Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

People, I must terribly say, that WE'RE SO CRUEL!!!!! Hehehehe
My list:

- Fleetwood Mac: Sugar Daddy, definitely
- Rumours: I don't want to know and Oh Daddy (please!)
- Tusk: Storms, That's enough for me, Never make me cry, Honey Hi
- Live: Never going back again, Landslide, Fireflies, One more night, The Farmer's Daughter
- Mirage: NONE
- Tango In The Night: None, I suppose...
- The Dance (CD version): I change Big Love, Go Insane, Landslide and Say You Love Me for Gold Dust Woman, Gypsy, Over My Head and Songbird.
- Say You Will: None
Old 02-14-2013, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantgoback View Post
I pretty much agree except I love Warm Ways haha, i should've included The Dance and Live, and i agree with those as well. My little demon was sort've a stupid song haha.
I looove "Sugar Daddy", so much fun. I love "My Little Demon" for similar reasons too though, heheh, just goes to show funny taste is.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:27 AM
Registered

Fleetwood mac - Warm Ways
Rumours - None really. I don't really like Don't Stop but Rumours wouldn't be Rumours without that song.
Tusk - Walk a Thin Line
Live - One More Night
Mirage - Can't Go Back
Tango in the Night - When I See You Again
The Dance - My Little Demon
Say You Will - Murrow Turning Over in His Grave
Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac - Warm Ways
Rumours - Oh Daddy
Tusk - What Makes You Think You're The One
Live - None
Mirage - Oh Diane (or maybe Only Over You)
Tango - You and I
Mask - Stand On The Rock
Time - ALL of it
The Dance - My Little Demon (why did Lindsey get TWO new songs?)
Say You Will - Murrow Turning Over In His Grave
Old 02-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

White album - Sugar Daddy.
What an utterly utterly appalling song. Embarrassingly woeful.

Rumours - Oh Daddy.
Easily the weakest song on the album. Also I would move Songbird to the end, or near it. The contrast between that and Go Your Own Way before it is too much, and almost kills the flow of the record halfway through.

Tusk - Nothing.
My favourite Mac album, I've listened to it so much I probably couldn't drop anything on it. Sure there are songs I'd probably skip depending on my mood on a particular day, but nevermind.

Mirage - Only Over You.
Never liked this song. The opening vocals are enough to annoy me. Also Empire State, that sounds like it should really have been on Law and Order instead of a Mac record....

Tango in the Night - Welcome to the Room...Sara
The song title alone sums up the whole song. Utterly appalling and devoid of imagination. When I See You Again is also quite poor. Family Man only survives because of the nice guitar work on it. And also because those 2 Stevie songs are far worse.

Say You Will - Silver Girl. I actually like the melody to this song. But the lyrics are just terrible. Yes, even worse than the lyrics to Family Man.

I'm not even going to attempt to comment on their live albums. There are so so much songs they could have released/performed instead of what we have, especially on the Live 1980 album. Personally I would rather a whole new Live album from that era released, instead of any more remasters.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Warm Ways, Oh Daddy, and Only Over You are some of my all time favourite songs. To me, most of Lindsey's contributions are the disposables from the FM catalogue. He really should have stuck to singing backup and producing what the girls did.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Warm Ways, Oh Daddy, and Only Over You are some of my all time favourite songs. To me, most of Lindsey's contributions are the disposables from the FM catalogue. He really should have stuck to singing backup and producing what the girls did.
Ha ha

I am more inclined toward Christine and Stevie's material. I have tried and tried to like the bulk of Lindsey's 'Tusk' songs, for example, but I just don't get them. That said, when he is on form, I think he is incomparable: Go Your Own Way, I'm So Afraid, Caroline and Tango in the Night are, for me, pretty sublime.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Although there may be some songs on each album that I don't love, or even really like, I can live with anything but "Everywhere", "Family Man" and "Not Too Funny".

They should have given "Everywhere" to Wilson Phillips or some other bubblegummy-poppy act.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
White album - Sugar Daddy.
What an utterly utterly appalling song. Embarrassingly woeful.

Rumours - Oh Daddy.
Easily the weakest song on the album. Also I would move Songbird to the end, or near it. The contrast between that and Go Your Own Way before it is too much, and almost kills the flow of the record halfway through.

Tusk - Nothing.
My favourite Mac album, I've listened to it so much I probably couldn't drop anything on it. Sure there are songs I'd probably skip depending on my mood on a particular day, but nevermind.

Mirage - Only Over You.
Never liked this song. The opening vocals are enough to annoy me. Also Empire State, that sounds like it should really have been on Law and Order instead of a Mac record....

Tango in the Night - Welcome to the Room...Sara
The song title alone sums up the whole song. Utterly appalling and devoid of imagination. When I See You Again is also quite poor. Family Man only survives because of the nice guitar work on it. And also because those 2 Stevie songs are far worse.

Say You Will - Silver Girl. I actually like the melody to this song. But the lyrics are just terrible. Yes, even worse than the lyrics to Family Man.

I'm not even going to attempt to comment on their live albums. There are so so much songs they could have released/performed instead of what we have, especially on the Live 1980 album. Personally I would rather a whole new Live album from that era released, instead of any more remasters.
"Family Man" has lyrics?? No, it truly doesn't. That's why I can't stand it. I will give you that it has words. But it does not have lyrics.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac: "Warm Ways." It's pretty, but ZZZZZZZzzzzzz.
Rumours: None. I like some more than others, but I can't imagine this album without each of these songs. And, yes, that includes IDWTK over "Silver Springs."
Tusk: None. I love it as is.
Live: "One More Night." One of two Christine songs I hate.
Mirage: "Only Over You." The other Christine song I hate. I'd toss "Empire State" too.
Tango: I'd drop "When I See You Again" and "Welcome to the Room...Sara," and swap "You and I, Part I" for "Your and I, Part II".
The Dance: I liked all the new songs, but would have added "Gold Dust Woman" to the CD.
SYW: "Silver Girl."
Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
Although there may be some songs on each album that I don't love, or even really like, I can live with anything but "Everywhere", "Family Man" and "Not Too Funny".

They should have given "Everywhere" to Wilson Phillips or some other bubblegummy-poppy act.
I love "Everywhere".

Also, "Not Too Funny"? I don't know that one....
Old 02-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac: Sugar Daddy.
Rumours: none... but Never Going Back again if it could be replaced by Silver Springs.
Tusk: Walk A Thin Line.
Mirage: Only Over You.
Tango: Welcome To The Room... Replace with Joan of Arc.
Say You Will: Smile At You (god-awful version) or Sad Goodbye.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Only 6 albums in 38 years (ok, 8 if you count BTM and Time) and you guys are chopping songs left and right. If everyone had their way, there would be no Fleetwood Mac material left to listen to.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 02-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would eliminate the whole Tango in the Night album and nothing else.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
Time - ALL of it
Hahahahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I would eliminate the whole Tango in the Night album and nothing else.