Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Atlantic Records new label ?

Question, I noticed the new album by LN and Chris is on Atlantic Records ? if that’s true, does that mean Warners severed all FM ties? And maybe this album will get some goo promotion ? compared to maybe if this had been on LB label Mind Kit Records ? I am curious if LB will use Atlantic for his solo work after this? And I wonder what concert promoter is sponsoring this LB CM tour?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Along these lines, has anyone seen who is handling their publicity (and/or Stevie solo publicity) since Liz Rosenberg retired?

And to be slightly off topic I will Ms. Rosenberg would write a memoir! The stories she could tell of Madonna alone....
Old 04-26-2017, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Atlantic

Warners owns Atlantic.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post
Question, I noticed the new album by LN and Chris is on Atlantic Records ? i
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Records - they are under warners. it did sound like he might do his next solo with them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2017, 08:01 PM

I was telling Elle. I was on the subway in Los Angeles headed downtown. The train was crowded and a man tapped my shoulder, (he could see my phone and McBuck was playing) and he said, "Do you like the new song?" And I said, "Yes, I love it." He worked for Warners, as he called it. I asked him if he'd heard the rest of the album and he stated, "Noooo, they have that locked down pretty tight."

He said that he thought the LA and other dates would be announced soon. They were still working out things with the BIG MAC attack in NY and LA.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm pretty sure Atlantic has been a part of Warners for decades.
It probably just fell into the hands of someone the band was comfortable with and they happened to be heading up major acts within Atlantic.
Just a guess...

- but promo-wise Atlantic is the same as Warners.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I was telling Elle. I was on the subway in Los Angeles headed downtown. The train was crowded and a man tapped my shoulder, (he could see my phone and McBuck was playing) and he said, "Do you like the new song?" And I said, "Yes, I love it." He worked for Warners, as he called it. I asked him if he'd heard the rest of the album and he stated, "Noooo, they have that locked down pretty tight."

He said that he thought the LA and other dates would be announced soon. They were still working out things with the BIG MAC attack in NY and LA.
That's awesome! Lucky you, running into him.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
I'm pretty sure Atlantic has been a part of Warners for decades.
It probably just fell into the hands of someone the band was comfortable with and they happened to be heading up major acts within Atlantic.
Just a guess...

- but promo-wise Atlantic is the same as Warners.
according to wikipedia, "In 1967, Atlantic Records became a wholly owned subsidiary of Warner Bros.-Seven Arts, now the Warner Music Group, and expanded into rock and pop music with releases by bands such as Led Zeppelin and Yes.
In 2004, Atlantic Records and its sister label Elektra Records merged into Atlantic Records Group.[2] Craig Kallman is currently the chairman of Atlantic Records. Ahmet Ertegün served as founding chairman until his death on December 14, 2006, at age 83.[3]
Artists currently signed to Atlantic Records include but are not limited to Missy Elliott, Coldplay, David Guetta, Bruno Mars, Melanie Martinez, JoJo, Kelly Clarkson, Charli XCX, Charlie Puth, Kodak Black, Death Cab for Cutie, Ed Sheeran, Flo Rida, Halestorm, In This Moment, James Blunt, Janelle Monáe, Jason Mraz, Marina and the Diamonds, Paramore, Simple Plan, Shinedown, Skrillex, Weezer, Lil Uzi Vert , and Wiz Khalifa.[4]"

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2017, 10:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Atlantic is a part of WEA - Warner-Elektra-Atlantic... It's under WMG.
Did their conventions for years...

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it