User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
I actually thought the same thing. Lindsey was apparently very uninhibited at this point. I actually thought that he had definately tipped the bottle in Sydney, ESPECIALLY at the 17th show. Listen to his comments. It's a bit out of character for him. So, it makes sense that something happened in New Zealand that culminated in pissing the band off. Maybe it wasn't such a grand spectacle that's described in Mick's book, but it doesn't seem that far from the truth.
Thanks for backing me up Joe!! I kind of got the feeling that it was dumb of me to even think such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
I was blown away when I first heard that wild Landlslide "interlude." Yeah, I'm sure FM at that point could play the songs in their sleep. I love the spontaneity and that's all I really looked at it as. However, I do think it was a combination of being a bit tired, drunk, and crazed from the whole thing. At the same time, that song can be so easy to play and so structured that it doesn't seem that farfetched to digress a bit. I just wonder what stevie was thinking then. Can you just see her standing there clueless with the spotlight on her while waiting for Lindsey to come back to earth? Most likely, she probably covered nicely.

There's another "Landslide" where Lindsey changes his part and I thought it sounded really beautiful. It's towards the end. It's on one of the Rumours soundboards. I'm thinking Little Rock.
Yeah, I definitely agree. I think Lindsey was totally out of it. I will have to listen to that Little Rock Landslide show again. Also, I think that Sara from the Sydney 3/17 show is probably the most beautiful live version I have ever heard. It's really great.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 05-08-2005, 09:37 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliP
Also, I think that Sara from the Sydney 3/17 show is probably the most beautiful live version I have ever heard. It's really great.
I really liked that version too. Ok, I need to dig that tape out soon!