The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who is your favorite female member of Fleetwood Mac?
Stevie Nicks 39 58.21%
Christine McVie 22 32.84%
Bekka Bramlett 3 4.48%
I can't decide/I have no preference 1 1.49%
Can I vote for Lindsey? He has a girls' name and sounds like one too 0 0%
Screw the ladies of the Mac, I wanna vote for a different rocker chick 2 2.99%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I'm not being argumentative in this reply AT ALL. I don't want you to think I'm trying to fight with you, because I respect your opinion.

To me, all of Stevie's songs sound the same. Writing that doesn't always make sense and sometimes sounds pretty half-assed. Her voice grates on me as much as Bekka's. That's the reason I'm not a Bekka fan, because I don't enjoy her voice and that's the sole reason. I don't doubt her as a person. Stevie, however, talks in circles and just outright annoys me. But that's my opinion. I feel like when I've heard one Stevie song, I've heard them all and that her voice gets pretty monotonous but again, it's just personal prefrence. Christine didn't fill the stage because she didn't want to and I relate to that completely and wholeheartedly. I feel like I do know what to expect from a Stevie performance: Scratchy vocals, chiffon, twirling and venomous looks at Lindsey. I find it more enchanting to watch John on stage.
, seriously ? Even now ? I was right in front of John when i saw them live in Paris, he didn't move. All of my photos were kind of blurred, except for John's ! I did watch his fingers, and was indeed impressed by his talent, but enchanting, really?
I get why Stevie annoys a lot of people, and if i didn't love her that much, she would annoy me too.
Anyway, welcome to the Ledge crescentmoon, this was brave for a first post!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
, seriously ? Even now ? I was right in front of John when i saw them live in Paris, he didn't move. All of my photos were kind of blurred, except for John's ! I did watch his fingers, and was indeed impressed by his talent, but enchanting, really?
I get why Stevie annoys a lot of people, and if i didn't love her that much, she would annoy me too.
Anyway, welcome to the Ledge crescentmoon, this was brave for a first post!
Yeah but Geogie was saying how she relates to how Christine didn't demand so much attention on stage, that's why she finds John so enchanting. I personally think he's pretty, I wouldn't say enchanting to me, but he's definitely interesting to watch in my opinion. He's so very humble but I still think he knows he's the best bass player out there
Old 12-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, if you love her, use some of Christine's song lyrics to make your point too. I thought you were going to know how the sun feels every time it shines and instead all you found was comfort, character and maturity.

Michele
You're being mean to me & I'm gonna wreak my vengeance, saith I. You know full well that pop song lyrics don't mean anything to me & I never pay them any heed.

Every time I hear a pop song lyric, it falls far short of the second paragraph of "Bleak House" or of Mitchell's "Hunger in America" essay as a verbal artifact of structure, scope, & vision+voice. The silly response to the "poetry" of Fleetwood Mac lyrics is Wimsatt's affective fallacy in action. Bah, humbug, I say to that.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Every time I hear a pop song lyric, it falls far short of the second paragraph of "Bleak House" or of Mitchell's "Hunger in America" essay as a verbal artifact of structure, scope, & vision+voice. The silly response to the "poetry" of Fleetwood Mac lyrics is Wimsatt's affective fallacy in action. Bah, humbug, I say to that.
But did you notice that Mrs. Bagnet said to Lady Dedlock: "You go your own way."

Well, you did say that made you stronger and fearlessness is fearlessness, so I got the impression that you are secretly very into Stevie's lyrics and that's why you luv her.

Michele
Old 12-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
At first, I loved Stevie the most. Fearlessness is fearlessness. But over the long haul, Christine's subtleties exerted their charms on me, & that got stronger & stronger. That made me stronger. So at some point, Christine became my favorite lady in the Mac, & I found comfort, character, & maturity in her sound & style.
Stop being my twin!
Me too, David. Stevie is what pulled me into FM, but as time passed, Christine took over the role that kept me attached to FM. For me, there is no FM without Christine.
(please don't argue with me, Chiffonheads....I'm only stating how "I" feel)
Old 12-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Stop being my twin!
Me too, David. Stevie is what pulled me into FM, but as time passed, Christine took over the role that kept me attached to FM. For me, there is no FM without Christine.(please don't argue with me, Chiffonheads....I'm only stating how "I" feel)
I agree. I find myself not that interested in FM without Christine. I've barely listened to Say You Will. Plus I'm not a big Lindsey fan.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I third that. They were wounded when they lost Christine. Say you will just does not cut it. I rarely spin it either. Truth be told. I'm not interest in a new Mac album.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 12-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
I third that. They were wounded when they lost Christine. Say you will just does not cut it. I rarely spin it either. Truth be told. I'm not interest in a new Mac album.

Mick
Chris was what balanced it all out. She was the middle ground. The foundation.

I too, have zero interest in a new album. I mean, I'd buy it, just because FM has been the soundtrack to my life. But just like SYW, I'd give it a couple months of listening, then put it away.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post

Mick
they were definitely wounded overall. but i think half of say you will is great. i do listen to it more than many other albums... and just skip majority of Stevis's songs. so, i do want new mac album, although i want Lindsey's more.

guess this post went off-topic of mac ladies all together... so, i love seeing interactions between Christine and Lindsey and i think they've done some great collaborations in the past. wish they'd do it again some time.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Chris was what balanced it all out. She was the middle ground. The foundation.
yes. that's why syw sounds unbalanced, no Christine. but tusk was also unbalanced, even with Christine...
Old 12-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. that's why syw sounds unbalanced, no Christine. but tusk was also unbalanced, even with Christine...
That's because, AT THE TIME, Lindsey was pretty unhinged.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
That's because, AT THE TIME, Lindsey was pretty unhinged.
That's why Law and Order is my favorite Lindsey album.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ok, i made my mind up! Stevie And Christine all da way!!!

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood View Post
ok, i made my mind up! Stevie And Christine all da way!!!
That would be great if the poll was multiple choice Still doesn't solve your problem right now though, hehe.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ugghh lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
That would be great if the poll was multiple choice Still doesn't solve your problem right now though, hehe.

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood