User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, Viacom (MTV), ClearChannel, Warner Bros., Ticketmaster, et.al. all had a lot invested in making that album a hit.

The Clinton thing hurt their image more than helped, IMO, and "The Dance" helped restore their image.
Hey, remember that they have signed that new, groundbreaking deal with Clear Channel. I don't understand really what it's for, but maybe it has to do with new material.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Since this thread is supposed to be about Christine... what do we think SHE would want to do with Fleetwood Mac first? Tour? Record a Mac album? Or would she just be glad to be back in the saddle and not care?
I suspect it's the last one. That being said, if I were her, I'd want to do a short tour with them again first to get back into the groove of being in the band, which would make for a stronger album. On that note, I'd hope they'd go right into the studio following the tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I suspect it's the last one. That being said, if I were her, I'd want to tour with them again first to get back into the groove of being in the band, which would make for a stronger album. On that note, I'd hope they'd go right into the studio.
Lindsey said being on the road was 10 times crazier than being in the studio. Touring might get her back in the groove of everyone fighting again.

Michele
Old 11-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
With regard to Stevie's perceived ego, I never considered it to be out of control in the past, but these days it seems to be off the Richter scale. This realisation has been difficult for me to accept because previously, I idolised the woman. I still retain a profound regard for her body of work up until 1990 and various output since, but the sense of self-importance that has become so evident during interviews in recent years has left me cold. I'm not sure if this inflation of ego has been in response to what she considers the mistreatment and disrespect afforded to her in the past by band members, producers and critics, but whatever it might be, she is no longer a person I would care to know.
Seriously you don't like Stevie's take charge attitude of the past couple of years...Because she's definitely on a roll...
Old 11-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Lindsey said being on the road was 10 times crazier than being in the studio. Touring might get her back in the groove of everyone fighting again.
That's always the risk with them. I suspect they'd all be on their best behavior. I could be wrong, but I thought she was part of the band's entourage in Europe. I wonder how that went.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Please don't misunderstand me, I am impressed with Stevie's prolific output of late and what appears to be a renewed vigour regarding creativity, but I don't care for her persona. I believe she would have forgone this year's Mac tour and commenced another solo album with Dave if she'd followed her heart, but she seemingly bowed to the pressures of the band. However, I simply don't like the person she has become, as evidenced in the press and particularly what was on display during the In Your Dreams documentary. Horses for courses I guess...
Old 11-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Please don't misunderstand me, I am impressed with Stevie's prolific output of late and what appears to be a renewed vigour regarding creativity, but I don't care for her persona. I believe she would have forgone this year's Mac tour and commenced another solo album with Dave if she'd followed her heart, but she seemingly bowed to the pressures of the band. However, I simply don't like the person she has become, as evidenced in the press and particularly what was on display during the In Your Dreams documentary. Horses for courses I guess...
I think you might be right about Stevie's reluctance to tour with FM but I think a lot of people already had things rolling so she had to say yes...Besides FM toured before John became ill so all is good...
Old 11-24-2013, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Can we PLEASE let this one thread, just this ONE thread, not be about Stevie Nicks? This is about Christine McVie returning to Fleetwood Mac after nearly 17 years of absence. This is HUGE. We never thought it would happen. And it looks like it just might now. Can we keep it to that? Christine's return deserves better respect than this thread is giving her.

We should be talking about where Chris goes from here. Where would the band record a new album? LA? England Hawaii? Does this mean Chris might return to the US in some capacity? Would the band record an album or tour with her first? Was there a watershed event that could have happened in Chris life to precipitate her wanting to rejoin the band? What do we think Chris would have to say about an outside producer for a new album? Would she write songs from scratch for a new album, or would she simply modify the ones she's been recording for her solo album we've heard about? There are so, so many questions I have... and none of them have anything to do with Stevie freaking Nicks.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can we PLEASE let this one thread, just this ONE thread, not be about Stevie Nicks? This is about Christine McVie returning to Fleetwood Mac after nearly 17 years of absence. This is HUGE. We never thought it would happen. And it looks like it just might now. Can we keep it to that? Christine's return deserves better respect than this thread is giving her.

We should be talking about where Chris goes from here. Where would the band record a new album? LA? England Hawaii? Does this mean Chris might return to the US in some capacity? Would the band record an album or tour with her first? Was there a watershed event that could have happened in Chris life to precipitate her wanting to rejoin the band? What do we think Chris would have to say about an outside producer for a new album? Would she write songs from scratch for a new album, or would she simply modify the ones she's been recording for her solo album we've heard about? There are so, so many questions I have... and none of them have anything to do with Stevie freaking Nicks.
Hell, I want to talk about songs that could be added to the set-list, but I know that's way too early.

(BTW, I'd love for just Mick, John, and Christine to play the "O.K. Ken?" version of "Get Like You Used To Be" after the Stevie-Lindsey acoustic set to celebrate their histories with the British blues scene.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-24-2013, 01:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

I would hope for a new album with Christine coming back to The Mac. Then a tour. New material with Christine I believe, would be phenomenal. Yes, NEW MAC SONGS PLEASE!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine didn't point Lindsey out in a recent interview. The interviewer asked her about him and she answered.

And while she said they weren't friends socially when he left in 1987, she also said she wanted to work with him again and said that she hoped they would. She didn't say that had no relationship, not since she left the group in 1998. I do recall that in about 2003 when asked if he'd been in touch with the band over the holidays Lindsey said something like he hadn't talked to Christine much since she left and had no real relationship with John outside of the band. And Christine also said she hadn't been in touch with Lindsey although she emailed and talked with the others at various times, John and Mick sometimes, Mick and Stevie at others. But there have also been years when she said she and Stevie hadn't been in touch and she and John hadn't been in touch.

As for Stevie's grandmother sweater, she says he asked her if she had to dress so flashy or something. She didn't say he told her to wear a granny sweater or otherwise selected her clothes and about 35 years ago she said that he didn't like the way she dressed because he didn't like all the men looking at her, but Stevie saying that Lindsey objected to an outfit is a far cry from proof that Lindsey is such a control freak that he wants to dictate what she wears on stage anymore than it is evidence that he has forbidden her from removing her mic from its stand. I say things to my friends and relatives all the time about their hair, clothes, what tv shows they should watch and movies they should see or shouldn't. I even told my mother she should have consulted with me about her cataract surgery just the other day. I am constantly telling them what they shouldn't do and what possessions of theirs I don't like, but they don't listen to me and I'm not dictating to them. I am stating an opinion to people I know will listen if they feel like or not, if they think I'm being an idiot.

Michele

As I already said, I think Christine is already onboard for a project with FM, probably an album, without any other member of the band having issues with her rejoining. What I find ridiculous is how this thread turned into a debate over Stevie not wanting Christine back in the band based on speculations of who gets how much money from touring. Does anybody believe Stevie to be such a crazy hypocrite not to want Chris back in the band, but repeating to the public over and over for fifteen years she does? What I said in my previous post might have come out a bit wrong since I cant quote the things they say in interviews word to word, but its clear from various occasions that Lindsey and Chris are not that close as friends. And even if he didn't single handedly picked Stevies granny sweater for the SYW tour, he had a great influence on her toning it down. Stevie rarely badmouths anybody, even when the person deserves it, so there must be a good reason why she was so pissed off at him after the tour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he against Christine performing more then one song during the London shows? All of us would be ecstatic if she was allowed just a couple more songs, and closed the two shows with Songbird? What should be more important to them, a lousy review in a paper focusing on Christines performance, or thrilling thousands of fans with a rare treat, who by the way pay for their extravagant lifestyles and give them so much love? Don't get me wrong. I ADORE Lindsey as a guitarist, love him as a producer and a singer (I realized he was that good when I saw them live, because the full color of his voice doesn't transfer to tape completely), and most of the time not as much as a songwriter. I would be an ungrateful idiot not to appreciate the unmeasurable amount of joy they all as a group have brought to my life since I was a teen through their art, and I repeat: I am sure they would all be glad to have Chris back, and its probably going to happen, but if there was an unspecified band member who didn't want her back for whatever reason, based on their attitude it would be Lindsey. Unlike him, there is not a single thing, no matter how small, that indicates it could be Stevie or Mick, and I don't think that John cares that much, as long as he gets to play. I consider myself to be realistic towards musicians I love. I would never praise a ****ty peace of music they have done as a masterpiece (and even the best of them have their moments), nor would I justify if they acted as jerks. What I find unnecessary is perpetuating fictional malicious stories about artists we all love, for whatever personal reason people have.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think Chris would have to come to the US. If she's going to be a full time member of the band again fleetwood mac would most definitely tour the US again and if John had not been diagnosed with cancer I think there was a very good chance the band would have continued the tour in 2014 because Stevie and Lindsey were getting along so well. I also think they would record in L.A. like they normally do. I can't see Lindsey up rooting his kids and moving them to London for several months to record a CD nor do I see him leaving his kids back in L.A. so he can go to London to record a new CD. It seems that Chris has been thinking about rejoining for awhile so I would suspect that any new song she's written was done so with the band in mind and that it can be converted from a solo into a song for the band in case she does rejoin them
Old 11-24-2013, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
What I said in my previous post might have come out a bit wrong since I cant quote the things they say in interviews word to word, but its clear from various occasions that Lindsey and Chris are not that close as friends.
Until these last few months, Stevie had not been in touch with Christine either. They are not close friends. Since 1987 right after he left the band, Christine has never suggested that she has anything against Lindsey. And once the frustration over his leaving was over, she began talking about how much she missed him and wished they could work together again. She said she got goose bumps hearing his voice with hers and Stevie's again. They reunited in 1997 and since then she hasn't said anything negative or distancing about Lindsey. I get the feeling they argued in 2003 when SYW was being produced. That's why I think she made some cracks about guitar solos when she was promoting Meantime that were directed at him and she also said that Tusk was a weird album and I think that was kind of targeted at him but until Stevie and Christine recently got together, there was nothing to suggest that, from Christine's perspective, she was any closer to Stevie than Lindsey or any more estranged from Lindsey than Stevie.

Now, HIS comments might suggest otherwise, but Christine has never said anything of the sort, except right after he quit the band in 1987, not since then.

Quote:
And even if he didn't single handedly picked Stevies granny sweater for the SYW tour, he had a great influence on her toning it down.
And you think this why? Because Stevie said it? Not everyone believes everything that Stevie says. Stevie wore her SYW clothes offstage (including the time she introduced Tom Petty) when neither FM or Lindsey was around. I have to assume she wore the granny sweater because SHE liked it. Maybe she did tone it down because Lindsey commented on it. But I don't assume she did because SHE says it and someone commenting on your attire does not make them a control freak who wants to dress you.

Stevie just said that she thought Prince wanted a romance with her. She has said it before, but she said it again recently and all of the news wires carried the story. But Stevie's opinion about Prince's feelings for her don't make them true.

Your comment that she never badmouths anyone unless they deserve it presumes that Lindsey deserved it all of the 1000s of times she badmouthed him and I just don't buy that. There are two sides to every story. You have every right to choose to believe Stevie's but not everyone has to.

Quote:
I consider myself to be realistic towards musicians I love.
Everyone considers themselves to be realistic. You don't have a commodity on that.

Michele
Old 11-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Bravo!!! The whole FM section is starting to look like a bunch of teenage girls fighting over which member of their favorite boy band is the best. Our beautiful girl is back. I remember buying ITM as soon as it was realised, and playing it to death. The production was lame, but her ability to craft a perfect pop-rock song is unbeatable. It had the sound component that Fleetood Mac lacks since she left. I pee of happiness a little every time I remember what greatnes might come out when those five combine again. Fleetwood Mac are one of the rare bands in wich all band members compliment each other musicaly to such a high degree.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Was there a watershed event that could have happened in Chris life to precipitate her wanting to rejoin the band?
We don't know and we'll never know. For my part, I guess just based on unsubstantiated rumors, I have always thought that Christine survived a health risk and that is what made her need to get away and find a new life, with the family she felt she'd neglected while being a rock star. That plus the divorce from Eddy.

So, I don't know why it took her 15 years rather than 5 to change her mind, but maybe she had something going on in her life that isn't going on any more and that's when she got lonely.

Michele