Nothing Without You-9
Dreamin' The Dream-9
Sooner Or Later-9
I Wonder Why-4
Nights In Estoril-9
I Got It In For You-4
All Over Again-10
These Strange Times-0

Last edited by macfan 57; 11-24-2003 at 05:04 PM..
Old 02-03-2002, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only song on Time that I can listen to is All Over Again which I'll give a 9.

The rest of the album, don't care for it.
(no Lindsey or Stevie )

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-03-2002, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, I won't do the rating thing on here because I think it's best to do that on the album review scripts as that's what they are there for and it would be hard to say in some cases because there are some songs I love on "Time" that have some very annoying aspects to them which may have marred the "rating".

I'm sorry that it seems I will be disagreeing with everyone on this thread (so far) but I think "Time" is a great album and others may think this as well given one takes it for what it is and not COMPARE it (or it's members) to other Mac albums and/or members and take it for what it is.

The negative points to me are that I think they should've left off Bekka's vocals at the end of Dave Mason's underrated "I wonder why" and just had it end with the guitar solo on it's own. Also, it's a shame that Billy only really gets two songs here and I must confess that I've never been big on "I got it in for you". However, I feel "Talkin' to my heart" is one of his very best songs. I would've preferred Mick's "These strange times" to be instrumental as I think his "vocals" get in the way of what is (if you can ignore his words) an exciting, suspenseful instrumental track.

Maybe if many fans heard the "Soccer rocks the globe" version of "Blow by blow" first before this one, it may have eased them into the song better and would've liked it in time as a "grower". In addition, I found Bekka's songs to be true highlights of this album.

Even though there was the mixup of the album's release being delayed until after the tour was over, it seemed obvious that the general public, media, record company etc. was not going to get behind this lineup of the band which is a shame because there is great music there. At least most people seem to agree that Christine's songs were as great as always so hopefully if the other members could be given the same chance then the more postive points of these recordings can be fully realized.

John
Old 02-04-2002, 09:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hello!

Well, I must say I own Time and there are TWO songs that I absolutely LOVE! They are "Talking To My Heart" [a Billy song, big surprise ] and "Blow By Blow"

I am not too crazy about Christine's songs on this album, but the two I mentioned above rock the house!

Then there are those WONDERFUL pics of Billy within the CD insert...that hair....oh, that beautiful, gorgeous mane of hair!!! How I'd LOVE to run my fingers through that hair!

Just my nickel's worth.

Michele "The Billy Freak"
Old 02-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Ledgie

Hmmmmmm........

You know, it's been literally a couple of years since I listened to this album, but I had surprised myself with how I felt about it. I've always loved Chris's songs (esp. on the White Album), and I always liked Dave Mason's "We Just Disagree" - so I expected to like their songs best on this album. HOWEVER, I ended up not being too keen on Chris's and Dave's songs AT ALL, and LOVING Billy's and Bekka's. I was truly, and happily, surprised at what a phenomenal singer Bekka is. I've always figured I'd really like the Bekka and Billy album if I ever manage to get it, because whenever I used to listen to Time I would program my cd player to only play Billy's and Bekka's tracks.

Okay, I'm outta here before the Chris people start throwing rotten eggs and tomatoes...

Lori
Old 02-04-2002, 10:11 PM
Junior Ledgie

I haven't posted in any Fleetwood Mac-related boards or been to any sites in quite a while - I've been too burnt out on their music after Stevie live twice and Lindsey's BTM and everything...but I had to step out of the shadows to say Time is a ****ing beautiful album. For some reason, it's always elicited feelings of peace and happiness in me - it's seriously my second favorite album behind Tusk.

For whatever reason, something clicked when I first opened the album itself. The photos, the layout - everything seemed to have a sort of genuine happy feel to it - in every photo, someone's laughing or smiling (well, except John - but I guess that's to be expected). The album also sort of gave me a taste of something I once detested - countrier, rootsier music. 'Talkin' To My Heart' is a great opener. I was closed minded in my music listening when I first started listening to the band in my mid teens in 1997. 'Tusk' sort of opened my eyes to the rawer, punkier side of music, and 'Time', and songs like TTMH and Winds of Change (regardless of whether no one in the band wrote it) sort of did the same for countrier arrangements in my mind - I admit I still can't stand full-on country like what's on the radio, but I love bands like 'Lullaby For The Working Class' and such.

Also, Christine's songs are absolutely impeccable. I think 'Sooner or Later' is hands down the best song Fleetwood Mac has ever done - just above the title track from 'Behind the Mask'. Another obvious one people love is 'All Over Again', and I also love 'Hollywood' because it just sort of drifts and rambles - something the songs on The Chain box set did in a boring way. It seems the new iteration of the band allowed her things to stretch more here without seeming pointless.

I feel like I've been rambling and I don't quite know how to end this - but... yeah. Time rocks.

~Brian

PS - Marty, you're welcome to use this as a review on the Time album page if you want to. I personally feel this ended up more of a ramble than a review, but uhh.... yeah.

Last edited by d2brian; 02-04-2002 at 10:15 PM..
Old 02-05-2002, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Time" is one of my favorite Mac albums. I have only two big beefs with it:

1) They'd spent 15 months prior to its release promoting the NEW band, then give Christine 1/3 of the album space.

2) The running order (thank GOD for CD programming)

It took me a year or so but I came up with an alternate running order that, to my ears anyway, makes the album sound more cohesive and flow from one song to the next much better:

I DO
TALKIN' TO MY HEART
I WONDER WHY
WINDS OF CHANGE
SOONER OR LATER
DREAMING THE DREAM
NIGHTS IN ESTORIL

NOTHING WITHOUT YOU
I GOT IT IN FOR YOU
HOLLYWOOD
BLOW BY BLOW
THESE STRANGE TIMES
ALL OVER AGAIN

Left the space in there, since I grew up in the "LP/tape" era and still divide albums into 'side one' & 'side two'
Old 02-06-2002, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool The Time lineup

I don't have "Time" but I think this incarnation of FM is hugely underrated. The other day A&E broadcasted a show from 1995 (I think it was in France) with a very small crowd from the "Time" tour and there we could see Bekka Bramlett's impressive performance. There's no need to compare her to Stevie or anything like that... Bekka is another completely different kind of lead singer, and she had the band playing with such an energy... plus Billy Burnette is a great guitar player and Dave Mason is just an absolutely gifted and talented guy. Their version of "Don't Stop" was just amazing.

Fleetwood Mac means good music, no matter who's in that band.
Old 02-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't own Time... I'd like to someday though...

I just wanted to say that I had no idea that Christine was even on it. I thought that she had retired from FM when Stevie left after Behind the Mask.

Did she tour with them to promote the album? And did they just play all new material except for Christine's older songs (that is if she toured)?

- Todd
Old 02-07-2002, 04:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hi Todd!

NO, Christine did not tour with them to promote the album. She only agreed to do studio work. The band consisted of Mick, John, Dave, Billy, and Bekka.

They played some of Christine's songs with Bekka singing her parts. I really liked what she did with "Say You Love Me" during a performance in Switzerland.

Hope this helps!
Michele
Old 02-15-2002, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talkin' To My Heart 4
Hollywood(Some Other Kind of Town) 6
Blow By Blow 1
Winds Of Change 6
I Do 7
Nothing Without You 7
Dreamin' The Dream 3
Sooner Or Later 9
I Wonder Why 6
Nights In Estoril 8
I Got It In For You 3
All Over Again 10
These Strange Times 4

Average- between 5 and 6

Good album but some of the songs just don't appeal to me

Matt
Old 02-27-2002, 04:15 PM
Junior Ledgie

I just ordered this one from ebay...or won it that is...it was like 4.99 sealed!!! This is the one I never had...I have more of the earlier pre-Lindsey and Stevie and all of the Lindsey-Stevie ones...so even though they aren't there I still really want to listen anyway...but I have to mail the money order first...and to get the m.o. I guess would help as well...

beck
Old 03-01-2002, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought this was a good album. There really is only one song that I would give a poor rating to

Talkin' To My Heart 8
Hollywood(Some Other Kind of Town) 8
Blow By Blow 2
Winds Of Change 7
I Do 7
Nothing Without You 8
Dreamin' The Dream 6
Sooner Or Later 9
I Wonder Why 8
Nights In Estoril 9
I Got It In For You 9
All Over Again 9