Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default At the Fair

On the Wikipedia listing for Mirror, Mirror it credits other people writing "At the Fair." Does anyone know if that is true?
Old 04-04-2017, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
On the Wikipedia listing for Mirror, Mirror it credits other people writing "At the Fair." Does anyone know if that is true?
Who are the other writers?
Old 04-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It says Ray Kennedy and Gary Nicholson.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:26 PM

At the Fair isn't from the RAL sessions so it shouldn't be on the Mirror Mirror tracklist. It's from The Other Side of the Mirror sessions, so I don't think that info is reliable.
However there shouldn't really be such tracklist at all because a Mirror Mirror album doesn't really exists, it's a urban legend originated by some elusive comments made by Stevie in some mid 80s interviews in which she alluded to the fact that the Rock a Little album at the beginning was to be called Mirror Mirror because the original tracklist of the album, that at the time still was being produced by Jimmy Iovine, included the song; there was also a tracklist preview in some magazine. But when Jimmy Iovine left and was substituted by Rick Nowels the production completely changed direction and the song ultimately got scrapped, so the album had to change name.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
At the Fair isn't from the RAL sessions so it shouldn't be on the Mirror Mirror tracklist. It's from The Other Side of the Mirror sessions, so I don't think that info is reliable.
However there shouldn't really be such tracklist at all because a Mirror Mirror album doesn't really exists, it's a urban legend originated by some elusive comments made by Stevie in some mid 80s interviews in which she alluded to the fact that the Rock a Little album at the beginning was to be called Mirror Mirror because the original tracklist of the album, that at the time still was being produced by Jimmy Iovine, included the song; there was also a tracklist preview in some magazine. But when Jimmy Iovine left and was substituted by Rick Nowels the production completely changed direction and the song ultimately got scrapped, so the album had to change name.
Thank you!!
Old 04-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the link to the entry, wonder how much is true at all??

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirr...e_Nicks_album)

Last edited by Ledge Moderators; 08-21-2017 at 07:30 AM..
Old 04-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Grr link breaks when I post it.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
This is the link to the entry, wonder how much is true at all??

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirr...e_Nicks_album)
Thanks, I was searching for it at the moment.
Depending on what you mean by "true" since this is just a case of misinformation, but this looks like a not particularly trustworthy list of songs by the Rock a Little sessions. Probably someone that believes in the existence of this fathomable Mirror Mirror album just listed every possible track among Stevie's known demos and outtakes and probably not always from reliable sources, but that's just a guess.

If you want to know about the sessions I transcribed the recounts of the album sessions that were done by the Ivory Keys group here:
Tusk sessions: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55757
The Wild Heart sessions: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...30#post1175830
Rock a Little sessions: http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...13#post1175313
Trouble In Shangri-La sessions: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56017

Last edited by Ledge Moderators; 08-21-2017 at 07:30 AM..
Old 04-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks, I was searching for it at the moment.
Depending on what you mean by "true" since this is just a case of misinformation, but this looks like a not particularly trustworthy list of songs by the Rock a Little sessions. Probably someone that believes in the existence of this fanthomable Mirror Mirror album just listed every possible track among Stevie's known demos and outtakes and probably not always from reliable sources, but that's just a guess.

If you want to know about the sessions I transcribed the recounts of the album sessions that were done by the Ivory Keys group here:
Tusk sessions: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55757
The Wild Heart sessions: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...30#post1175830
Rock a Little sessions: http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...13#post1175313
Trouble In Shangri-La sessions: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56017
Thank you, I will read these entries!
Old 04-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
This is very strange because I have several newspaper articles from something like May 1983 where Stevie was already saying her next album was going to be called Rock A Little. This was right before the release of The Wild Heart album when she was doing press for her upcoming benefit for the Heart Association.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
This is very strange because I have several newspaper articles from something like May 1983 where Stevie was already saying her next album was going to be called Rock A Little. This was right before the release of The Wild Heart album when she was doing press for her upcoming benefit for the Heart Association.
This is not the first time that things don't add in Stevie world.
However it's my mistake because actually it was my assumption that Mirror Mirror got scrapped when Jimmy left, so I guess that the two things still don't exclude each other.

I know that at the beginning Rock a Little actually was called "Rock and Roll" because in interviews she called it this way and in fact also in one of the first video interviews for Wild Heart she says her next album will be a Rock and Roll record:

I'm already thinking about the next album. We're already about seven songs into it... And it's very different from Wild Heart. It's called "Rock 'n' Roll". I wrote this song about three years ago. I lived on the beach, and this song is about the fact that the beach was always shaking and I always thought it was an earthquake. So I had to learn to know not to pack my bags and run out the back. It's real rock 'n' roll, and was written before Wild Heart. It was really written right along with Bella Donna. But I knew the second I wrote Rock 'n' Roll that it would be the next record after Wild Heart.
- Arizona Republic, 9/18/1983

Then in the Atlantic Records interview for The Other Side of The Mirror she said this:

The Other Side of the Mirror came from…well first it was going to be Mirror Mirror, that was going to the name of Rock A Little. And then, because the song Mirror Mirror didn't end up going on the record because I didn't like the way it turned out, I changed it to Rock A Little because Rock A Little became the lead song.

So I just think that somewhere amidst all the changes Stevie's third album was briefly considered to be named Mirror Mirror.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 04-05-2017 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: Syntax
Old 04-05-2017, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How can one report full pages to Wikipedia for deletion? There's no reason this "Mirror, Mirror" page should even exist.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 04-05-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
How can one report full pages to Wikipedia for deletion? There's no reason this "Mirror, Mirror" page should even exist.
Well, since many people seem to believe in the existence of this album it may be useful to have a page that explains that it's just a urban legend and why, so maybe it's just better to report the misinformation and have the page corrected.

I saw once this journal drabble scan of the early tracklist preview of Rock a Little somewhere but I can't find it anymore, if anyone ever finds it please post it.