Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Oh, I think this article is being mis-interpreted due to the utter incompetence of the writer. For one thing, this paragraph was not a direct quote. Secondly, I think the writer is the one who interjected the "album" comment to imply that "album" is an old school term, especially since albums are downloaded as individual songs these days. Thus "album" equals "a few songs." As to whether Mick actually used the phrase "a few songs" rather than "some songs," and whether the term "few" was meant literally vs. figuratively is probably up for debate. I'm sure everybody has said phrases like, "yeah, I made a few bucks," when you really meant you made hundreds/thousands. All I know is that releasing yet another hits collection is absolutely unfathomable, especially since their last album was a live CD/DVD.

If Stevie says we're getting a new album, we're getting a new album!
Might also mean they've got left overs from SYW to use... and with a few, in equal parts of course, from Lindsey and Stevie, maybe that will be enough to fill an entire album...
Old 06-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Yeah,that's probably true, but I look at it this way. And I think you and I have been fans for a long time so we can maybe appreciate this more, is that Stevie could've very easily died from the cocaine she did over the years and then we'd have NOTHING to talk about now. Just my 2 cents I guess.
Agreed. However, if that did happen, and I'm so very glad it didn't, you know that someone in the Stevie estate cough, Chris, cough would have been raiding the vaults and releasing compilations left and right a la Tupac and Jeff Buckley. I mean, we might have been seeing/hearing shizz we didn't even know existed! Anyway, it is sad to think that most of Stevie's work will probably not be released during her lifetime.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Have we all moved into the after life? I thought she wasn't going to make another FM record without Christine "in this lifetime" because they "tried it once and it didn't work"

Oh well I suppose it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

I can't see them recording an album in 3 or 4 months though.

Gail
Me neither so it's probably going to be A GH with a few new tracks...

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 06-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Interesting article. Gail, I agree with you. "We tried it once and it didn't work." I'm guessing Lindsey's got some material already (HOPEFULLY not ALL of his rock solo album, unless he can't get anyone to put it out at this point in time) and Stevie has said she's been writing "constantly." Money is a powerful motivator for this band. It's their last hurrah. I think this whole venture is on shakey ground anyhow. Don Henley said this band had "thrown in the towel" with their last outing.

Who knows. If we're lucky, maybe there's some song by Stevie (in some cloaked lyrics) about how we all steal from her.

It's entitled: "Why Bother:"

At this point , (and I find it hard to believe I feel this way) I really have no desire to see Fleetwood Mac. You know they are going to charge an outrageous price. Despite Stevie saying how she LOVES the Heartbreakers, Fleetwood Mac has NEVER tried to keep the costs down the way the Heartbreakers have. Front row Tom Petty/Heartbreakers show: about $95.00. Front row Fleetwood Mac show: "The Sky Is The Limit."

Tom & The Heartbreakers: have a similar sized band, a great looking set on the stage, and talented rockin' musicians. Mike Campbell! They tour CONSTANTLY. And with their low LOW ticket price they can still manage to buy Stevie a gold star. With diamonds. The Heartbreakers must budget better. They DO work harder.

I'm sure there are 10's of millions out there that haven't been reading Stevie's recent comments or lived through some of the other dealings of Fleetwood Mac that won't feel the same way as some of us. The band will make their sacred cash cow. There are those that will come to worship at it's alter. But, right now, as I look at this band, borrowing from Lindsey's "Surrender The Rain," 'it feels cold. It feels like sin.'
OMG.. I just lost it (AGAIN) laughing on that one Tango! ROTFL.. Isn't that the truth?? Maybe there will be one song on the latest FM album called "Christine Won't Sing With Us- And My Fans Are Thieves".. Probably haveing some "Gold Dust Woman - type of lyrics and beat...

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 06-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Watch it be a remake of Buckingham Nicks with some extra new stevie/lindsey stuff....haha...I cant blame Stevie, she and I are both crazy ass gemini's!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Lies. I have heard her say in interviews that she LOVED to fuss around in her rooms, moving furniture etc. And that she loved the huge house with huge fireplaces that were lit even in summer with the a/c blasting.

BTW, besides the Rhiannon painting and that weird thing she did in watercolor for Robin (the one that looks like there is a crease folded down the middle) has anyone seen one of her paintings? Are they nice? Is she as good in oils and acrylics as she is on piano?
In case everyone hasn't figured it out yet, Stevie is a Gemini, which is the sign on the twins. Meaning she has two totally different and conflicting personalities. Every Gemini I know is this way, and Stevie is no exception. I think the real root of Stevie's flip flopping and building Lindsey up/tearing him down routine, and her own vanity, is a greater sign of something very simple: insecurity. For her not to care about what Lindsey thinks, she sure does spend her life revolving around him. He didn't like the way her stage clothes looked, so she broke out the Italian Widow Granny look for Say You Will. She says he's the best at making her songs special/then she hates what he did with them on Say You Will. It's a never ending thing... it reminds me of an insecure adolescent. I know some incredibly attractive, successful people who are totally insecure, it makes no sense... but I truly think it's a disease of sorts.

Did Stevie love living in Phoenix in that beautiful mansion with her brother and sister in law/best friend? No doubt! But the reality is Lori and Chris's marriage ended, killing that happy home. So Stevie's insecure side had to invent a story of why it benefits her more to live alone in a condo... you NEVER hear her speak of the dissolution of Chris and Lori's marriage. I think Stevie kinda had to do the condo thing because she didn't have a choice. Who would want to live in a huge house by theirselves that's a broken home? I suspect that living by herself has really brought some things home to her too... she doesn't have anyone or anything to distract herself from her own self... she has nothing but time for self reflection, no one to influence her, etc. Of course the mighty dollar is no doubt calling her to rejoin Fleetwood Mac, as I'm sure the notoriety and fame that comes with it. Fleetwood Mac sells more albums and concert tickets than her solo shows do, she gets more attention and recognition from the press and fans alike. I'm guessing she's also realizing how alone she truly is now with her little family being a broken home, and her father dying.... that Fleetwood Mac is pretty much the only family she has left.

Regarding the whole Mac album/not album thing... why in the hell would they record a few songs and leave it at that? I think it's a "lost in translation" moment.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Agreed. However, if that did happen, and I'm so very glad it didn't, you know that someone in the Stevie estate cough, Chris, cough would have been raiding the vaults and releasing compilations left and right a la Tupac and Jeff Buckley.
Although the thievery has nothing to do with why Stevie isn't releasing new, official material, I wonder if she is upset about all the demos we circulate amongst ourselves. She knew they were leaked a long time ago, but with the internet, the whole ball game is changed. The demos and unreleased copies spread like wild fire and I'm sure they have been passed around to 5 million people at the very least. I'm wondering if that is what she was complaining about, in her foggy way.

Michele
Old 06-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Although the thievery has nothing to do with why Stevie isn't releasing new, official material, I wonder if she is upset about all the demos we circulate amongst ourselves. She knew they were leaked a long time ago, but with the internet, the whole ball game is changed. The demos and unreleased copies spread like wild fire and I'm sure they have been passed around to 5 million people at the very least. I'm wondering if that is what she was complaining about, in her foggy way.

Michele
Of course she's upset, but I don't think there is any way that Stevie could understand the sheer magnitude of what has been spread around the internets. I also doubt that Stevie can truly understand how much these demos help to galvanize her loyal fans, which only helps her to sell more official product if/when it gets released. And considering how unprolific she has become, these demos are the only things tiding us over between releases.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to hear what Johnny Stew has to say about all this. I'm really confused about it.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I'd like to hear what Johnny Stew has to say about all this. I'm really confused about it.
Good luck! He doesn't have time to post for his fans. He finds it trivial and inconsequential. Rumour has it though that he's off to Europe to finish his story of what it's like to be a gay super-hero on The Ledge!! Stay tuned......

Love ya Brian
Old 06-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if Stevie's last solo record will really be the soundtrack to the Rhiannon movie project. Makes sense I think.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Good luck! He doesn't have time to post for his fans. He finds it trivial and inconsequential. Rumour has it though that he's off to Europe to finish his story of what it's like to be a gay super-hero on The Ledge!! Stay tuned......

Love ya Brian
That's really crude.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Although the thievery has nothing to do with why Stevie isn't releasing new, official material, I wonder if she is upset about all the demos we circulate amongst ourselves.
Hasn't she out & out said that she is, several times? And haven't some of the others, like Celani or Perry-Nicks-Perry-Again, confirmed it?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Oh, I hope he's not writing a book. Everybody's always writing a book, & the upshot is that the world is filled with far too many books, the majority of them trash.

But that's too bad about Johnny Stew. I wanted to hear his levelheaded take on these interesting developments.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
That's really crude.
Sorry if you think my admiration and respect for a good friend is crude. I guess we have different definitions of the word.