Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post
Lindsey places 11th out of 37 on this We Are The World performers ranking thanks to the his mid-'80s hair.
Ought to be NO thanks to his mid-80s hair. I mean, I love the man but...............

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[excerpt from a piece on the Ting Tings] by John J. Moser 4/3/2015

http://touch.mcall.com/#section/-1/a.../p2p-83218500/

That doesn't mean The Ting Tings aren't trying, she says. She and DeMartino already are writing the next disc. "Like 90 percent of our day is spent trying to write that perfect song, like idiots," she says with a laugh. She says their new obsession is Fleetwood Mac, and they're deciding on a new locale to record.

"It'd be amazing to kind of stalk someone like Lindsey Buckingham," she says. "We've never worked with anybody in the studio before apart from Andy, and we had such an amazing time in the studio, I think we're quite open to doing more collaboration."
Old 04-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She says their new obsession is Fleetwood Mac, and they're deciding on a new locale to record.

"It'd be amazing to kind of stalk someone like Lindsey Buckingham," she says. "We've never worked with anybody in the studio before apart from Andy, and we had such an amazing time in the studio, I think we're quite open to doing more collaboration."
i don't know anything about this group, but LB should definitely spread out and collaborate more. maybe he is. but probably not enough.

another bucknugget:

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ae/...t-pairs-latest
Album Review: Sacred Heart third member in The Lowest Pair’s latest

LB-mentioning excerpt:
“Rosie” sounds nice, until you realize it sounds like that particular bunny-eared cartoon character is now dueting with Kenny Loggins. Lee’s vocals, well-done as they are, do have a bit of a Loggins-like quality, which is not really anyone’s fault, but it’s hard to shake this feeling, at times. (There’s also a bit of Lindsey Buckingham in there, too, which is more desirable.)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know anything about this group, but LB should definitely spread out and collaborate more. maybe he is. but probably not enough.
They're a British punk/dance/alternative group that had a couple big hits in the US and UK a few years ago. I would love to see Lindsey work with them. If you've seen the movie Horrible Bosses, you'll know their song "That's Not My Name".
Old 04-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from an article where Kevin Martin of Candlebox discusses his acoustic style]

Star News By Brian Tucker StarNews Correspondent April 20, 2015

http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...CLES/150429995

"That's something I would do occasionally if the guys didn't want to go out right away to do an encore," Martin said from his Los Angeles home during a phone interview, of the Prince cover. "I do it in a Lindsey Buckingham tuning, open F tuning is how I learned how to do it."
Old 04-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

another bucknugget:

thank you, elle, for the term "bucknugget". I totally laughed out loud on that one.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from Rolling Stone piece on the Watkins]

By Marissa R. Moss April 21, 2015

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...cover-20150421

In fact, most of the songs have been plucked straight out of the Watkins Family Hour regular repertoire, capturing a snapshot of what that little Los Angeles club might have sounded like on any given month.

It comes across loud and clear on "Steal Your Heart Away," which features Sara's crisp vocals on the 2003 Fleetwood Mac track and chugs along with slinky steel guitar and her signature lyrical fiddle. (Listen to the track below.) It's more a roadmap of what to expect live than a definitive version — playfully loose thanks to recording the Watkins Family Hour live in-studio in only three days.

Listen to "Steal Your Heart Away," below, which is now also available on iTunes. Watkins Family Hour will be released July 24th on Family Hour Records via Thirty Tigers.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz3YBjN6gd7
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Old 04-23-2015, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
thank you, elle, for the term "bucknugget". I totally laughed out loud on that one.
Doesn't sound like anything I'd want to scoop up.

Michele
Old 05-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an article about the Avengers, comparing the superhero to musicians in a band]

Take A Minute To Consider The Avengers As A Band Instead Of Superheroes
By Ryan O'Connell • 05.01.15 Uproxx

http://uproxx.com/music/2015/05/the-avengers-as-a-band/

Guitar: This is Captain America, looking on disapprovingly at Iron Man’s actions in a way not all that dissimilar from the relationship Russell and Jeff of Stillwater had in Almost Famous. The two of them would have more than a couple dust-ups in dressing rooms about onstage antics and who really is the face of the band. Cap wouldn’t be a flashy guitarist along the lines of Eddie Van Halen or Pete Townshend. He’d be more of a Lindsey Buckingham, technically sound, but not someone who’d adorn the walls of teenagers. He’d also be the first one to release a solo album, acoustic songs meant to show off his softer side. It would not be successful.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Why didn't Kristin design this??]

The DIY Designer: "Go Your Own Way" dresser

ByJenna LaFevor- Published on May 2, 2015 Nooga

http://nooga.com/169801/the-diy-desi...n-way-dresser/

Music is one of my most favorite things in the entire world. And I’m not picky. You could easily find Conway Twitty, Nelly and Aerosmith on any given playlist of mine.

One of my favorite things to do is to work music into my décor. You can spot lyrics as wall décor around my whole house, as well as album covers. My latest music-inspired piece was this "Go Your Own Way" dresser.

Not including drying time, it took about 30 minutes to add a little Fleetwood Mac to this piece.

Here's what you'll need:
•FrogTape, 0.94-inch width
•White paint (or another color of your choice for the arrows and wording)
•Paintbrush
•Ruler
•Utility knife or craft knife
•Letter stencils
•Sponge pouncer

Step one
Before starting, give your surface a quick cleaning to remove any dirt or dust. Apply FrogTape to your surface wherever you would like your arrows, as shown below.

I didn't worry about measuring exactly with these arrows. I just eyeballed it.

Step two
Using a ruler and a craft knife or utility knife, straighten up the points of the arrows. After you trim up your edges, run a credit card along the edges of the tape to make sure it is fully adhered to the surface.

Step three
Paint inside the FrogTape. My arrows took about three light coats of paint to get even. After the final coat, immediately remove the FrogTape.

Step four
Place the letter stencils wherever you would like them. Use a sponge pouncer to paint within the stencils. Let it all dry.

I had a little open space beside this dresser, so I opted to style it up with my grandmother's guitar and a few records.

Anyplace you could add some easy painted arrows?

More furniture makeovers are here.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an article about woman's ordeal as a sex slave. Never trust men who look like LB]

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/04/a_fo...ing_was_wrong/

Salon by Tessie Castillo , May 4, 2015

“I met Bruce while I was sitting in the mall one day,” she recalls. “He looked like my teenage crush, Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac. He came up to me and said ‘Hi.’ He was gorgeous and charming. He picked up that I was a homeless runaway and was really sympathetic. I thought, ‘Gosh, somebody finally understands and cares.’”
Old 05-19-2015, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an article about the Billboard awards]

The Examiner, May 15, 2015

http://www.examiner.com/article/diva...d-music-awards

Zendaya had the honor of introducing Ed Sheeran, who strummed his hit: “Bloodstream” for the audience. While he hit some bum notes during “Bloodstream,” he delivered one of the most artistic performances of the night. I am calling it now…he is the millennial generation’s Lindsey Buckingham!
Old 06-04-2015, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[To see if people knew who Lindsay Graham was, they let them select from different pictures of Lindseys, including LB]

Bustle Magazine Alicia Lu , June 2, 2015

http://www.bustle.com/articles/87420...retty-much-the

Lindsey Graham Tweeted "Sorry, Lindsay Lohan" About His Newfound Fame & It Was Pretty Much The Best

On Monday, Lindsey Graham thrust himself into the national spotlight when he announced his candidacy for the Republican primary, and now all kinds of delicious details about the South Carolina senator are coming out of the woodwork. Besides the fact that he’s the only bachelor running for president, it’s recently come to light that Graham’s Twitter game is strong. Earlier this month, before he had announced his candidacy, Lindsey Graham compared himself to Lindsay Lohan on Twitter. Unbeknownst to all of us, he had straight-up slayed the platform and we’ve all been tossing empty words into a cyberspace pit since then because nothing else will matter ever again after that Lohan comparison.

It all started with a BuzzFeed article. On May 18, BuzzFeed posted a quiz titled “Who Is Lindsey Graham?” One might expect it to be a straightforward profile of the senator, but the subtitle read “I’m asking you. Do you know?” Pegged to his presumed presidential bid, the quiz then asked readers to select who Lindsey Graham was out of four choices: a picture of singer Lindsey Buckingham, a picture of graham crackers, a picture of Lindsay Lohan, and finally, a picture of the real Lindsey Graham.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AFR weekend, June 13, 2015 [excerpt from an article about writer's mother's wedding]

The adventures of Joe Aston and his mum's big fat wedding

http://www.afr.com/opinion/columnist...150612-ghl2rc?

I'm thrilled for Mum. Her long-term partner is a solid bloke, and he loves her sick. And what in life is better (besides watching Shane Warne bowl or Lindsey Buckingham play guitar) than seeing your old lady happy?
Old 06-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a review of Thin Red Line]

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2015...red-line-1980/

If Lindsey Buckingham had written “Less Than Zero,” instead of Elvis Costello, the result might have sounded very much like “Mrs. Peel,” from the Cretones’ Thin Red Line album. Released on Planet Records in the spring of 1980, this was the debut from a band of seasoned L.A. musicians clearly in love with the new wave sounds coming out of Great Britain.