The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default So, In Regard To This New EP......

.....is it just a digital release, like Lindsey's live album, or will there be a "hard" copy as well?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's just digital, at least that's what they have alluded to.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
.....is it just a digital release, like Lindsey's live album, or will there be a "hard" copy as well?
I hope there is a "hard copy" available. I'm way behind on the technology stuff. Don't own any of the new gadgets. Just want to put some new Mac in my CD player, too much to ask for I guess.
Lately there has been a few artist putting out stuff on Itunes that I'd really like. Fortunetly the stuff usually finds it's way onto youtube so I can have a listen.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just read that it was going to be 3 songs so Miss Fantasy, Sad Angel and Without You. I think it was on Ultimate Classic Rock. They also said that Mick separated from Lynn. He wants joint custody.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Just read that it was going to be 3 songs so Miss Fantasy, Sad Angel and Without You. I think it was on Ultimate Classic Rock. They also said that Mick separated from Lynn. He wants joint custody.
:-O That's dreadful! In the Two Sticks & A Drum DVD Lynn's depicted as being the one who helped Mick to finally overcome his alcoholism. I do hope he's not back on the bottle again...

I did also read mentioning here of a girlfriend. http://tmakworld.com/2013/04/fleetwo...view_2013.html
Old 04-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
:-O That's dreadful! In the Two Sticks & A Drum DVD Lynn's depicted as being the one who helped Mick to finally overcome his alcoholism. I do hope he's not back on the bottle again...

I did also read mentioning here of a girlfriend. http://tmakworld.com/2013/04/fleetwo...view_2013.html
I doubt he's drinking again, at least I hope not.

I noticed the mentioning of a girlfriend. I hope she makes him happy

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a joke...new ep tuesday and NOTHING on the website.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I doubt he's drinking again, at least I hope not.

I noticed the mentioning of a girlfriend. I hope she makes him happy

Well, he does love his wine...I'm not trying to start rumors, but a "recovering alcoholic" like him really should stay away from ALL alcohol.."Harmless" wine can definitely lead an alcoholic to bigger things.

Of course this is just all talk because we have no idea why they split.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey said on Monday night the EP would be available "online" so that probably means digitally.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they're making a BIG mistake if they just do digital...I don't download, so I will be passing. I think there are a lot of others who may feel the same way.
If they were wise, they would press up a few hundred copies and sell them on their website. If they want a TRUE representation of whether or not the fans really want new music or not, they need to cover all their bases!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SN called it "our mini baby record" in Columbus. i don't think it will be a "record" but i suspect that would mean not just digital. who knows.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I think they're making a BIG mistake if they just do digital...I don't download, so I will be passing. I think there are a lot of others who may feel the same way.
If they were wise, they would press up a few hundred copies and sell them on their website. If they want a TRUE representation of whether or not the fans really want new music or not, they need to cover all their bases!
well, maybe kids who are not "true fans" but are going to these mac shows alongside their parents will download ... my teenager loved Sad Angel and said we should dl it when it becomes available. he never even considered any other type of release.

i'm really puzzled by all this aversion to downloading tbh. were you all against CDs when they first came out too?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
well, maybe kids who are not "true fans" but are going to these mac shows alongside their parents will download ... my teenager loved Sad Angel and said we should dl it when it becomes available. he never even considered any other type of release.

i'm really puzzled by all this aversion to downloading tbh. were you all against CDs when they first came out too?
No. But downloading compressed files is simply loss of quality. And that stinks. 320 kb mp3 is nowhere near cd quality.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

For me, it's not an aversion to the technology but I want to have highest quality available. If there were giving me the option to download 24bit/192kHz (higher than CD quality) versions then I would. Since they're giving me the option of downloading an mp3 I'm not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
No. But downloading compressed files is simply loss of quality. And that stinks. 320 kb mp3 is nowhere near cd quality.

I'm hoping for a CD release of the EP. If nothing else it'll look nice tucked in beside all my other Mac CDs
Old 04-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Plus downloading hampers the mobility of songs. There are some songs I can't hear in my car because of Digital Rights Management issues. I don't like to "stream" music due to the sound vagaries, especially when you're in a moving vehicle. So, I often will copy digital music to a cd and play the cd in my car, but there are restrictions on my freedom to do that.

It's not about not embracing new technology. It's about not wanting to deal with the inefficiencies and artificial reins that the technology imposes.

Michele