The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris has been on record in several interviews prior to the start of this tour saying that she was not a fan of doing Songbird at the end of the show. She said she always was surprised they didn't want to end on something more upbeat, and do Songbird somewhere in the middle of the set (like Landslide I guess). But the rest of the band always wanted it at the end. Maybe it is cut because of her hand (the song isn't just about her singing it but the whole experience of her out there by herself with that big grand piano… and now with LB on guitar and just the two of them having that moment together so having Brett play it would change that whole dynamic) but I wonder if she's not also saying, 'see, we don't have to end with it, the fans aren't freaking out". I think people just want to hear it somewhere, not always at the end, but of course others may feel differently. Just saying she might not be unhappy about closing with something different, which would be her preference anyway. Maybe she's just trying to get them to break the mold
Old 03-18-2015, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Oh wow... this sucks. You are all raining on my parade. My dream was to hear Songbird live one more time before I die. It looks like that is not going to happen I see them this Saturday.
I can see this scenario. "If Chris does not do an encore, than Stevie says she should not do an encore." Its great for them that it cuts short the show a bit and is Stevie being nice for not taking over the show.

Oh my...... what a downer
Old 03-18-2015, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Say what? Seven Wonders was cut?
Old 03-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Just saying she might not be unhappy about closing with something different, which would be her preference anyway.
I don't think that's really her preference. I think she originally shrank at the idea of being out there front, center and alone for a slow song at the end, but I conclude that she grew to become accustomed to it, which is why she closed with it on her solo tour (although it's not the last song on the video album). I don't think she does it as the anchor spot under sufferance, but she's not going to come out and say, "Stand back, suckers. I'm the one who closes this show!"

I mean, I just think she's politely leaving the door open for them to change it if they like, but I don't think she really objects.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 03-19-2015 at 06:16 PM..
Old 03-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Say what? Seven Wonders was cut?
It doesn't look like they played it last night according 2 setlist fm
Old 03-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
It doesn't look like they played it last night according 2 setlist fm
If Seven Wonders is cut, I won't be completely distraught. However, they should replace it with something else like *cough* new material *cough*
Old 03-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
What I have noticed as long as I have been a FM fan is that the only audience members who enjoy Mick's solos seem to be the casual fans and maybe Chili D.
I too love the drum solos. I think Mik does an incredible job being inventive without being too flashy. Very tasteful and exciting.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can anyone who went to Nashville last night report if the set list was back to normal yet?
Old 03-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Feather Blade....

kak125 posted this in the Nashville show thread:

"So looking at selist.fm it looks like Silver Springs was back last night but no Seven Wonders or Songbird again. I would have been so upset if my show had those songs missing."

Nashville setlist

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 03-19-2015 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: fixed link
Old 03-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post

"So looking at selist.fm it looks like Silver Springs was back last night but no Seven Wonders or Songbird again. I would have been so upset if my show had those songs missing."

Nashville setlist
So if Chris' hand is so messed up she can't play SB, should we be led to believe that Brett is playing keys for the entire show and she's just faking it?

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post

Nashville setlist
Thanks for sharing that. I hope the problems clear up soon and things get back to normal. (Well, unless they chose to replace some songs with things we haven't heard over and over again, but we know that won't happen with this band)

Last edited by Feather Blade; 03-19-2015 at 11:31 AM..
Old 03-20-2015, 12:39 AM
Junior Ledgie

Darn I'm sorry to hear that they shaved the set list by 2 songs. Luckily I saw the full set list last year but will be seeing them again in St Louis next week. Was really looking forward to the full 24 song set list including Seven Wonders and Songbird. It must be a sign they are getting worn down. I wish they would have built in more breaks rather than down-sizing the set list.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFan77 View Post
Darn I'm sorry to hear that they shaved the set list by 2 songs. Luckily I saw the full set list last year but will be seeing them again in St Louis next week. Was really looking forward to the full 24 song set list including Seven Wonders and Songbird. It must be a sign they are getting worn down. I wish they would have built in more breaks rather than down-sizing the set list.

I agree They should of spread the dates out for they have more rest between shows time. At this point I think the whole band is overworked.
I hope they have enough energy to get them to do the European tour.
Now I see they just added the NZ and Aussie dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Thanks for sharing that. I hope the problems clear up soon and things get back to normal. (Well, unless they chose to replace some songs with things we haven't heard over and over again, but we know that won't happen with this band)
Yea i agree.Yea how bout "Hold Me". Chris probably cant play it herself.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Glad I saw them in Toronto when the full set was still on. Not sure if the whole "injured hand" thing is the reason behind the "Songbird" cut. Christine does have a pretty intense piano shuffle solo during "Don't Stop" which would require a pretty healthy player.

Seems as if the band is saving some energy for the UK tour. I would find it hard to believe that "Songbird" will not be a part of the London and UK shows as it has been even longer since fans there have been able to witness the song (and all of Christine's material).

Old 03-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I was thinking of Chris' interview with Johnnie Walker about Songbird, just before they announced her return.

JW: And another song that often used to end Fleetwood Mac concerts was Songbird.

CM: (makes a kind of quiet laugh/exhale sort of sound). Yeah.

JW: Why do you react to that like that?

CM: Well, because I just felt that…. look, it became absolutely…part of the show that I had to go and do Sonbird at the end of the concert and I could never figure it out why couldn't we do it, sort of … second from last encore and then do… something rousing at the end. But they always thought it was great to end with that. But you could hear a pin drop when I sang that song and uh…. it just seemed to really move people to hear that at the very end. Seemed to calm people down, rather than get them pumped up. They would applaud and the whole band would come back on and bow. And people just left quietly coz it just seemed to be calming.