Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:40 AM

Default Columbia show

Stevie Nicks a can't-miss fall concert

By all accounts, Stevie Nicks is a can’t-miss concert this fall. The singer’s 24 Karat Gold Tour is her first solo outing since Fleetwood Mac finished a worldwide reunion tour last November.

Reviews so far have been overwhelmingly positive, citing Nicks as radiant as ever and bedecked in her signature flowing black dresses.

Front row tickets for Nicks’ Saturday, Nov. 12 concert at Colonial Life Arena – her only stop in South Carolina – are going for over $600.

Nicks will be in Columbia with the recently reunited ’80s punk-rock group The Pretenders.

Her show includes hits from her Buckingham-Nicks and Fleetwood Mac days as well as her eight solo albums. Audiences can expect to hear several rarely performed tracks from a career spanning almost 50 years, including live performances of songs from her most recent solo album, “24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault.”

I can never write those songs again. Those were songs I am very proud of,” Nicks told The Miami Herald in a recent interview. “The reasons were I didn’t like the production or I didn’t like the way they were recorded. I considered those to be my best songs so what I am going to do is go out with those songs and songs off ‘In Your Dreams’ (her 2011 solo album) I didn’t do live, and it will be really fun.

IF YOU GO
Stevie Nicks with The Pretenders

WHEN: 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12

WHERE: Colonial Life Arena, 801 Lincoln St.

COST: Tickets start at $39

INFO: www.coloniallifearena.com

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/entertainmen...#storylink=cpy
Old 11-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm so excited! This will be my second show of the tour and we have 8th row.
Is anyone else from the ledge going?
Old 11-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
I'm so excited! This will be my second show of the tour and we have 8th row.
Is anyone else from the ledge going?
Yes! Very excited. Charlotte and Columbia were about the same distance for us, but Columbia would let you select your exact seats so we opted for the Palmetto state. I wish all venues would switch to the map-based seating selections.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Yes! Very excited. Charlotte and Columbia were about the same distance for us, but Columbia would let you select your exact seats so we opted for the Palmetto state. I wish all venues would switch to the map-based seating selections.
I agree! I was able to pick my seats as well, but because I needed three and there were four available, I couldn't add them to my cart. I ended up calling and all is good, but it was a little dicey there for a few minutes.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
I agree! I was able to pick my seats as well, but because I needed three and there were four available, I couldn't add them to my cart. I ended up calling and all is good, but it was a little dicey there for a few minutes.
Next time Stevie tours, we'll get that fouth one.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Next time Stevie tours, we'll get that fouth one.
Oh yes we will!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'll definitely be going.

I go to the University of South Carolina, so the arena is a fifteen minute walk from where I live, talk about good luck. I've invited a few non-Stevie fans to come with me.

Never seen Stevie or Mac live before, so this should be a blast! Really excited about some of the more obscure songs she's pulling out, and hoping against hope she fills the void she left by cutting Annabel Lee from the set.

It ain't gonna happen, but I'll be hoping for Blue Lamp or Long Way to Go
Old 11-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ill be there! I didnt think id make it but I couldnt not go.
And I have an extra ticket if anyone is looking.
8th row Center Section.
PM me interested.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

We're coming down from Richmond, VA. Planning to go to the Flying Saucer before the show. I don't think our tickets are particularly impressive. The are the $150 seats.
There is always magic to be summoned at any point. I love to live in a world of magic, but not a fake world of magic. We all really basically have a lot of magic....it's only those of us that choose to accept it, that really understand it. It's there for everyone. That's the only thing that I feel that I am able to give to people and that's why I know that they respond to me because I try to give them only their own magic...not mine, but theirs.
~Stevie Nicks, Jim Ladd Innerview, 1979
Old 11-17-2016, 05:31 PM

Stevie Nicks, Pretenders Lived Up to Their Legacies at Colonial Life Arena

Over the screams of hundreds of middle-aged women, many in black shawls, a familiar voice told the crowd, “This is not the same Stevie Nicks set you’ve seen a hundred times.” And it wasn’t. After performing Fleetwood Mac’s greatest hits for 40 years, it was clear Stevie Nicks wanted us to know she’s also a solo artist, and has been for a while.

While Saturday night’s show spotlighted her September 2014 release 24 Karat Gold, she still touched on a few classics — Nicks’ renditions of “Gold Dust Woman” and “Dreams” sounded as timeless as ever. But for someone with a career as monumental as hers, sheer star power can often overpower the fact that some of the songs are unfamiliar.

It’s a brave new world when you get to be my age — you get to do whatever you want,” she told the crowd.

24 Karat Gold is Nicks’ Songs From the Vault, so the majority of her set comprised older, lesser known songs and solo tracks she wrote years ago. She was a personable performer — throughout the show she told stories about her career and the background behind many of her songs; she even brought out one of the original shawls she wore in photos for her 1981 solo debut, Bella Donna.

Nicks took breaks between songs to talk about musical peers that influenced her, specifically Tom Petty and Prince, which later led to a Prince tribute during “Edge of Seventeen” — “I’m so sad that he’s not here with us,” she said, “but he is here with us.

Although the Pretenders were technically Nicks’ opener, they still put on an impressive show. Frontwoman Chrissie Hynde came out with a jam-packed set, featuring plenty of songs off the band’s new album, Alone, released in October, as well as some familiar favorites.

We’re going to play a song off our new album, you probably haven’t heard it,” Hynde joked at one point.

Alone still feels like the Pretenders, containing a modern update to their New Wave roots. The catchiness of the album translated seamlessly to the stage, as the band displayed the same infectious energy they always have — especially Hynde, whose intensity hasn’t waned.

Unlike many opening acts, the Pretenders held the crowd’s attention and enthusiasm just as well as Nicks. After only being on the stage for two songs, Nicks brought Hynde back to duet on the crowd favorite “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around,” sung on record with help from Tom Petty.

Both Stevie Nicks and the Pretenders delivered performances that were a tribute to long, successful careers, which was exactly what the crowd wanted. After years of touring, not every rock legend retains a fire for playing live. But Hynde and Nicks left no doubt that they still have it.

http://www.free-times.com/music/musi...940eb4204.html