Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow Time Era Performances On Youtube!

So I was digging through youtube for clips/performances of the Time era, and hot damn I hit a jackpot!

Youtube user http://www.youtube.com/user/evie1942 has several clips called "Another Link in the Chain" not sure where these originated. The Chain, Only You Know and I Know, World Turning, Say You Love Me, Oh Well are on his channel.

Also youtube user http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperRockStar1670#p/u has Gold Dust Woman and Bekka's version of John Lennon's Imagine.

The Chain

Gold Dust Woman
Old 07-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
So I was digging through youtube for clips/performances of the Time era, and hot damn I hit a jackpot!
Gold Dust Woman
Stevie has always been my favorite singer. I remeber seeing Fleetwood Mac live at Desert Sky Pavilion in Phoenix in 1995. Tickets sales were so low that my friend and I who arrived ticketless were let in for free by the ticket people. I remeber being very impressed with Bekka's version of Gold Dust Woman. This video reminds me of that long ago show in Phx.
Bekka's vocals are absolutely stunning. This is the best cover of GDW I have ever heard!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thought I'd bump this thread if anyone is interested.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've seen these and I think Bekka did an outstanding job. She was in a really horrible position if you think about it.

Christine and Stevie both gone, so she ends up as the sole female voice of Fleetwood Mac, a band that is a rock icon. She's stuck having to try and be two things at once and hopefully satisfy fans of both ladies and do as good a job as possible singing material that is forever associated with Stevie and Christine. At least Billy had Dave Mason (and Rick Vito before his departure) to share the load with!!

I think Bekka's performance of "Gold Dust Woman" is a great one though. I really like that arrangement and how they did it. It's fantastic! Does it top Stevie's performances? No, but it's a credible job and it's just plain good.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
I've seen these and I think Bekka did an outstanding job. She was in a really horrible position if you think about it.

Christine and Stevie both gone, so she ends up as the sole female voice of Fleetwood Mac, a band that is a rock icon. She's stuck having to try and be two things at once and hopefully satisfy fans of both ladies and do as good a job as possible singing material that is forever associated with Stevie and Christine. At least Billy had Dave Mason (and Rick Vito before his departure) to share the load with!!

I think Bekka's performance of "Gold Dust Woman" is a great one though. I really like that arrangement and how they did it. It's fantastic! Does it top Stevie's performances? No, but it's a credible job and it's just plain good.
It did in 1994/5! Stevie's on the BTM tour were bad, so the new version was welcomed. Stevie's came back a few years later, but at the time...BAD.

THE Stephen Hopkins