The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2003, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This sort of freaks me out a bit...

I think it was Christy who posted a little while back something else of LB's that was up for auction on e-bay and someone e-mailed the seller and the seller said it was actually something Carol Ann had in her possession at one time. I wonder if this is the same sort of thing or if someone did some dumpster diving for this. It pretty much looks as though he trashed it (note the wrinkled paper) and someone else got it out. Any thoughts??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2328
Old 06-28-2003, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to write to someone long ago in the mid west who knew someone in LA who did just what you're saying, they went through his trash and found notes, lyrics and drawings on paper. Definitely creepy and an invasion of privacy. I love the man and would die to meet him but not under those circumstances. I respect his privacy and those who do not are crossing the barrier into almost stalking.
My advice to Lindsey is to buy a paper shredder.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009

Last edited by macmar71; 06-28-2003 at 06:36 PM..
Old 06-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Angry PIG!!

These people who rummage through GARBAGE to find this stuff to SELL make me SICK!!!!!! Anything to make a buck, huh? Why don't people sell THEIR crap on Ebay instead of going to this kind of low?

If you rummage through and KEEP it...well, you're just wierd.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes I do find this highly disgusting! Its just not right, but we know our society had changed for the worse in regards to moral and doing the right thing. That is why I try each day to do the right thing. Maybe they should be reminded of that.

Oh and taking someone's garbage and going through personal things is just the same as being a stalker and obsessive. Sadly it makes me glad I am not famous...

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by macmar71
I used to write to someone long ago in the mid west who knew someone in LA who did just what you're saying, they went through his trash and found notes, lyrics and drawings on paper. Definitely creepy and an invasion of privacy. I love the man and would die to meet him but not under those circumstances. I respect his privacy and those who do not are crossing the barrier into almost stalking. My advice to Lindsey is to buy a paper shredder.
Back on the old ledge, there used to be a girl who I spoke to. We became friends but I stopped talking to her after I found out she was rather stalker-esque. She admitted to me that she had dumpster dove and got some Lindsey lyrics (Red Rover was one of them). She had a friend that worked in a guitar shop Lindsey frequented. She had her friend give her Lindsey's digits, called his house and copied his answering machine message. She was completely cracked out. There's more but I don't even want to get into it because girl has ISSUES. I wonder if this is the same girl you're speaking of and if it's the same girl who is selling this stuff. It really creeps me out. Linds, if you're reading this, seriously, buy a paper shredder. I would love to meet Lindsey but stalking just ain't my bag, baby. Krikey. What's the world coming to??
Old 06-28-2003, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down Boo..

I hate the fanatics who ruin it for the fans.

Meanwhile, if anyone comes across some handwritten lyrics to Down On Rodeo scribbled on the back of a menu or something ...
Old 06-29-2003, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Boo..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
[B]I hate the fanatics who ruin it for the fans.

I have always thought that others who have serious reality issues ruin things for the normal fan. Stalking is definitely scary and now that he has a family I am sure that he worries even more at times. Maybe that is why they moved to a different house in Bel-Air to get away from the flakes.

The girl I wrote to in the midwest was very nice and I had no problems with her as she later developed into a Tom Petty fan, our writing ceased after a time. I don't know how well she knew this other girl as it really was none of my business. I just know that as fascinating as LB is, once again I stress that this is not the way to be a fan.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009

Last edited by macmar71; 06-29-2003 at 11:30 PM..
Old 06-29-2003, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Boo..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by macmar71
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
I just know that as fascinating as LB is, once again I stress that this is not the way to be a fan.
Most definately agreed--I wish e-bay didn't allow things like this to be sold.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Boo..

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
I hate the fanatics who ruin it for the fans.

Meanwhile, if anyone comes across some handwritten lyrics to Down On Rodeo scribbled on the back of a menu or something ...
I'll be glad to scribble them for you. Name your price.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Re: Rummaging through garbage.

So, it is ok for a law enforcement agency to rummage through a trash bins for "trace evidence", and have it stand up in court due to the determination that once you throw something away and the trash can is at the curb, it is no longer "your property", yet, for someone (apparentely in this case) who rummages for seemingly "collectable" items is considered "sick" and a "psycho stalker"? What about the homeless guy who rummages through trash cans of those people so environmentally challenged they can't recycle aluminum cans?

There's a potential double-standard showing up here, just want to clarify the "ground rules" before I go off.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD

So, it is ok for a law enforcement agency to rummage through a trash bins for "trace evidence", and have it stand up in court due to the determination that once you throw something away and the trash can is at the curb, it is no longer "your property", yet, for someone (apparentely in this case) who rummages for seemingly "collectable" items is considered "sick" and a "psycho stalker"? What about the homeless guy who rummages through trash cans of those people so environmentally challenged they can't recycle aluminum cans?

There's a potential double-standard showing up here, just want to clarify the "ground rules" before I go off.
Interesting topic.

I guess I differentiate the two because when law enforcement allegedly does it to stop crime and homeless people do it to make money or, possibly, to eat, I consider these laudable goals. Conversely, these other people are doing for personal gain, a goal I submit is not as laudable as a survivial move or to stop people commiting crimes. But, they are related and I see you point. Also, I agree once you throw something away and it is outside of your house awaiting pick up you probably lose your rights to it. If it was that special to yoo, you should burn it, etc.

Food for Thought

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 06-30-2003 at 02:33 PM..
Old 06-30-2003, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD

While I realize the potential double-standard you speak of, is the homeless guy in the sreet going to BEL AIR into what I believe is a GATED COMMUNITY to DUMPSTER DIVE in order to GAIN A MATERIAL ITEM from a celebrity because he or she likes the person so much that they would do whatever to gain something from them? The particular girl i'm speaking of seriously blurred the line of reality. I didn't even want to mention it on here because it's nuts but If I recall correctly, she even spoke of him having a get together at his house. He and his guests were congregating in his back yard as he played guitar and his guests sang along. The whole time she was parked in the street out in front of his house. THAT'S A STALKER. I just want to make sure you guys know what i'm talking about. There is a line and the girl clearly crossed it. I was 12 at the time I started talking to her so it's like, yea, I couldn't do anything about it but now that I look back, I realize just how NOT COOL the situation was. Yes, I consider this girl to have some issues. I would think you would agree with me Chili but perhaps your comment was not directed specifically at me.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Things that are sold on eBay that were LEGITIMATLEY given or obtained by that person IMO its ok to sell them. However, I feel its a violation of privacy to go trash digging. Reminds me of that empty Stevie scription bottle I saw... Im all "eewwww"... I do agree though, parked out in front of LB's house just hovering will get you to JAIL not an autograph.

I wonder if the maid at the hotel stole his stuff? He lived there for years, didnt he??

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-30-2003, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
Things that are sold on eBay that were LEGITIMATLEY given or obtained by that person IMO its ok to sell them. However, I feel its a violation of privacy to go trash digging. Reminds me of that empty Stevie scription bottle I saw... Im all "eewwww"... I do agree though, parked out in front of LB's house just hovering will get you to JAIL not an autograph.

I wonder if the maid at the hotel stole his stuff? He lived there for years, didnt he??
If it's legit, by all means, sell away if you want to. It's obvious this particular item was meant for the trash. He did live in a hotel for quite some time so it's very possible a maid could have taken things out of the trash and decided to sell it. I hadn't thought of that but you're right.

What makes me laugh on e-bay right now? The fact that someone is about to pay $71.50 for the Gift of Screws...lmao....