The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And she's back on the Klonopin hobby horse!

Stevie, you were NOT a hospital patient forced to take your pills by the nurses! You had every right NOT to take Klonopin and every right NOT to see and pay for a psychiatrist! Stop abrogating responsibility
Old 03-10-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
And she's back on the Klonopin hobby horse!

Stevie, you were NOT a hospital patient forced to take your pills by the nurses! You had every right NOT to take Klonopin and every right NOT to see and pay for a psychiatrist! Stop abrogating responsibility
Haha.. they forced that cocaine up her nose, too. Show some empathy, will ya?
Old 03-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Perhaps the fact it's called "Buckingham Mcvie" pisses her off? Maybe she feels that is a direct dig at her for not contributing to the album and she's pissed?
Well would she have been happier for them to call it Fleetwood Mac and to shoo her off the stage when the new songs were done on tour?
Old 03-10-2017, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Haha.. they forced that cocaine up her nose, too. Show some empathy, will ya?
Well given I HAVE been a mental patient in hospital, I have zero empathy as I own my illness, take my meds and see my Doctor and listen to her advice even if I don't always agree
Old 03-10-2017, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

she sounds cranky and self important and unhappy with her life. Well, she's the one who made it about work. I can't help thinking of the interview where she talked about the younger beau she had who got tickets to Bill Maher and asked if she'd go and she said "No, I'm Stevie Nicks!" The best bit was her saying how she couldn't take him anywhere she went, like she couldn't take him to the Grammy's and this and that....why? because he wasn't mr big and important?? Did LB or John or Mick or even Chris marry someone BIG AND IMPORTANT?? Did Henley? Did Petty? Did Dave Stewart?? Wtf woman......
Old 03-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
she sounds cranky and self important and unhappy with her life. Well, she's the one who made it about work. I can't help thinking of the interview where she talked about the younger beau she had who got tickets to Bill Maher and asked if she'd go and she said "No, I'm Stevie Nicks!" The best bit was her saying how she couldn't take him anywhere she went, like she couldn't take him to the Grammy's and this and that....why? because he wasn't mr big and important?? Did LB or John or Mick or even Chris marry someone BIG AND IMPORTANT?? Did Henley? Did Petty? Did Dave Stewart?? Wtf woman......
You sound like me, a frustrated Stevie fan
Welcome to the club! Membership is free and encouraged!
Old 03-10-2017, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, idk, if my doctor prescribed me something, I'd usually take it because I typically trust my doctor to give me what's best for me, so I can't really blame her for being mad at the klonopin doctor. Yes, it's not like he shoved it down her throat and she may have abused it, but she likely took it thinking it would be good for her since you don't think your doctor will give you something bad for you.

I do agree she sounds self-important but honestly she always kind of sounds self-important but it's not always as irritating.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lots of bitter angry people on these boards. Worse than Stevie for sure
Old 03-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't spend hours on a fan board bashing a singer I no longer like. I just don't support them and move on. Submerged in negative breeds more negative within themselves. But hey, go for it. Keep your negative posts going. Misery loves company
Old 03-11-2017, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The guy who is doing the Feud series on FX.( the current one about Davis and Crawford is great) Should do a season about Lindsey and Stevie.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The guy who is doing the Feud series on FX.( the current one about Davis and Crawford is great) Should do a season about Lindsey and Stevie.
they should do one for all the iconic rock troublesome duos. jagger/richards, lennon/mccartney, henley/frey, tyler/perry etc etc.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a question about the cost of them recording a CD. Would FM pay for any of that? Do they risk anything by making a CD that doesn't sell? I'm assuming that the studio would pay for it, with a clause that they would have to make a certain amount back either in CD sales or subsequent concert sales. Is that right? It seems like the claim that making a CD is financially risky isn't accurate, or maybe I just don't know.

Kevin
Old 03-11-2017, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've said it over on the Rumours forum but the solution to all of this is to record The Dance 2. New music contributed from the songwriters + the hits that everyone loves and it costs hardly anything to record because they'd do it live! This would sell well and it means that Stevie doesn't have to go in to the studio. Problem sorted.
Old 03-11-2017, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I don't spend hours on a fan board bashing a singer I no longer like. I just don't support them and move on. Submerged in negative breeds more negative within themselves. But hey, go for it. Keep your negative posts going. Misery loves company
I agree with your post....but I think for many of the long time stevie fans there is a level of disappointment in many of her comments....and as the years go by the "wtf stevie?" moments have become more and more frequent. I personally am very disappointed in her when I see her being UNGRATEFUL. Throwing pot shots at her family time, at her fans (to state hey lets just make lots of money and offer nothing new) , showing her greed (money money money) and insulting women who choose to grow old gracefully (there are men and women who are comfortable with their white hair! It is not a matter of trying). Not everyone has the Hollywood mentally of "I need to look 35 when I am 70". At the very least....dont say these things out loud. Ok to think them...but dont say them....you look ungrateful.

My advice comes from a very honest place in my heart. I am not some negative, envious fan. I do not have white hair, I make great money, I do not look my age. I am simply a fan who is disappointed in the face behind the mask....because I am realizing how very unhappy she really is....and that is sad.

This article, like so many in recent years just shows a side of Stevie that disenchants me as a fan.....I still love the music, but the "person" leaves nothing left to be desired.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.

Last edited by reebokandlace; 03-11-2017 at 06:20 AM..
Old 03-11-2017, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Michelle Obama? - how fake. She is fake, ala this among various things such as Glee comments.

Stevie's comments about the Fleetwood Mac and the reasons why she won't do it, have really let me let her go. I don't think of her the same way. I'm not that big of a fan anymore. She just comes off as a career networking has-been, who loves money.