User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
You could be right. On the other hand, they've cut that song for four shows in a row now, it doesn't seem like they would have run into curfews that many times so close together. I was sorry to have missed seeing it. It was my first time seeing them with Christine, and that is such an iconic song for her. As to her playing the rest of the show fine; maybe Brett is taking on more of the playing duties than we are aware of? Just a thought... Having known that they had been cutting the song recently, we were prepared that we might not get that one, but Silver Springs was unexpected.
Good point. I knew it was cut a few shows ago but not 4 in a row. That really stinks you didn't get to hear Songbird. Of all the songs to cut, that one should not even be a consideration, especially since it's Chris signature song and we haven't heard it for a long time. Really bad move. If they need to cut, cut a song that was in the set last year.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ha! I quoted myself. Sorry to take things off topic for a moment, but regarding Mick's solo
What I have noticed as long as I have been a FM fan is that the only audience members who enjoy Mick's solos seem to be the casual fans and maybe Chili D.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Anyone else starting to wonder if these cut songs might point to inter-band troubles? I wonder if all this incessant touring is unraveling the harmony in the firefly jar.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Anyone else starting to wonder if these cut songs might point to inter-band troubles? I wonder if all this incessant touring is unraveling the harmony in the firefly jar.
I don't. I think they really do care about their performances and their audience. Even if they were fighting, I don't think it would cause them to alter the show in any way. For what it's worth, they all seem pretty darn happy every night.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Because, you know, Lindsey couldn't just play it on guitar.
Oh. Play it on guitar with no piano? I hadn't thought of that. And they. Old just explain to the audience that Chris injured her hand. Michele
Old 03-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they are getting tired and running themselves down to the bone.They are not spring chickens anymore.

I feel sorry for you guys that attend the last part of this tour also feel sorry for FM not running at full output too.

I hope they will get enough charge "rest" in them to tour Europe later in May.

For World Turning .It could get boring at times.I've enjoyed it the last two show shows I attended.Love the digital effects and the voice looping's .

The fans that are not interesting go to the bathroom or get some refreshments.I like to know why Mick is not using his digital drum vest anymore.

I must of miss the info on Chris's hand.What happen to her hand.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh. Play it on guitar with no piano? I hadn't thought of that. And they. Old just explain to the audience that Chris injured her hand. Michele
Hope this doesn't sound too simplistic, but why not have Brett play the piano and Christine sing the song? Perhaps not the same impact as if she was able to do both, but I don't see why an injured hand should hamper just singing it. He is there to provide extra support where needed after all. I know that I for one would have preferred to hear her perform it whether she was able to do both parts or not.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I have noticed as long as I have been a FM fan is that the only audience members who enjoy Mick's solos seem to be the casual fans and maybe Chili D.
Wrong. I looooove Mick's drum solos. There has always been a Mick drum solo and there always will be a Mick drum solo.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As a dyed in the wool Christine fan, I would have been extremely upset if they had cut "Songbird" in the show I saw. But I think I would have had very mixed feelings if she had sung it with Brett playing the piano. Christine's playing is a big percentage of what I like about her, and subtracting that from her signature song would make the song much less wonderful. But, still better than leaving it out altogether, I think.

Again, we see that these musicians are sadly inflexible about the way they do things.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to speculate and say that the story of Stevie having a sore throat was not in fact the real issue. Maybe Chris has a finger issue and she's okay with a keyboard, but can't handle a normal piano until whatever issue heals. They are probably all exhausted and decided to axe silver springs while they were at it.

They may have been concerned about being criticized with having a backing musician fill in for Chris, if in fact that is what they are doing to a certain extent. Defer the attention to a sore throat and try to proceed as best as possible.

Again, total speculation.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not to beat a dead horse, it is a shame they didn't have the sense to curtail the length of this tour. They are going to tap out the market, even if they did finish the album in the next year...I think moving tickets could be a challenge. They should of left some meat on the bone for a second leg when the album is done. But that would require planning & vision, not something this band does well lol.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

they cut the Songbird for the last few shows because of Christine's hurt hand.

they cut Seven Wonders at UVA show, and both Seven Wonders and Silver Springs in Gboro because of Stevie's throat not being all the way better yet.

at UVA, she had to lower / talk-sing part of Silver Springs. they probably decided to try to save her voice so she can properly recuperate.

i expect all these songs will be back but who knows.

as far as somebody's speculation of trouble between band members, from what i heard and saw, they all seem to be in much better place now than they were couple of weeks ago.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they cut the Songbird for the last few shows because of Christine's hurt hand.

they cut Seven Wonders at UVA show, and both Seven Wonders and Silver Springs in Gboro because of Stevie's throat not being all the way better yet.

at UVA, she had to lower / talk-sing part of Silver Springs. they probably decided to try to save her voice so she can properly recuperate.

i expect all these songs will be back but who knows.

as far as somebody's speculation of trouble between band members, from what i heard and saw, they all seem to be in much better place now than they were couple of weeks ago.
I wouldn't be heartbroken if Seven Wonders didn't come back.

Old 03-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hope this doesn't sound too simplistic, but why not have Brett play the piano and Christine sing the song? Perhaps not the same impact as if she was able to do both, but I don't see why an injured hand should hamper just singing it. He is there to provide extra support where needed after all. I know that I for one would have preferred to hear her perform it whether she was able to do both parts or not.
...or do something completely different and just sing it with Lindsey's acoustic guitar accompaniment. If its good enough for Eva Cassidy...

...this band though...
Old 03-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
...or do something completely different and just sing it with Lindsey's acoustic guitar accompaniment. If its good enough for Eva Cassidy...

...this band though...
yes but then they would have to rehearse it with just Lindsey for a few weeks at least...just to get it right.