Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's great that they were the only ones in front of you.

So, did FM have their energy up for this one? Since they've been off the road for a few weeks. I thought they might be a bit rusty and not as enthusiastic in front of a smaller crowd, but it doesn't sound like that was an issue at all!

Look forward to your pictures. Thanks for the report.

Michele
i was going to go into a long story telling the tale of what transpired from the moment i saw michele's posting a week or so ago till i actually walked into this estate in watermill, ny and saw FM but it might be boring to anyone except me, but.... .... i cannot say often enough THANK YOU Michele, for making me aware of this... they were FULL of energy and seemed to love the smaller , more intimate, venue.... i was too engrossed in the concert to do much people watching, but hizzonor bloomberg was one of the poppas in front of us who never even stood up till time to go home ( go figgure ) .... howard stern was behind us somewhere on the dance floor groping his latest, but I and the rest of the area i was in were in were totally into FM... i met some very nice people there and will try and get them to also share their experiences and pix from this event with you all ... now its time to get all my stuff in order and get ready for europe... we have tix for antwerp, rotterdam, paris and wembly !!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am so freakin' jealous. Post the pictures! I'm selling a kidney to go to something like this one of these days.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I am so freakin' jealous. Post the pictures! I'm selling a kidney to go to something like this one of these days.
hope this works..they are not mine but some that one of the people i met sent me...still working on getting mine into a format that will work here

picasaweb.google.com/slowedie/FleetwoodMacGigHamptonsAug292009#
Old 08-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
howard stern was behind us somewhere on the dance floor groping his latest, but I and the rest of the area i was in were in were totally into FM... i met some very nice people there and will try and get them to also share their experiences and pix from this event with you all ... now its time to get all my stuff in order and get ready for europe... we have tix for antwerp, rotterdam, paris and wembly !!
Thank you for the picture link.

That's interesting about Howard Stern. I went to his website and he did mention it on his show, but the website didn't give details. It just said:

Quote:
Howard noted that he recently saw Fleetwood Mac perform at a Hamptons charity event.
And then it had a link to Katie Lee Joel's twitter page that mentions it: http://twitter.com/KatieLeeJoel/status/3638949266: "Fleetwood Mac concert @ Huggy Bear Foundation was fantastic! All my faves... Gypsy, Rhiannon, Tusk, Stand Back, Landslide, etc"
Old 08-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hope this works..they are not mine but some that one of the people i met sent me...still working on getting mine into a format that will work here

Awesome pics... looks like a very well-dressed (and -heeled) crowd. And I could just imagine Stevie's horror at the thought of performing on astroturf.

But the real question is, who's gramps sitting in on the keys?? And WTF is he doing at the front of the stage? I'll bet the show sounded drastically different without Brett's bank of keys.

And of course the question on everyone's mind is whether Mama had the Frankenboks on all night, or if the boots came out at all.

Last edited by HejiraNYC; 08-31-2009 at 08:44 PM..
Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thank you for the picture link.

pix # 35 0f 68.... hizzoner in lower right hand corner w pink sweater over his shoulders

That's interesting about Howard Stern. I went to his website and he did mention it on his show, but the website didn't give details. It just said:

And then it had a link to Katie Lee Joel's twitter page that mentions it: http://twitter.com/KatieLeeJoel/status/3638949266: "Fleetwood Mac concert @ Huggy Bear Foundation was fantastic! All my faves... Gypsy, Rhiannon, Tusk, Stand Back, Landslide, etc"
that's nice to hear, at least i was still able to pick out how weird.... would have liked to see katie lee too - maybe she could give me some cooking advice ! LOL !!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay - if you look very closely, you can kind of see me in one of those pics.

The concert was amazing. It's a long story. My seat was incredible as was the whole night. La Nicks looked IMO fierce and sang with a vengeance - sort of like the second MSG concert this year. They were all very good actually.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 08-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for posting the pics... They all look great!

So since it was a full setlist, did they include their rehearsed speeches for each song as well.

I was wondering about the boots too... But it looks like the crowd was treated to the runners with the shin guards.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The pictures are very nice. I love the ceiling/tent--puffy cloud look. Makes me want to jump up and down on/in it.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Rhiannon5354
This message has been deleted by Rhiannon5354.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that's totally awesome that those of you who could attend share your experience! I would've loved to have been at an intimate event like that. What a unique experience!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Thanks for posting the pics... They all look great!

So since it was a full setlist, did they include their rehearsed speeches for each song as well.

I was wondering about the boots too... But it looks like the crowd was treated to the runners with the shin guards.

You mean the tele-prompted speeches? Thats what they are. Kinda like the ones at the Manchester show that read "Go To Tent" on Stevie's monitor Makes me giggle.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

& did anyone see any of the "real housewives"?~

i think it's awesome people got to see fm in an intimate setting like this~ congrats to all of you who were able to attend!!!~ i am happy for you guys~
Old 09-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What the hell Stevie? She performed at the Hamptons and wore the sneakers? She couldn't let them rest just this once? Haha. I love Stevie so much. I think she is getting to the point in her life where she like, whatev; I do what the hell I want regardless because I am fabulous and people are still going to spend loads on money to see me. Well, maybe she has always had the attitude, idk.

But yeah--did they boots come out at all?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Awesome pics... looks like a very well-dressed (and -heeled) crowd. And I could just imagine Stevie's horror at the thought of performing on astroturf.

But the real question is, who's gramps sitting in on the keys?? And WTF is he doing at the front of the stage? I'll bet the show sounded drastically different without Brett's bank of keys.

And of course the question on everyone's mind is whether Mama had the Frankenboks on all night, or if the boots came out at all.
gramps is ted forstmann, the one behind the whole event, he was asked in to play GYOW ... Stevie also dedicated Landslide to teddy !

Last edited by wayner; 09-01-2009 at 02:10 PM..
Old 09-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
howard stern was behind us somewhere on the dance floor groping his latest.
Hopefully that was his wife or boy do you have a story for the tabloids.