The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,841
Default

There has been one post from the new owner so far:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...1&postcount=10

That doesn't give you a full introduction, but at least you have a name and a way to contact him.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-29-2017, 05:53 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Thanks. So who is the new owner? Do we know? I actually wanted to buy this site when Marty was selling and my Fleetwood Mac hating girlfriend wouldn't hear of it. Then I married her, had kids, and couldn't afford it now anyway
This has to be funniest story I have heard here!

Do your now wife still hate FM?

I very much doubt I will support again this site next year. I honestly don't see the point.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..."- Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-30-2017, 08:00 AM
chriskisn's Avatar
chriskisn chriskisn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
This has to be funniest story I have heard here!

Do your now wife still hate FM?

I very much doubt I will support again this site next year. I honestly don't see the point.
Yes, she hates Stevie with a passion. The couple of times we've seen her, she has dearly hoped that she would fall off the stage.

She doesn't mind Lindsey, hates Christine. Her opinions of the other 13 members are varied. There is a Q&A on here somewhere from probably 17 years ago where she told (via me) Rick Vito she thought he was hot. Hell, I think Rick Vito's hot but that's just the guitar playing.

I'm lucky though that I work with two ladies who love FM, so we do listen to a lot of FM and Stevie at work.
__________________

Last edited by chriskisn : 06-30-2017 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-30-2017, 08:02 AM
chriskisn's Avatar
chriskisn chriskisn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
There has been one post from the new owner so far:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...1&postcount=10

That doesn't give you a full introduction, but at least you have a name and a way to contact him.
That fully explains the really dodgy ads that are popping up now, I wondered what was going on with that. Russian brides and various dating ones. Just a little bit tacky unfortunately.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-30-2017, 12:18 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
That fully explains the really dodgy ads that are popping up now, I wondered what was going on with that. Russian brides and various dating ones. Just a little bit tacky unfortunately.

Really? Where? I don't get them. I thought the ads reflected your search/shopping history. All I get is cheap oil paintings from China, size 9 trainers and Bupa.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-30-2017, 12:42 PM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,841
Default

^ This could be a whole new thread: what are your ads today. I have "Men's leather chest bags", an ad about "Jay-Z's" new album and stuff about "fireworks." I didn't search for any of that!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-30-2017, 06:50 PM
chriskisn's Avatar
chriskisn chriskisn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Really? Where? I don't get them. I thought the ads reflected your search/shopping history. All I get is cheap oil paintings from China, size 9 trainers and Bupa.
I haven't been searching dating sites either. Unless the wife has...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-04-2017, 11:26 AM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I haven't been searching dating sites either. Unless the wife has...
You took her to one too many Stevie shows apparently
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-05-2017, 07:22 AM
chriskisn's Avatar
chriskisn chriskisn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You took her to one too many Stevie shows apparently
Yep sadly I did. Twice to Stevie and once to Fleetwood Mac. Enough to drive her insane. Though she did refuse to go to Bob Dylan with me, so there is a limit.

In my defense she did once drag me to Culture Club and the Village People...
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved