Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Ledgie

Default MSG 6/11/09 Roll Call/Reviews

who's going? Anyone have extra tickets...waitin on ticketmaster for better seats.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not going to this one, but I went in March, and it was definitely a place you could tell had alot of history behind it. Hope everyone has a great time!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't gotten my tix yet either! lol

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Me neither. I hope they have enough left for all of us. My train leaves Albany at 3:30pm. Cannot wait!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I hope everyone going tonight has a BLAST!!! It's going to be fantastic!! I can't wait to hear about the kids singing Landslide for Sound check, and am PRAYING that they add that to the set tonight!

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 06-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They are there!!! Go get Them!!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I hope the kids get to sing before the audience. If not, I hope a YouTube video of their performance is posted. They are so darling.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How did everyone do?? I got FRONT ROW @ MADISON SQUARE GARDEN Section 3!!! I hope there are Ledgies up there with me.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Single Eighth Row ticket popped up on Ticketmaster

Section 1, Row H, Seat 2
(2:11pm EST)
Old 06-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Ledgie

should have link for pics up tomorrow..Row C off ticketmaster just before
Old 06-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Back from tonight's show and it was fantastic!!! This was my 4th show this tour, but my first on the floor, 7th row directly in front of Lindsey in fact!

Anyway, I won't go into too many specifics, most of the same stuff that we all know and love. Here's a few other notes of interest that you guys may appreciate.

At the end of I Know I'm Not Wrong, Stevie had her back turned to the audience and appeared to be talking to John. Lindsey finished up his piece and the stage went dark and everyone (on stage) was waiting for Stevie to walk up to the mike to do the Gypsy intro. Well, she was in her own little world and completely oblivious to the fact that she was supposed to be at the mike, so Lindsey had to shuffle over and tell her she was up. She had the funniest look on her face and when she got up to the mike she said, "When you get to be 61 years old, sometimes you forget!" It was a cute moment.

Lindsey dedicated Big Love to Kristen and Will who were somewhere in the audience to my right as Lindsey pointed out. He then went into the longest intro to Big Love I've heard yet. Seriously, like 3 minutes long. We were joking that Stevie asked him to drag it out so she had more time for her wardrobe change.

Stevie dedicated Landslide to PS 22 and Mr. B. She started talking about how they were there earlier in the day and she made them all come up on stage so they can start to realize that dreams are attainable (something like that -- i'm paraphrasing.) Then she went into this story about how when she wrote Landslide she played it for Lindsey and he started tinkering around on the guitar playing it back to her and she was so amazed at how wonderful it was and how great a guitar player he was that she had to run to anther room because she started crying over how much it moved her. Again, paraphrasing slightly here -- but something close to that. I'm guessing she gave us that memory because she said when the kids performed Landslide for her today, she just started crying. I'm probably not remembering it verbatim, but hopefully someone has video of it.

Silver Springs was in!! It wasn't the best i've seen this tour, but I was thrilled Stevie went for it.

Well, those are the quick and dirty highlights from my vantage point. I do have some pics and I'll try to post some if others don't get to do it beforehand.

Oh, just a little pet peeve that I want to share to see if anyone else has experienced it. Why do people bring their YOUNG children (under 10!) to a concert that is in the evening during the week? And after an hour they were passed out on the seats. And these are the 200 bucks a pop seats. Just wondering what others thought about that.

Last edited by Amlyn; 06-12-2009 at 12:17 AM..
Old 06-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This has to be quick because I need to get up early tomorrow.
I had a crappy day and I was so NOT looking forward to the concert. I thought...eh, last time at MSG was just not good for me, dawg, so ...(I'm loopy when I'm tired).

Anyway, after my stupid bus did not arrive and I had to race to the Garden to meet my buddies Torri and blackcat (sorry I missed you Keith), I actually entered the Garden. I used my chair as a coat rack, essentially, and planted myself at the stage. I had front row and was going to plant myself near my seat, but I thought--eh, I'll go for the gusto and move if they want me to. I planted myself between Lindsey and Stevie's mics. No one said a word. So, that's where I stayed. And I was very lucky. I had Pattie to my right and a lovely lady who I didn't know to my left. Both of them were great to stand with, really into the show and nice and quiet (except for the occassional scream--which I did a fair amount of, too).

Anyhow, the last two shows I went to--Lindsey was the total star. Stevie was better (much) in Philly than MSG I, but Lindsey was still the one who was giving his all and Stevie was probably at about 80% last time. Not tonight. She was GREAT. I was so proud of her. I think she has to know, on some level, that when we step into one of these places, we WANT her to succeed. And to have fun. And, when the third or fourth song came and she actually stepped closer to the edge of the stage than I had seen her at any previous concerts, and when she was smiling and ad-libbing stories--I knew this was going to be special.

There was not one song that she messed up on. There was not one song of hers that wasn't absolutely wonderful. Being between the mics is a tennis match because you kind of want to see what the other one is doing while one of them is singing. But, there were moments when I couldn't take my eyes off Stevie. She did a fabulous GDW--best one I've heard in ages. Did a lot of rather low "running in the shadows," "still in the shadows" "Moving in the shadows," before doing her Twyla Tharp dying swan-on-cocaine interpretative piece (heehee).

Silver Springs was back and awe-inspiring. LOVED it.

Storms was great. The harmony on "not all the prayers in the world could save us" was just beautiful and they both hung onto the notes for all they were worth.

And, during Sara, she sang the line "I'll go anywhere, ask me and I'll be there..." (I think I messed that up a little) directly to Lindsey. I have been so used to no contact that it was very obvious this time.

The Gypsy intro was very long, giving a list of people they worked with...how she joined a group she didn't know Lindsey was part of, went two blocks to rehearse in Lindsey's house--which she didn't know was Lindsey's house, etc, etc. (all very cute) and then (rather jarringly) said "and that's what this song is about. That time, The Velvet Underground, back to the floor-with Lindsey in my bed..." (and yeah, I know she's been saying it for a while, but it's the first time I heard it--and in those particular words so it was...odd).

Then, she dedicated Landslide to PS 22's choir (who were "too young" to be there tonight) but sang Landslide to her. And there she told Lindsey she was going to tell a story and she didn't know if he knew this (and he shook his head) but when she played Landslide for Lindsey for the first time, and she doesn't play the guitar very well, and she'd play something and he'd play it back, and he played beautifully, and after they were done, she went in another room and cried at how beautiful it was. And, tonight, after hearing this choir, she burst into tears, too. So, she dedicated it to them and to Madison Square Garden and all the performers who performed in the hallowed halls, and all those to come. It was very sweet and very touching.

And, to sum up Stevie's part--I want her fingerless leather and sparkly gloves. I seriously want them. I think I would take them to work with me and do all my stuff with those things on. Who cares if I'm not a rock star. I'd have rock star gloves.

Stevie was wearing the frankenbots with these leather leg warmer type things that made them look like long boots. Lindsey did not wear a necklace (stop the presses!)
He dedicated Big Love to Kristen and Will who were "out there--somewhere" and who he loves very much.

He was a maniac, as usual. An absolute, brilliant maniac.

My only fault with him--the Big Love speech. Dear Lord--it's grown to 45 minutes! No wonder I had to run for my bus back home. Blah-blah-blah-redemption--loss of something or other--destruction of the western world--reconciliation--plague, pestilence, yada, yada. Geez, Louise. Just sing the damned thing already!

Uh...He came over many times to the area right above my head and nearly dripped on me. It's always exciting to see Lindsey sweat. Mick--not so much. Lindsey--bring it on.

John was in a good mood. Made a snipping motion with his fingers when Mick was twirling his balls--and that put me in a good mood. Actually, by song 4, I think all my troubles from this week disappeared.

And I'm forgetting a few Lindsey things. Oh, he was fiddling with the amp nobs when Mick was introducing him as their mentor, their something or other and Lindsey mock-looked up and said, "me?" when he was finally introduced.

And during Oh, Well, when the line "when I talk to God..." he looked way up and said, "hello." It was funny.

Oh, and Stevie forgot to do the Gypsy intro for a few moments. Lindsey walked up to her, told her and she sheepishly went to the mic and said she's 61 and forgets a few things ocassionally.

I think that's about it. It was a great, great show. I know I gave up my AC show---but, this was a very nice way to end the Unleashed tour, for me.

I'm very proud of all of them tonight.

Last edited by Regina; 06-12-2009 at 12:30 AM..
Old 06-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Absolutely amazing! I somehow ended up in the front, to the right of Lindsey's mic, in that spot between monitors where he often takes his solos. It was like heaven! The show itself was amazing, it's such a different story when you're in the front, in it with them. I couldn't see Stevie often because the monitors blocked her a lot, but I did my best to catch her when I could. Made sure to watch "Silver Springs", especially! Other than that, got a LOT of Lindsey moments. I think one of my favorite parts of being in his section is "Stand Back", he's so fun during that number, just singing along, getting us going, being silly. Loved it! I'll never get over him soloing literally towering over me. I had a few tastes of that during his solo tour but this was an entirely different story. The simple fact that I had to move my fingers so he wouldn't stomp on them is mindboggling to me! I'll be posting a few pics in a few!

Last edited by bucklind17; 06-12-2009 at 12:50 AM..
Old 06-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Ledgie

show was great..it seemed like security wasnt even up in front of the 1st row where we were all crowded..gona put pics up tonight and probably video tomorrow..stevie was hitting all her notes tonight and seemed like they put extra effort in knowing they were at The Garden.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie