The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Ledgie

Default Grace Slick thinks FM look awful..

Don't know if anyone else saw this article. I don't know about Grace but I think FM look great. You're as young as you feel.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/18...day-and-retire
Old 11-18-2015, 02:58 PM

All of them, or just a few, or just one member? jeez... how disrespectful to older folks.. Now you have to look good in order to perform..
Old 11-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just saw that, too. Whatever happened to female solidarity? This throwing shade is so bad, especially when Stevie was so influenced by Grace and never said anything but nice things about her as a performer. Sigh!

And it is not even true, they all look very good, fit and full of energy.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the second time she said something similar to this. The first time was a few years ago, and I'm pretty sure it was about Stevie's solo career.
What a bitter bitch.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FM looks great for their age.They could be worst off just doing nothing and counting chickens or working at Walmart or Home Depot as greeters like some retirees do. I have to agree with Grace if she said that about me.I look like crap and fell like crap at times at my age which subtract about a dozen of years off FM members ages .I'm glad that I dont sing or on stage.LOL...

I do enjoy Grace and her band .She has a point on retiring before its to late.Kenny Rogers is retiring after his holiday tour.

Look at Betty White.She's still going in her 90's .God bless her.Country funnyman late great Little Jimmy Dickens was still on the stage right up to his 90's. and other I forgot to mention.

Will see after 2017 what FM will do.If they will tour in 2017.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

There's some clip of her talking about Stevie on youtube in a very condescending way. I honestly think there may be a tad bit of jealousy there or something.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
There's some clip of her talking about Stevie on youtube in a very condescending way. I honestly think there may be a tad bit of jealousy there or something.
I said something to this effect years ago and people thought I was crazy, seeing things that weren't there. But I'm with you in Rockland, as Ginsberg says.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
All of them, or just a few, or just one member? jeez... how disrespectful to older folks.. Now you have to look good in order to perform..
Yeah, Gracie's always been a head case. So strange that the darling of the summer of love should insist that a band which, by her admission, still sounds good should pack it in because she can't bear to look at them in their old age. I'm not surprised she said this. I might add that every member of the band looks better than she does right now.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Ledgie

I was a little disappointed to hear her say this about FM. If something works for her, doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Maybe she is one of those rock stars that can't stand getting old or at least seeing herself age. I love Jefferson Airplane but maybe it's a tad bit of jealousy on her part. As fantastic as she was, i think she peaked in the late 60s. Just my opinion.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's far too opinionated and in this case I don't think anyone would agree with her. After their Isle of Wight performance, Twitter was overloaded with complements on how the band sounded AND how they looked. They look incredible for their age and their energy is astounding. It's a good job nobody takes any notice of Grace Slick anymore whereas Fleetwood Mac are as popular as ever.

Jealousy? Because she's not doing much anymore? Of course it bloody is.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perhaps we should have a whip round for Grace.......as she obviously doesn't have a mirror in her house......
Miaow...
Old 11-18-2015, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Grace has always been tongue and cheek. Take it with a grain of salt.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yea .I see the jealousy there.Her and Starship is not around and FM is flying high with sellout tour dates playing greatest hits and the women of FM are on the top of the top earners of women of 2015.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Oh, thanks. I hadn't seen that comment yet]

Grace Slick: 'Fleetwood Mac should call it a day and retire'

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/18...day-and-retire

WENN.COM, 11/18/2015

First posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 09:31 AM EST | Updated: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 09:39 AM EST

Former Jefferson Airplane singer Grace Slick has urged the members of Fleetwood Mac to follow her into retirement, because they look awful when they perform.

The White Rabbit singer, who quit the business in the late 1980s to focus on her love of art, admits she's still a fan of the band's music, but she can't bear to look at them.

"I saw on television a filming of Fleetwood Mac doing something and I was OK as long as I didn't look at 'em," she tells WENN. "I couldn't look at 'em. They sounded great... and if I looked away and imagined young people singing I was OK with it.

"There's something about old people singing rock 'n' roll lyrics that bothers me. It just doesn't match."

Slick insists there's only one act that still deserves to be rocking in their 70s - the Rolling Stones.

"The only so-called old people I've seen that I really liked and thought, 'That still works', is the Rolling Stones," she explains. "They did a thing that was filmed in a park in Great Britain and the way they acted, the way they sang, the musicianship... just worked really well. It was good rock 'n' roll."

The We Built This City singer even thinks she stuck around too long - and should have quit music a decade before she walked away from Starship.

"I went 10 years past where I should have gone," the hippie icon adds. "I should have stopped at about 38, 39."

But part of the decision to retire came after years of singing songs she didn't believe in: "Starship gags me. I don't like to sing songs that somebody else wrote, simply because I don't necessarily agree with it. I'm lying if I say Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now. A Mack Truck will stop you instantly... and 52 per cent of people who get together get a divorce. What do you mean Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now? It's b-------.

"And We Built This City on rock 'n' roll... What city? There's no city built on rock 'n' roll."
Old 11-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I love Grace though. The story of how she was thrown out of Jefferson Airplane in 1978 is hysterical. The band was on tour promoting their new album. They were performing in West Germany but Grace was too drunk to take the stage so the band performed without her. The audience kept chanting for Grace so much that the next night (also in West Germany) the band forced her to take the stage. Grace was so drunk and was making fun of Germans with all types of World War 2 references and how they lost the war, etc. The band had enough and she was thrown out of the band. She would appear almost 10 years later with the new "Starship." While a success, Grace has always said she hated singing those light weight pop songs with Starship. Grace was 40 when Starship had their big hit "We built this city." She regrets rejoining obviously. Grace is brutally honest and I admire that about her sometimes.