Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have we had this one yet:

Old 09-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No. That's a new one. I've never seen it before. It looks like it's from the Rumours era. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Junior Ledgie

Although I've never before seen that particular picture, I've seen several others of Christine wearing that shirt and I've always wondered about it. Is that a cub scout/boyscout uniform? My brother had one very similar to that in the 70's. Anyone know why Christine would wear that. Didn't seem her style to me?????????
Old 09-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Ledgie

It's a Cub Scout shirt. Back in 1976 or 1977, Linda Ronstadt had worn the entire Cub Scout uniform, with very short shorts and the official belt, in concert, which generated a response from the Boy Scouts of America that only officially enrolled boys were allowed to wear the uniform. I actually saw Linda Ronstadt in concert in the uniform, and she said that she had bought it at a thrift shop. At the time, Linda Ronstadt was hitting super stardom. I had friends who wanted the "look" and actually went to thrift shops looking for it. So, whenever I saw or see photos of Christine in the shirt, I assumed that she was part of the fad, since, as you say, it's not her style.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrK
It's a Cub Scout shirt. Back in 1976 or 1977, Linda Ronstadt had worn the entire Cub Scout uniform, with very short shorts and the official belt, in concert, which generated a response from the Boy Scouts of America that only officially enrolled boys were allowed to wear the uniform. I actually saw Linda Ronstadt in concert in the uniform, and she said that she had bought it at a thrift shop. At the time, Linda Ronstadt was hitting super stardom. I had friends who wanted the "look" and actually went to thrift shops looking for it. So, whenever I saw or see photos of Christine in the shirt, I assumed that she was part of the fad, since, as you say, it's not her style.
Hmm. That's kind of interesting. I've seen pics of her in that shirt and have also wondered why the heck she was wearing it LOL.

BTW I've never seen that particular pic either and I LOVE it; no surprise there. Thanks for sharing it!

-Lis
Old 09-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One thing that does surprise me is that although we have the usual drink in one hand there doesn't seem to be a cigarette in the other!

Gail
Old 09-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Totally new to me! Cool! Thanks for posting that, Sharon.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrK
OR it could be she was doing it to make John happy early on. After all, didn't he have a major crush on LR?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've posted this in the Danny pictures thread, but I just wanted to add it here too - this is a pic of Chris with Danny from my big 71-72 poster thingy - might as well post the one of the rest of the band too - the poster's too big to scan them all at once. It's a bit fuzzy because well... the original is a bit fuzzy - the sun's behind them which is the main reason. Hope it's new to you, sorry if it's not
Attached Images
File Type: jpg danny&chrisbw.jpg (23.4 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg mickbobjohnbw.jpg (22.6 KB, 42 views)
Old 09-23-2005, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think I've seen that before. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet
I've posted this in the Danny pictures thread, but I just wanted to add it here too - this is a pic of Chris with Danny from my big 71-72 poster thingy - might as well post the one of the rest of the band too - the poster's too big to scan them all at once. It's a bit fuzzy because well... the original is a bit fuzzy - the sun's behind them which is the main reason. Hope it's new to you, sorry if it's not
That's new to me. Thanks. I like Chris' shirt there.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are a few Tango era outtakes of Chris & Stevie. The first one is up for auction right now on eBay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c7_1.jpg (17.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg macgirls5pd.jpg (21.7 KB, 62 views)
Old 10-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

*slowly emerges* Uh.... Hi! I finally got posting access, so here I am. If any of you have ventured over to Livejournal, you may know me as soupdupcosmogrl. Anyway, I have a couple of pictures to share. I believe mac fan57 was looking for these. Enjoy!

BTW-- I had a great time browsing this thread. So many pics I'd never seen before!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TITN0.jpg (12.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg TITN1.jpg (12.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg chris_water.jpg (3.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg cute-chris.jpg (2.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg macexpressions.jpg (55.9 KB, 64 views)
Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 PM

wow that's a face of steel sometimses ya know
Old 10-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
*slowly emerges* Uh.... Hi! I finally got posting access, so here I am. If any of you have ventured over to Livejournal, you may know me as soupdupcosmogrl. Anyway, I have a couple of pictures to share. I believe mac fan57 was looking for these. Enjoy!

BTW-- I had a great time browsing this thread. So many pics I'd never seen before!
Hey!!! So good to see you, maker of kick-ass icons! So glad you can post now!

*beckons to Mary Anne, who will undoubtedly be ecstatic at the prospect of any Chris pictures she has not yet seen*