The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I listened to a little just now on the way home. First up SN's free falling. UGH what a HORRIBLE version. BTW if you get the sirius ap you can play shows on demand. Like Mick's show which of course i wont be listening to.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I just woke up

and I immediately turned on the Fleetwood Mac station (I love typing that) and they are playing "I'm So Afraid" (live version). My favorite Lindsey song and I always looked forward to him playing it live. Guess I'll have to go solo to see him perform it now.

First time I've heard "I'm So Afraid" on this station - nice to wake up to it.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Ledgie

I'm pretty much listening only to this channel since May 1st. It's great that they are playing ALL incarnations of Fleetwood Mac, and not only focusing on 1975 and onward.

I tend to change the channel when they play the "influences" -- Jackson Browne, Eagles, Joni Mitchell, etc. And I must say, I don't quite get the Peter Gabriel connection, so not sure why he's occasionally being played.

Glad they have played a number of Stevie solo songs, but a bit dismayed they're only playing (so far) very few of Christine's ("When You Say", "Got A Hold On Me" and "Friend"). Haven't heard any solo stuff by Bob Welch nor Lindsey.

Can't understand why nothing's been played from Lindsey Buckingham / Christine McVie. Another opportunity being missed is not playing "I Pretend", the duet between Sandy Stewart (writer of "Seven Wonders") and Stevie, from Sandy's Cat Dancer album.

I'm happy to have this channel, and would love for it to become permanent, though it seems in just the first four days they're replaying the same stuff over & over.

Last edited by McLamb; 05-04-2018 at 11:06 AM..
Old 05-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLamb View Post
I'm pretty much listening only to this channel since May 1st. It's great that they are playing ALL incarnations of Fleetwood Mac, and not only focusing on 1975 and onward.

I tend to change the channel when they play the "influences" -- Jackson Browne, Eagles, Joni Mitchell, etc. And I must say, I don't quite get the Peter Gabriel connection, so not sure why he's occasionally being played.

Glad they have played a number of Stevie solo songs, but a bit dismayed they're only playing (so far) very few of Christine's ("When You Say", "Got A Hold On Me" and "Friend"). Haven't heard any solo stuff by Bob Welch nor Lindsey.

Can't understand why nothing's been played from Lindsey Buckingham / Christine McVie. Another opportunity being missed is not playing "I Pretend", the duet between Sandy Stewart (writer of "Seven Wonders") and Stevie, from Sandy's Cat Dancer album.

I'm happy to have this channel, and would love for it to become permanent, though it seems in just the first four days they're replaying the same stuff over & over.
I feel like this is a problem with ALL Sirius' channels.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I agree

the more I listen, the more it seems a bit repetitive, but still enjoying. They should ask fans of the band to guest DJ for an hour.. My hour playlist would be, give or take a few minutes:

Hypnotized
Storms
Red Sun
You Do or You Don't
Come a Little Bit Closer
Save Me a Place
Black Magic Woman
If I Were You
Wrong
Everybody Finds Out
On With the Show

Also, the station tends to make me scratch my head at times. For example, Christine was talking about the honor of being inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then the next song played is Hypnotized...a Bob Welch song??
Old 05-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Ledgie

I'm enjoying this new station. However, I wouldn't mind fewer non FM songs. I've already heard Witchy Woman enough times.

I just realized that Irving Azoff has a new interview show on SiriusXM station 106. He has already interviewed Jon Bon Jovi. I wonder if he is going to interview anyone from Fleetwood Mac.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard a bit of Christine...poor things sounds like her choppers are floating around all over her mouth.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Heard a bit of Christine...poor things sounds like her choppers are floating around all over her mouth.
When she's speaking loudly (i.e. in concert to 10k people) she seems to enunciate better, and I understand her just fine.

However for years now, her regular speaking voice (i.e. interviews and satellite radio bumpers ) sound like she's on a chardonnay drip....
Old 05-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

RE: the repetitive programming - I'm not sure if anyone caught the Prince or David Bowie limited engagement channels when they ran, but they too replayed many blocks of the same songs.

I noticed they switched it up though as the month went on, so there's a good chance we'll get even more variety in the coming weeks.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Ledgie

So I have heard them play Stevie and Christine's solo stuff. Has anyone heard any of Lindsey's solo work? It wouldnt surprise me if they don't...
Old 05-04-2018, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

on my way home this afternoon, Mick was talking........ about Tango. and how Lindsey left. but that he luckily came back, years later. and how lucky they are that he's back now.

must have been recorded that they before Musicares when Mick and Lindsey went to Sirius to do their interviews.

i now soooooooo want those Lindsey interviews to be aired!! so. bad. i need them!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
So I have heard them play Stevie and Christine's solo stuff. Has anyone heard any of Lindsey's solo work? It wouldnt surprise me if they don't...
they should. he's been a part of the band for decades, much longer than some others.

but they probably won't. which speaks volumes about them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-04-2018, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLamb View Post

So who is responsible for what does get programmed on this channel? There are myriads of FM and solo songs to play. Not to mention all the artists that FM and its' members have worked with. Walter Egan, Lana Del Rey, Kenny Loggins, John Stewart etc etc. Who needs the other stuff?
Old 05-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
OMG! I think that's one of the most insulting, if not THE most insulting thing I've ever heard about Christine. But I know what you're saying. Her speech has become a little "slurred"? She doesn't wear dentures does she?
Old 05-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
OMG! I think that's one of the most insulting, if not THE most insulting thing I've ever heard about Christine. But I know what you're saying. Her speech has become a little "slurred"? She doesn't wear dentures does she?
seems like she got veneers or caps or something. quite a few older entertainers (singers, actors, etc) seem to have gotten them and they all end up having the same slurry, lispy or somehow altered speech.

I just watched Roger Daltrey on an interview program and he's got it now too.