisburg, Pa. The controversy over Fred Phelps and his proposed "monument" to Jimmy stirred alot of local media attention to Jimmy's case. It makes me ill the kind of hatred that is present in some people. You can read all about it here:

Fred Phelps Article

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 01-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To answer you’re post “Tower”. The definition of anti gay and how it applies to me. It’s an abomination of God and if homosexuals would seek the correct counseling anything is possible in his name. I believe that and it’s my opinion like it or not.
You’re right about the number of other violent crimes. If Gods righteousness was sought by the heart of those who choose to remain blindfolded those crimes would be dealt with too.

The reason I put my 2 cents in this thread again was because of Stews post linking to the sad Jimmy site again. It’s sad that happened to Jimmy but again I believe with the correct counseling the outcome would have been different.

To elaborate a little more on the juvenile hall incident I got myself into. The guard was caught some time later. My grandfather attended the sentencing. The guard got basically a slap on the hand. In the small community I lived in at the time we found out later the judges son was gay.

To answer you’re post “Sugar”. That’s pretty out there. Rambling assumptions. I tend to take the whole gay issue personal though after my experience. I don’t need to go into the other issues you pulled out of the air.

Stew I love ya buddy. I don’t hate you nor any other homosexual on this board but after I saw the Jimmy link this morning I had to put up a link to something I found horrible too. What happened Jesse I can relate to just like you relate to Jimmy.

I’ll quote you here Stew. “This is the last post I'm going to make regarding the current topic of this thread”, but I just wanted to highlight something from the website dedicated to…
http://www.armyofgod.com/JesseDirkhising.html

By Reed Irvine and Cliff Kincaid / Accuracy In Media
In earlier commentaries we have contrasted the extensive coverage our establishment media gave to the murder of Matthew Shepard, a homosexual college student in Wyoming, and the murder by two homosexual men of Jesse Dirkhising, a seventh-grade student in Arkansas. At the end of November, a Nexis search of publications outside of Arkansas turned up only a half dozen news stories and a dozen editorials, columns and letters that mentioned the Dirkhising murder. Jonathan Gregg of Time magazine gave an explanation for this in an article on Time’s web site on November 4. He said: "The reason the Dirkhising story received so little play is because it offered no lessons. Shepard's murder touches on a host of complex and timely issues: intolerance, society's attitudes toward gays and the pressure to conform, the use of violence as a means of confronting one's demons. Jesse Dirkhising's death gives us nothing except the depravity of two sick men. There is no lesson here, no moral of tolerance, no hope to be gleaned in the punishment of the perpetrators. To be somehow equated with these monsters would be a bitter legacy indeed for Matthew Shepard." But there are important lessons to be found in the Dirkhising case. One is that the homosexual lifestyle frequently involves practices that are both revolting and what follows may not be suitable for children. Josh Brown and Davis Carpenter, the killers of Jesse Dirkhising, were just doing what Carpenter, who is thirty-eight years old, had been doing for years -- inflicting physical pain on others for kicks. Sadomasochism is celebrated in homosexual literature and art. Those who engage in it are not described as sick "monsters." There is a tendency to try extreme perversions in search of thrills. One, called "golden showers," is urinating on a partner. Another is using objects to sodomize a partner. In Jesse Dirkhising’s case, his tormentors used cucumbers, a banana, a sausage and a douche bottle. These practices are shown in the celebrated Mapplethorpe photographs. During the 1993 Gay Rights March on Washington, an exhibit in the Mellon Auditorium, a federal building, featured whips, chains, bondage devices and electric cattle prods as instruments of sexual pleasure.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ½ ¡Ñ§ÅñË ®
To answer you’re post “Tower”. The definition of anti gay and how it applies to me. It’s an abomination of God and if homosexuals would seek the correct counseling anything is possible in his name. I believe that and it’s my opinion like it or not.
Well, there's nothing I can really say to you regarding your beliefs. However, I will allude some things to you that as a straight male you cannot know. I believe that you are not trying to offend anyone, however, the suggestion that homosexuality is a condition that can be cured or dealt with through counseling is highly offensive to me (and most homosexuals). Those in the world who stress that idea are actually contributing to the self-hatred and depression of gays.

Quote:
In the small community I lived in at the time we found out later the judges son was gay.
It's absolutely non of my business what happened to you when you were younger- however, I don't understand how the judge's son being gay was related to your incident.

Quote:
Jesse Dirkhising's death gives us nothing except the depravity of two sick men.

But there are important lessons to be found in the Dirkhising case. One is that the homosexual lifestyle frequently involves practices that are both revolting and what follows may not be suitable for children.

Sadomasochism is celebrated in homosexual literature and art. Those who engage in it are not described as sick "monsters." There is a tendency to try extreme perversions in search of thrills. One, called "golden showers," is urinating on a partner. Another is using objects to sodomize a partner.

These practices are shown in the celebrated Mapplethorpe photographs.

During the 1993 Gay Rights March on Washington, an exhibit in the Mellon Auditorium, a federal building, featured whips, chains, bondage devices and electric cattle prods as instruments of sexual pleasure. [/I]
I don't know where the dudes who wrote this piece come from- but, where the hell did they get off thinking that sado-masochism and all the other practices that were listed were exclusive to homosexuals??? It's absolutely ludicrous. S & M and the use of sex toys and instruments is just as prevalent, if not more so, in the straight community as in the homosexual community.

It's this kind of ignorance that encourages homophobia and bigotry.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
To answer you’re post “Sugar”. That’s pretty out there. Rambling assumptions. I tend to take the whole gay issue personal though after my experience. I don’t need to go into the other issues you pulled out of the air.
Out there, huh? I just applied your justifications to any number of other people victimized by people belonging to another definable group.

Do women raped by men have any less reason to be anti-man than your reason for being anti-gay?

Never mind...like we even know if any of this is true...

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 01-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Well I don't know if you're even still in this thread but no personal story of youth is ever justification for others to want to bring a level of deprivation to a whole sector of society.
If I were straight, honey, I'd be on the plane to Oz to give ya a big smooch!!!

And, yes Jason, I know you have dibs on her, but I would hot-Wesson-oil-wrestle you for the fair hand of Lux...
Old 01-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default chiming in here...

Quote:
One, called "golden showers," is urinating on a partner. Another is using objects to sodomize a partner.
I got news for ya Bubba--straight men do that sort of thing AND WORSE to women all the time. in fact, women are expected to do quite a lot to satisfy a man. I seem to recall you posting some pretty wild things on this board yourself all in the name of raging male testosterone. GIVE ME A BREAK. This isnt a GAY issue, it is a MALE issue. Whether the partner is the same or the opposite sex, the FACT remains that we are talking about what turns MEN on. for example, you previously posted that the idea of two women having relations didnt bother you. Why is that? that is still homosexuality?

edit: I want to add that I am sorry for what happened to you when you were a child. NO CHILD should have to go through that. The system should have protected you and it didnt. I (and others) am trying to bring about change so that children will BE protected. But that is a separate issue because really, what goes on behind closed doors between two consenting adults is nobody's business but their own.

Last edited by irishgrl; 01-21-2005 at 08:21 AM..
Old 01-21-2005, 12:22 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I’m not going to get into a long story about what happened to me in a juvenile facility at the age of 11.
You're confusing homosexuality with pedophilia? I suspect you know better but are using this to justify your (flawed) argument.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It’s an abomination of God and if _________ would seek the correct counseling anything is possible in his name. I believe that and it’s my opinion like it or not.
Funny, that's my opinion of you that I've so far withheld since you came on this board.
Some of the things you have posted are borderline filth. How does your god feel about that?
Does going to church on Sunday absolve you of all that?
Old 01-21-2005, 01:39 PM
DeadliestPoison
This message has been deleted by DeadliestPoison.