The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart We are Hooked on Lindsey Videos!!!

Lindsey won over our hearts with his charm and his very
clever videos...Slow Dancing...Go Insane...Countdown!!!

His tunes...Iam so Afraid & Big Love are Guitar Masterpieces!!!

Christine's new twist on... Say You Love Me... bringing her John
front and center during The Dance Concerts...was just Brilliant!

Stevie's video for Gypsy was a wonderful bandmate show-case!

Our first F Mac "wake-up call" was the HBO Mirage Video!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was January of 1999....moving into college and my roomate was an FM addict. So I was hooked to FM first.....then became partial to Stevie and saw her for the first time in September of '99 at the Sheryl Crow and Friends Concert in Central Park. My first real Stevie concert was December of '99 at the Millenium NYE Show in Las Vegas (yes, that is correct, I was not yet 21....hehehe....beat the system).

Kristin

Oh and it jsut so happens that I LOVED Little Lies when I was about 7 and it played on the radio all the time...but I had no idea who it was!
Old 04-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well i'm not gonna lie, it was Lindsey for me. I heard GYOW on the radio when i was about 4. My mom realized how much i loved this band, got the Greatest Hits Cassette and it turned into our car jam. I distinctly remember listening to YMLF on repeat FOREVER. But solo, i prefer Stevie. The vocals, mystique, persona, and personality.

PS sorry to post on such an old thread!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 04-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac. Ah, that fateful day I swapped in my duplicate copy at JB Hi-Fi for TVBOFM. I heard "Seven Wonders" and some other song of theirs on the radio, and asked mum and David if they'd be worth getting. Then I listened to them during the long drive to Halls Gap for our holiday. After the initial shock and dislike of "Monday Morning", I thoroughly everything else on the two CDs... the rest, as is often said, is history... that was just after Christmas 2007.
I bought Stevie's Timespace (which I still don't like much - very poorly compiled imo) sometime in 2008. At the time I didn't even realise she was a singer for FM, and it was still many weeks later before I realised! (Btw I now have The Wild Heart, which I adore! No other studio albums of hers have been stocked yet though... )
I was inspired to buy Lindsey's Law & Order after hearing "Trouble" on the radio (I couldn't find any compilations). I was very surprised to learn he created solo material, as that's the only song of his I'd ever heard on the radio (it's still the only single of his I've heard on the radio... ).
And I bought Christine's 1984 album sometime last year.
Doesn't everyone love my insightful tangents?
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 04-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We got Say You Will while vacationing in Destin. Stevie I guess was the one who REALLY hooked me.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was Lindsey. In 97 at the age of 12. Was flipping through some channels. caught The Dance on tv.....Lindsey was doing I'm So Afraid........BA-BAM I'm caught like a deer in the head lights. Not only was this man INSANELY attractive...he was playing guitar like I had never seen at that point in my young life. That was it for me. Stevie who....lol..Just kidding.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 04-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm happy to say that Fleetwood Mac hooked me first. As a little kid, I just loved the harmonies of the three voices. It was so unique, unlike anything I had ever heard before. I took the entire group into account more than the individual band members, at first at least.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Completely Lindsey!! It was 1984. I was 9 and a half and in South Carolina. My parents wanted to move either there or Florida, Florida didn't work out, so we were staying with my uncle in Myrtle Beach, SC. My mom found a job, but my dad didn't, so he spent the summer helping my uncle paint his house. During the day, my siblings and I were stuck inside, thankfully, my uncle had MTV (which we didn't have at home). I liked a lot of other music (Prince, Madonna) and found some more to like that summer (The Cars, Bananarama) but one day I saw the best video I had ever seen, Lindsey Buckingham: Go Insane. I just knew, even from the first time seeing it, that this would be whose music I liked for the rest of my life.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine My first favourite FM song was Say You Love Me and that was followed by even more FM fandom and then Christine's then Stevie's solo stuff. I'm not a big fan of Liddy's solo stuff.

P.S. Why wasn't Chris an option in the first post? She's got solo albums too y'know... People seem to forget, I think

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr

Last edited by ButterCookie; 04-18-2010 at 10:27 AM..
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
I'm happy to say that Fleetwood Mac hooked me first. As a little kid, I just loved the harmonies of the three voices. It was so unique, unlike anything I had ever heard before. I took the entire group into account more than the individual band members, at first at least.
It's part of why I'd consider FM the best band, imo. But I adore their solo work! (Although it's mostly LB's that I've collected thus far.)
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember hearing Christine's songs from TITN on the radio when I was little, so those were the first that I heard With regards to conscious fandom though, it was Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman that got me hooked.
However, my mum did tell me the other day when we were listening to Rumours that she used to play that and Buckingham Nicks all the time when she was pregnant with me.. Maybe that's why I love them so much
Old 04-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seteca View Post
EXACTLY the same for me.....! I'd heard The Chain for several years before then during the beginning of the Formula One show (without knowing who FM were)...but in 1987 Big Love (and then immediately the TITN album) was what got me into Fleetwood Mac.

Say, what ever happened to Seteca?
Remember that band of his? Bud Weiser Gate or something?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the MAC, with Gypsy. Then I discovered Bella Donna, and all the saga started. But I'm basically a mac fan, more than a Stevie fan.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

For me it was Fleetwood Mac. I spent some weeks just listening to Rumours before I started to search for any information about this band. Now I'm a fan of all of their solo work but still nothing compares to this Fleetwood-McVie-McVie rhythm section (and the sound of Stevie, Chris and Lindsey's voices).
Old 04-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My older cousin moved in with us, when she was in high school(she constantly fought with her stepdad, so they had to separate). Anyway, here came her collection of awesome 70s music. I was in 8th grade, I think, and FELL IN LOVE with Rumours. I'd taken two guitar lessons in 5th grade, and didn't understand a word they'd said to me, and put my guitar away. Well, I did remember how to tune it, when my Rumours love started. I learned how to play the solo on IDWTK, note for note, JEFF HEALEY style(on my lap, with guitar facing up!). I went out and bought a Rumours chord book, and quickly realized that the Jeff Healey style had to go! I learned guitar, and soon keyboards, FROM Rumours. I've played guitar and keyboards in a band, my entire adult life, and I make all of my income, either playing in my band, or doing sound for bands, and have since graduating college.

You know, I OFTEN ponder - what would my life be like, had my cousin not moved in, with her copy of Rumours? Seriously, think about it(before you go!). Music is my entire life, and livelihood, and I OWE IT ALL, to my love affair with Rumours! It truly boggles my mind to wonder where I might be, had I not discovered it!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 04-18-2010 at 07:03 PM..