Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
[I]

Not vouching for the veracity of the statements, but Stevie once said in an interview that Lindsey was in a foul mood at the Grammies after The Dance didn't win (it was nominated). She said that's when Christine said she was leaving.
Aha. Another example of her passive aggressive digs at him over the years. This one was a part of the series trying to put blame for Chris leaving on him.

As you say - extremely dubious veracity.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-14-2018, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Aha. Another example of her passive aggressive digs at him over the years. This one was a part of the series trying to put blame for Chris leaving on him.

And totally laughable and bogus in terms of the intimation that it was the cause of her leaving.
She had been entirely committed to moving into her country house for personal reasons; and if indeed she did make an announcement immediately after the Grammys, it would have been because she had been waiting for the right time, and telling them BEFORE such a pivotal performance would have been rough. No doubt, Christine was probably doing cartwheels of relief in her head when they didn't win. "Kent, here I come!" And, "Oh look, Linds is bothered by something again. Dearie me, hahaha." Fade to sunset.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I honestly don't think Lindsey would care about that. He's come to terms with her superstardom.
True, but I think it's only human to be a bit annoyed that the person who fired him will be officially celebrated and praised to the skies in a grand, nationally televised ceremony just a few weeks after her poor behavior towards him has become known. The press releases announcing her induction will also counter any press discussing her role in Lindsey's firing.

Again, it's only human to find that a bit galling.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
True, but I think it's only human to be a bit annoyed that the person who fired him will be officially celebrated and praised to the skies in a grand, nationally televised ceremony just a few weeks after her poor behavior towards him has become known. The press releases announcing her induction will also counter any press discussing her role in Lindsey's firing.

Yeah, I agree. It most certainly has to be "getting his goat"!
Old 12-14-2018, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Huh? I followed the band closely back then, and Christine was very clearly ready to go, but wanted to go out on a high note.

She retired from touring at the end of 1990, she made it known in the early ‘90s that she was restoring an estate in Kent, “Hollywood” and “All Over Again” made it clear in 1995 that she was leaving, she actually did leave in 1995, and she put the kibosh on extending “The Dance” tour.

I never read anything into Stevie’s comments that linked Lindsey’s mood to what was inevitable to anyone paying attention.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-14-2018, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Her winning this just reinforces that talent is sooo not enough in this business. You gotta play the game. Lindsey has not played it as well, has in fact pushed against all that phoniness, and she's happy to gloat.

And to those saying her dedication of Landslide to Irving doesn't mean anything, have you not been paying attention? She has very often used the dedication to send a message. It's not that she dedicated it per se, it's to WHOM she did and WHEN she did. It's the timing. Lindsey has been very publicly throwing shade on Azoff, so Stevie comes out and kisses his ass (which is hilarious considering she fired him back in the day).
yup.

and yup. even i know that!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

i don't think he cares, tbh. and i think he also still worries about her - and for all we know might be even happy for her. RnRHoF is not nearly as big a deal as it used to be, you only hear about it if there's some huge scandal. like Janet Jackson was trending when it was announced because of all ups and downs she's been through since the nipplegate. and maybe if Radiohead refuses to be at the ceremony that will be talked about.

but LB? he just wrapped up extremely successfull first leg of the solo tour and is gonna do another leg. going home to enjoy some family time for holidays before big plans next year. probably hearing all kinds of amusing stories about what's going on in FM camp (Mick apparently told someone at m&g that they need to brush up on some songs during the break - which makes no sense!). and he's a man. this might be a big deal to feminists - and they may either feel extremely positive or extramely negative towards it, depending on whether they love her or think she's phony re her "feminism". and it's a huge deal to SN fans. but the rest of the world doesn't care much. i read some place that this year's RnRHoF slate of inductees is pretty good, except the Nicks one which is kinda just wasted; considering her persona and influence is with FM and she already was in for that.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Huh? I followed the band closely back then, and Christine was very clearly ready to go, but wanted to go out on a high note.

She retired from touring at the end of 1990, she made it known in the early ‘90s that she was restoring an estate in Kent, “Hollywood” and “All Over Again” made it clear in 1995 that she was leaving, she actually did leave in 1995, and she put the kibosh on extending “The Dance” tour.

I never read anything into Stevie’s comments that linked Lindsey’s mood to what was inevitable to anyone paying attention.
maybe you should do a search in Christine forum. because yes, Nicks tried to pin it on him in some interview - and all exclusively-SN-loving people here jumped on it and went - i knew it, he must have been to blame! as they do. lol

Old 12-14-2018, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
(Mick apparently told someone at m&g that they need to brush up on some songs during the break - which makes no sense!).
That’s usually code for changing up the setlist.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-14-2018, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That’s usually code for changing up the setlist.
he was talking specifically about certain songs they perform now, according to whoever reported this.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't think he cares, tbh. and i think he also still worries about her - and for all we know might be even happy for her. RnRHoF is not nearly as big a deal as it used to be, you only hear about it if there's some huge scandal. like Janet Jackson was trending when it was announced because of all ups and downs she's been through since the nipplegate. and maybe if Radiohead refuses to be at the ceremony that will be talked about.

but LB? he just wrapped up extremely successfull first leg of the solo tour and is gonna do another leg. going home to enjoy some family time for holidays before big plans next year. probably hearing all kinds of amusing stories about what's going on in FM camp (Mick apparently told someone at m&g that they need to brush up on some songs during the break - which makes no sense!). and he's a man. this might be a big deal to feminists - and they may either feel extremely positive or extramely negative towards it, depending on whether they love her or think she's phony re her "feminism". and it's a huge deal to SN fans. but the rest of the world doesn't care much. i read some place that this year's RnRHoF slate of inductees is pretty good, except the Nicks one which is kinda just wasted; considering her persona and influence is with FM and she already was in for that.
I think he does. I think the two of them both have a competitiveness with each other that will never go away. He feels like he's the more talented musician, she's "the singer", and he contributed more to both of their success, rightly or wrongly (hence the I'm Keith Richards and she's Mick Jagger insinuation). It will always get under his skin when she has a big success, and vice versa. As Stevie's favorite "truth teller" Tom Petty said, "They love each other but man they really do hate each other". I believe it.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He feels like he's the more talented musician, she's "the singer", and he contributed more to both of their success, rightly or wrongly (hence the I'm Keith Richards and she's Mick Jagger insinuation).
Analogizing Stevie to Jagger and himself to Richards was an act of deference on Lindsey's part. Keith acknowledges Mick is #1 in the Stones pecking order, though no one questions Keith's indispensability (which is more to Lindsey's point).
Old 12-16-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Analogizing Stevie to Jagger and himself to Richards was an act of deference on Lindsey's part. Keith acknowledges Mick is #1 in the Stones pecking order, though no one questions Keith's indispensability (which is more to Lindsey's point).
hmmmm the way he said "the singer" in his interview leads me to think otherwise.......
Old 12-17-2018, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hmmmm the way he said "the singer" in his interview leads me to think otherwise.......
Nope he WAS showing deference. NO QUESTION.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i usually agree with your readouts but i think you are overanalyzing this one.

on another note, i find it amusing that every "new band" sponsored article or review is still, even after losing the lawsuit, insisting on using the terms like "LB left the band" "LB's departure" etc, obviously still, not wanting to admit they kicked him out.

i guess they don't like the obvious conclusions such as the one stated in some recent review - that there's something very wrong in trubutes to the dead from the band that treats its living like trash.

#UglyWord #OwnUp