The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Default The Dance rehearsal + interview vids...!

Never seen this stuff before!

Interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gen7CjXbFuI

You Make Loving Fun rehearsal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK37WT_B4tQ
Old 11-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Beautiful to look at all 5 of them like that.

This sounds like interview parts that didn't get on the Best Buy CD. They are a weird bunch of people. They are so uncomfortable looking.

Stevie sitting on that box is so strange. I guess it's because her top and bottom are both black that it's hard for me to see her legs. It looks like she is just a talking torso! She looks like a dwarf or something.

Michele
Old 11-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine said, "we don't smoke."

Those people sound good in rehearsal. Wonder why they never caught on.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 11-18-2010 at 12:02 AM..
Old 11-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Beautiful to look at all 5 of them like that.

This sounds like interview parts that didn't get on the Best Buy CD. They are a weird bunch of people. They are so uncomfortable looking.

Stevie sitting on that box is so strange. I guess it's because her top and bottom are both black that it's hard for me to see her legs. It looks like she is just a talking torso! She looks like a dwarf or something.

Michele
Yeah, they all seem oddly reticent. Thankfully, they have no problem communicating on stage.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah, they all seem oddly reticent. Thankfully, they have no problem communicating on stage.
It's like Mick felt self-conscious about how stiff they all were and then he jumped in and started explaining why.

The most natural part was when Chris laughed at Mick and said "shut up." That seemed warm.

Michele
Old 11-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The rehearsal was quite strong.

I really enjoyed hearing all three of their voices on the chorus of GYOW.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I really enjoyed hearing all three of their voices on the chorus of GYOW.
Yes, I missed that with YMLF. I wondered where those background vocals were coming from that accompanied Chris on the song. Couldn't tell if they were recorded or if the back up singers were actually on stage but just off screen.

Chris' voice sounded great on lead.

Linds was wearing a maternity top. Stevie was like "no" she wouldn't be performing any solo songs. I hope Lindsey didn't threaten her life or anything! Stand Back had to stand back a bit until the tour really kicked off.

Michele
Old 11-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

First two parts are pretty neat fly on the wall, b-roll footage an more interviews.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yo_8NRQ9VQ

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGBji-8-3jo

Thanks for posting these!

EDIT: Hahaha.. check out @4:17 in the second part. Sooo adorable.

Last edited by Fiver; 11-18-2010 at 02:23 AM..
Old 11-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ahaha. John McVie doesn't like Labour. My respect for him has just like, tripled.

These are really interesting to watch, thanks for posting them!

Old 11-18-2010, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's so interesting to see these clips and compare them to the Dance concert. I don't know what it was about the cameras they used for the Dance, but they made Lindsey and especially Stevie look overweight. When you look at them in these interviews, they look just fabulous. Christine almost looks too thin. It's just interesting to see how much younger they all look, too. I still remember this time period like it was yesterday. Hard to believe nearly a decade and a half has passed.

Just seeing these vids makes me miss Chris terribly . Everyone looks so much happier and more centered with her there, too. Just makes you wonder what could have been?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This is the article that accompinied these videos

In 1997, Fleetwood Mac Danced Again
By jeffreychrist

It would have been easy, even in 1997, to discount Fleetwood Mac’s Phoenix-from-the-flame resurrection. Yes, it had been, at that point, almost 7 years since their last quasi-hit album, the Top 20 Buckingham-less BEHIND THE MASK, and a full decade since their last Top 10 (1987s TANGO IN THE NIGHT). Their last #1, MIRAGE, was in 1982. But the Mac’s legend supersedes such frivolities. One should never underestimate the power of hundreds of millions of sold albums, or a Rock n Roll soap opera nonpareil. Fleetwood Mac might have been dinosaurs by the late 1990s, but they were far from extinct.

Of course, with all the turmoil that imploded the band, it was a pipe dream for any ardent Mac fan to ever hope that the classic line-up – obviously it’s most artistic, and not the mention, lucrative – would ever reform. McVie retired in her English castle, Buckingham was busy with his own career, and Nicks had her own solo career with varying degrees of success, half of which was riddled with drug addiction and recovery.

This line-up’s last public performance was at the request of the White House. Throughout his campaign for president, Bill Clinton used “Don’t Stop” as his official theme song, and President-elect Clinton requested the Mac perform it at his 1993 inauguration. But reuniting wasn’t even on their radar.

But, reunite they did, and the result was a wonderful live album called THE DANCE. The Grammy-nominated CD hit #1 and a refreshed, healthy, sober and exhilarating Fleetwood Mac embarked upon a comeback for the ages, mounting a monumentally successful tour and reigniting the world’s passion for the classic assemblage.

In the following clips, Stevie Nicks, Lindsay Buckingham, Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood are interviewed in North Hollywood, California, during their rehearsals that begot the CD and live TV concert. The interview took place on April 18 1997.

Enjoy these rare, behind the scenes interviews and performances from Fleetwood Mac!

http://mynewboyfriend.com/2010/11/18...-danced-again/
Old 11-18-2010, 09:31 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It's so interesting to see these clips and compare them to the Dance concert. I don't know what it was about the cameras they used for the Dance, but they made Lindsey and especially Stevie look overweight. When you look at them in these interviews, they look just fabulous. Christine almost looks too thin. It's just interesting to see how much younger they all look, too. I still remember this time period like it was yesterday. Hard to believe nearly a decade and a half has passed.

Just seeing these vids makes me miss Chris terribly . Everyone looks so much happier and more centered with her there, too. Just makes you wonder what could have been?
Totally agree. Although I think Lindsey still looks a little pudgy in the interviews. They look a bit stiff but that's just due to the sudden shock (as they reiterate in the interviews) of what was happening. And, Christine did look too thin. I think she actually looked better as the tour progressed and even now, er, the "ITM" interview stuff. I think it's her shorter hair too. Nonetheless, the band is not the band without her, imo.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I missed that with YMLF. I wondered where those background vocals were coming from that accompanied Chris on the song. Couldn't tell if they were recorded or if the back up singers were actually on stage but just off screen.

Chris' voice sounded great on lead.

Linds was wearing a maternity top. Stevie was like "no" she wouldn't be performing any solo songs. I hope Lindsey didn't threaten her life or anything! Stand Back had to stand back a bit until the tour really kicked off.

Michele
^^ Lindsey in a maternity top...ha ha...that made me giggle! A LOT.

Stevie looks like she's wearing a nightgown (I know I know, she always does) but this one came out of the back of the closet, the one you wear when all the laundry is dirty.

I think they are the most precious group of people I've ever seen! I miss Chris now more than ever! Somewhere in the back of my mind I have this feeling she will reunite with them...at least once during the next tour.

A girl can dream!

Kena

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 11-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Neat interview! Stevie looks so little, like only half of her is floating on that box
Old 11-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Uh yeah, these first two parts . . . I am just sitting here minding my own business. I did not watch those clips with a shippy agenda. It just kind of jumped right out and smacked me in the craw.

Lindsey is so crazy. The steakhouse circuit is a one way trip to Palookaville, which kind of reminds me of what Hejira was saying in another thread.

John said he wouldn't perform for the Labour Party.

I have to say that their were rumors about Christine's health in the last 10 years and it's hard for me not to think about things when I see her hair in these clips. But whatever was or was not . . . at least she looked great when she was promoting Meantime and it's funny to me how even her speaking voice has a musical quality. Most people when they speak talk in a monotone, but she actually TALKS at different voice levels. She's very melodic to listen to, even when all she is saying is that it's hot in the room.

I could look at these people all day long, because they have like antennae or speak on a different frequency, so they are saying things to each other, when it's not obvious. I mean even that fan thing said so much about their personalities. Lindsey's like he doesn't care if they turn it off or not, because it wouldn't do HIM any good and John and Mick are telling Christine that maybe if she hadn't said anything, no one would have noticed anyway and then Stevie's talking about the camera angle and Lindsey's all in her ear asking if she really wants to mess with it. Does she really want to check it out. He's like joking with her and deliberately bothering her at the same time -- which is the same thing he likes to do with John. But he doesn't like to smell John's hair as much as he does Stevie's!

Michele