Old 02-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac - ''Sugar Daddy''
Rumours - ''Oh Daddy''
Tusk - ''Never Make Me Cry''
Mirage - ''Only Over You''
Tango In the Night - ''When I See You Again''
Behind the Mask - ''The Second Time''
Time - I have it (it's my mother's CD), but don't technically want to hear it.
Say You Will - ''Miranda''
Old 02-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac - Crystal. We already had the song recorded and although it's a different time signature I would have preferred another Stevie song instead with her lead vocal on it.

Rumours - I love I Don't Want To Know so I'd go with Oh Daddy because it's the only song I despise. Would have put Silver Springs instead. I also agree with moving Songbird to the last track and have Silver Springs go after Go Your Own Way.

Tusk - I agree with don't get me started. I'd trim this down to one album immediately.

Live albums I won't comment on.

Mirage - I regret to admit that I don't know this album as a whole too well.

Tango In The Night - None but if I had to, I would cut When I See You Again and replace it with the FM version of Juliet.

Greatest Hits - As Long As You Follow and replace it with Seven Wonders which really was a hit. I also would have released No Questions Asked as the lead single.

Very Best Of - since there was no new music, I won't cheat by cutting one.

Say You Will - any track from Lindsey except Miranda, What's The World Coming To?, and Peacekeeper and replace it with Not Make Believe.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Only thing I'd change with The Dance would be to add the 4 omitted tracks & release the entire show on CD, in the same running order as the DVD.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would leave everything they way they released them. They obviously thought at the time it was the right thing to do......70 million or so albums later I guess something was right
Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've yet to give Tusk Mirage and Say You Will( Spotify doesn't have that album ) a complete listen but:

Fleetwood Mac-Sugar Daddy
Rumours-IDWK give me Silver Springs instead
Tusk- I love the 2/3rds of the album I've heard but What Makes You Think You're The One
Mirage- Empire State
Tango- You and I, Part II. I actually like Family Man.
The Dance- (I only know the dvd version) Temporary One
Say You Will- Bleed to Love Her. I like The Dance version better.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
White album - Sugar Daddy.
What an utterly utterly appalling song. Embarrassingly woeful.

Rumours - Oh Daddy.
Easily the weakest song on the album. Also I would move Songbird to the end, or near it. The contrast between that and Go Your Own Way before it is too much, and almost kills the flow of the record halfway through.

Tusk - Nothing.
My favourite Mac album, I've listened to it so much I probably couldn't drop anything on it. Sure there are songs I'd probably skip depending on my mood on a particular day, but nevermind.

Mirage - Only Over You.
Never liked this song. The opening vocals are enough to annoy me. Also Empire State, that sounds like it should really have been on Law and Order instead of a Mac record....

Tango in the Night - Welcome to the Room...Sara
The song title alone sums up the whole song. Utterly appalling and devoid of imagination. When I See You Again is also quite poor. Family Man only survives because of the nice guitar work on it. And also because those 2 Stevie songs are far worse.

Say You Will - Silver Girl. I actually like the melody to this song. But the lyrics are just terrible. Yes, even worse than the lyrics to Family Man.

I'm not even going to attempt to comment on their live albums. There are so so much songs they could have released/performed instead of what we have, especially on the Live 1980 album. Personally I would rather a whole new Live album from that era released, instead of any more remasters.

Sugar Daddy's amazing. A great blues performance, sung and played with a lot of spirit. One of my favorite Mac songs period. Same goes for Oh Daddy. I don't know why so many people are hostile towards these songs--unless they are just predisposed to Stevie and Lindsey's material.

Let me reiterate: Sugar Daddy is awesome. Oh Daddy is amazing.

We're all entitled to our opinions and I felt it necessary to register mine here to balance things.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Sugar Daddy's amazing. A great blues performance, sung and played with a lot of spirit. One of my favorite Mac songs period. Same goes for Oh Daddy. I don't know why so many people are hostile towards these songs--unless they are just predisposed to Stevie and Lindsey's material.

Let me reiterate: Sugar Daddy is awesome. Oh Daddy is amazing.

We're all entitled to our opinions and I felt it necessary to register mine here to balance things.
lol. i know how you feel

when i see brilliant songs such as Red Rover, Murrow or Come (not to even mention What Makes You Think You're The One which i LOVE) on the list of things people want to cut i realize over and over again how wide the range of FM music is, and how disparate the musical tastes of their fans are.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and how disparate the musical tastes of their fans are.
and I see how desperate the musical tastes of their fans are.

Michele
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
People who dislike Oh Daddy and Sugar Daddy can be great fans of her other songs, just not those. I think those songs stink, but I think the world of Over My Head, SYLM, Only Over You, Think About Me, Wish You Were Here and on and on. I don't know why you'd read an SnL bias into disliking those daddy songs. It's like saying people who hate Warm Ways probably are predisposed to cashmere.

Michele
Old 02-15-2013, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
and I see how desperate the musical tastes of their fans are.

Michele
why desperate?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thinking of what Aleuzzi and Elle were saying, I would add that while you'd expect to get different sounding songs from different singers and songwriters, I think there's a lot of variety if you break the song catalogs down by individual as well. I think all of them have a wide spectrum of sounds, as opposed to someone like Chris Isaak, whom I love, but he just has too many songs that sound alike for me. I feel if I have 10 of his songs, I have everything he has ever done and can do and I don't feel that way about the Macsters.

I was thinking of Sugar Daddy and saying to myself that it would have fit perfectly on IMT next to Anything is Possible or Bad Journey . Yet, Meantime also boasts Calumny which is a complete departure from those songs, I think. And this is true of Lindsey and Stevie's repertoires as well.

We have a nice range of diversity just from each of the artists, separately.

Michele
Old 02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why desperate?
Because some of the songs that some of us love really sound HORRIBLE to others, giving rise to much wonder and head-scratching.

Michele
Old 02-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
We have a nice range of diversity just from each of the artists, separately.
yes i realized that about Lindsey when i first started looking into his music, and at first it was too wide of a range for my taste and i listened to just certain stuff but couldn't stand others on the other end of the spectrum... but i learned to appreciate it. (well, most of it. still just say no to Say Goodbye )

and i was just thinking the same about Christine's material the other day. how different her songs on Tusk are from her songs on Tango, for example.

so definitely agree, each of the 3 songwriters has a very wide (and yes, sometimes disparate lol!) range of material.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For what it's worth I love "Sugar Daddy" and simply adore "Oh Daddy", the latter is just haunting and spooky and so atmospheric to me. And the former is pure simple fun, I see it as the cousin to "Blue Letter" on that record. Those two remind me of living in California.

Christine's slower ballads tend to give me problems, not "Songbird" or "Mystified", but most of the others. "Warm Ways", "Brown Eyes", "Never Make Me Cry", "Only Over You", "Wish You Were Here". As for Lindsey I like quirkier things like "Murrow" or "Red Rover" more than middle of the road "What's the World Coming To", that song's a brand of sweet sounding straight pop that I think Christine does better. Though some of his Tusk songs give me problems ("Save Me a Place" and "Walk a Thin Line") so nobody hits a home run every time.

Of course I'm not trying to proselytize though To each their own, I just think it's fun to talk about.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
Christine's slower ballads tend to give me problems, not "Songbird" or "Mystified", but most of the others. "Warm Ways", "Brown Eyes", "Never Make Me Cry", "Only Over You", "Wish You Were Here". As for Lindsey I like quirkier things like "Murrow" or "Red Rover" more than middle of the road "What's the World Coming To", that song's a brand of sweet sounding straight pop that I think Christine does better. Though some of his Tusk songs give me problems ("Save Me a Place" and "Walk a Thin Line") so nobody hits a home run every time.

Of course I'm not trying to proselytize though To each their own, I just think it's fun to talk about.
yup. i kinda feel similar re Christine's slower songs vs her pop stuff.

re Lindsey i love a lot of what you call his quirkier stuff - love both Murrow and Rover - and cannot stand What's The World Coming To, so we agree there too. i consider Second Hand News an example of his perfect pop song, not What's The World.

i'm surprised about your view on SMAP and WATL though. many people seem to love one and hate the other. i'm in the "love WATL" but bored to tears with SMAP camp, but many of my LB-loving friends are all for SMAP whereas WATL is just growing on them after he did it in Chicago.

i feel validated by Mick loving WATL though.

and i have to say that out of 2 versions on Tusk deluxe reissue, i like the faster demo version with "please toe the line" in it much much better.