User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I think it's awesome that we're all having this conversation -- with each other but, most importantly, with ourselves. I'm paranoid about posting too much private information on the internet but I may add to my post a little more later.... since I'm still a "kid" to some extent, it still feels like I'm betraying my parents when I speak about their faults.
Yeah I think it is a gvreat convo, but I do have something to really talk about now.

My parents have always hoped I would do better than them in life, but in many ways, they take it a bit too far. They will never accept a C for any class (except for precalc, but even then, they told me to keep on going to my school's math tutoring center, even though the grad students there basically told me to stop going) and with that, I basically kill myself with school. When I'm not going crazy trying to do well, I'm stressing over doing well and worrying what they'll think when they see my grades, to the point where I'm yet to get a good night's sleep since high school (I'm always tired and they just tell me to stress less) and I seem to get sick more often than other people. If I do complain, they listen, but they still tell me they want good grades, so I basically bottle it up and go nuts. And they wonder why I basically lose my mind at the end of a semester.

You can add me on Facebook