User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I find the show disgusting. But the lead actor was clearly cast because of his likeness to Lindsey (OR it was that likeness that inspired the use of Tusk in episode 1).
I don't think the use of music in the show has anything to do with the actor's looks and I'd never noticed a resemblance between him and Lindsey. But I wouldn't mind seeing him play an older Lindsey in a movie.

Here's Matthew and Keri at the Met Gala, tonight.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think the use of music in the show has anything to do with the actor's looks and I'd never noticed a resemblance between him and Lindsey. But I wouldn't mind seeing him play an older Lindsey in a movie.

great pic!! I love that show. Sad it's ending.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:

good read

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-...ds-1201782857/
Old 05-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I wonder who watched the scene in the movie that gave permission for them to use the song? We know all 5 didn't sit down to watch the scene together and then discuss it. I can't see John caring at all; nor Christine, for that matter. Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick, maybe.
That's not how it works. Our music supervisor will contact the label who will contact them and they will ask what project it is and either say no or yes. Never do the see the scene ahead of time. WE all know that Mick and Stevie and probably the rest would say yes in a heartbeat. But all those who own publishing have to agree.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if Lindsey watches The Americans. It had The Chain and Tusk. I hope he watches.

Michele
He would know since he has to give permission if he owns publishing. Also the the others get performers rights.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So it looks like Hi finesse (which does music for movies and trailers) sweetened the song. I would not call it a remix, more like adding and fattening up. We do it all the time.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Chain has now re-entered the U.K. Singles Chart at #88! That's including sales and streams. It re-enters the Top 100 Singles chart at #58. Great news!
Old 05-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
The Chain has now re-entered the U.K. Singles Chart at #88! That's including sales and streams. It re-enters the Top 100 Singles chart at #58. Great news!
GOTG2 is huge with kids here. my 14 was making me watch the whole trailer (which is only the chain) yesterday, telling me how the music and lyrics perfectly fit the action.

if BuckVie and their record company had any smarts they'd seize on this huge publicity and market thair new album and tour to all these new audiences. people who know nothing about the band will not automatically put 2+2 together, they need some help.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
I saw the movie saturday and The Chain is featured in 2 different scenes, with one scene being very important. Like the first movie there's a lot of musicin this one but The Chain is the only song they used twice, and it was so cool!
I think "Brandy" was used twice also, at the very beginning and later when Ego is explaining its meaning to Star-Lord.

But I thought "The Chain" and "Brandy" are clearly THE key songs in the film, and The Chain's second appearance in the movie really gets the audience charged up! I don't see it on Billboard's Hot 100 this week (May 13) but maybe it will appear when they release their new chart on Tuesday...?

"Father and Son" is another great tune that is used really will in GOTG2. I teared up when it was playing...
Old 05-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's on the US i tunes chart at nmber 121 probably to go higher.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was thrilled to hear the song twice during the movie. Hopefully it being featured so prominently will attract new fans to the band.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, But the Guardians of the Galaxy Are No Fleetwood Mac

The song most indicative of the motley crew in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2—you know this because you hear it once in the trailer, twice in the film, and because Entertainment Weekly mentioned it in a cover story—is “The Chain” by Fleetwood Mac. And, really, why shouldn’t it be? The film, like the song (it’s about the band), tells the story of lovable misfits carrying entirely too much baggage sticking together despite the deep fissures in their relationships. It’s perfect! There’s just one thing. The Guardians of the Galaxy are no Fleetwood Mac.

Sure, Groot bears a striking resemblance to Mick Fleetwood. Dude’s like 6 foot 5. Put a black shawl on Gamora and she might pull off a Stevie Nicks look for Halloween. But is Peter Quill/Star-Lord a stand-in for Lindsey Buckingham? Nah. Does Rocket hold a candle to John McVie? He probably doesn’t have the rhythm. Could Drax be the Christine McVie of this crew? Well, let’s leave that one alone. But this isn’t about whether the Guardians could rock or the Mac could fly spaceships. It’s about whether the drama roiling the Guardians matches that of the band at its craziest. And in that comparison, the Guardians fall dramatically short.

“The Chain,” per legend, grew from another song by singer/keyboardist Christine McVie, and is the only track from the golden-era lineup with writing credits for everyone in the band. (Rolling Stone once called it their own “Frankenstein’s monster.”) Rumours, the album on which it appears, was created in an atmosphere of what McVie described as “dra-ma.” Nicks had recently split up with Buckingham, the McVies were divorcing, and Fleetwood’s marriage was faltering. (Because that wasn’t enough crazy, Nicks and Fleetwood hooked up a while later, because, hey, the band that plays toget… oh, never mind.) All of this occurred amid quantities of cocaine that would make Scarface say, “Whoa, slow down there.” Nicks once claimed that “two weeks’ worth of cocaine could have paid our rent for six months.” As you might imagine, this led to … difficulties in the studio. Rumours co-producer Ken Caillat once said the band “started throwing champagne in each others’ faces and yelling at each other” when arguing about song lyrics, which, of course, detailed everyone’s romantic entanglements and feelings.

The Guardians in Vol. 2, meanwhile, fight like raccoons and aliens, sure, but it all seems so tame in comparison. Star-Lord and Gamora, the ersatz Nicks and Buckingham in this scenario, basically argue about his thinking they have an unspoken Sam and Diane thing going on and her having no freaking idea what Cheers is, being from another planet and all. Star-Lord also calls out Rocket for being a jerk (rightly, I might add), but this entire “argument,” while presented as monumental, fills about five minutes of screen time and occurs without a single thrown beverage. Boooring. The rest of the drama, as it were, focuses on whether Quill should trust his newly found dad, Ego, and saving the galaxy. Again. Granted, saving the galaxy is admittedly a big ask, but without wrecked marriages, illicit affairs, and mounds of cocaine, it doesn’t really count, now does it? The quintessential line from “The Chain”—If you don’t love me now/you will never love me again/I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain—applies, but there’s no way it means the same here as it did for Fleetwood Mac.

Being space heroes also doesn’t produce one of the best rock songs and albums of the 1970s. Rumours went platinum 20 times over and won the Grammy for Album of the Year in 1977. Both the album and the song “The Chain” remain wildly popular. (Glee did an entire episode on Rumours, for God’s sake.) The Guardians, on the other hand, earned $145 million at the US box office over the weekend, and Quill and Gamora finally acknowledged their “thing.” (Maybe Gamora, knowing that rulers make bad lovers, found comfort knowing Quill wouldn’t follow in the footsteps of his dad, the Living Planet?) That’s pretty good. But until they blow that money on a 7-mile line of coke and start throwing bubbly at each other, they’re no Fleetwood Mac.

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/guardi...fleetwood-mac/

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 05-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This week The Chain moves up to #86 from #88 last week on the UK Top 100 Singles chart. Again this includes streaming which makes it even more impressive.

The song moves down slightly to #64 from #58 last week on the Top 100 Singles Sales chart which shows that many people are streaming it, hence the slight improvement on the overall singles chart. This means that the song being featured in GOTG2 is attracting a younger audience to the band.

Great news!
Old 05-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
This week The Chain moves up to #86 from #88 last week on the UK Top 100 Singles chart. Again this includes streaming which makes it even more impressive.

The song moves down slightly to #64 from #58 last week on the Top 100 Singles Sales chart which shows that many people are streaming it, hence the slight improvement on the overall singles chart. This means that the song being featured in GOTG2 is attracting a younger audience to the band.

Great news!
it definitely is. 14 year olds are streaming it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood just tweeted that The Chain is #1 on the Rock charts and is currently available today at Apple Music for .69!!

For real, he tweeted this.
Oh Mick, LOL.

Jamie