Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The Penguin's Tale - Tusk - Episode I from Penguins Tale on Vimeo.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-05-2015, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

The video stops and starts over with ten seconds left. Does that happen to anyone else when they watch it?
Old 11-05-2015, 09:21 AM

No, mine plays all the way through.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
I got tired of Richards vague answers and cry for attention months ago. I find it amusing that people are still buying into this and eating it up.

I recommend if you get the chance to speak to fleetwood or linds at one of the shows ask them about Richard. You may be surprised by their response.

The reason Stacy publically attacked me on her twitter page was because I stated here on the ledge that i was tired of the game I was seeing.

Enough said.

I am not surprised this thread keeps popping up like a bad turd.

can you elaborate at least a little more on this? Have you asked either/both of them about Richard? Your comment implies they are either not pleased with him/his blog, or they find him a bit sad living through their past.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's been over two months since Richard has posted with any regularity, and then only one post mid December.

Do you think this second Tumblr blog might be dead in the water? Or do you think we're about to be hit with a barrage of more great pictures, videos, etc?
Old 01-17-2016, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
It's been over two months since Richard has posted with any regularity, and then only one post mid December.

Do you think this second Tumblr blog might be dead in the water? Or do you think we're about to be hit with a barrage of more great pictures, videos, etc?
Sadly I'd say its through now.
'Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow'
I think that quote alludes to him having some mental health issues that make it difficult for him to do anything.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Sadly I'd say its through now.
'Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow'
I think that quote alludes to him having some mental health issues that make it difficult for him to do anything.
Or health issues. He appeared to have a number of issues that left him in quite a lot of pain.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Or health issues. He appeared to have a number of issues that left him in quite a lot of pain.
I am just hoping that he's ok. I loved the first blog, and it seemed like the tumblr was off to a good start, so hoping that he is able to continue. I just appreciated his attempt to put a little positive energy out there. Call it what you like, but that counted for something in my book.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A lot of folks who suffer from depression talk about physical pain, but I wonder how much of it is psychosomatic.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-17-2016, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
A lot of folks who suffer from depression talk about physical pain, but I wonder how much of it is psychosomatic.
true. but he was in a pretty nasty car crash that did a lot of damage to his back. that kind of chronic pain can most definitely lead to depression and then you're in a real cycle.

I hope if he stopped doing it it was by his choice and not because of any bad feedback or whatever from the band.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope if he stopped doing it it was by his choice and not because of any bad feedback or whatever from the band.
I'm confused about what the band would have objected to. Everything he posted seemed respectful to the band, even when people asked about drug use or sexual relationships and he probably could have told a lot of stories, and he was hardly profiting off them since this was just a Tumblr blog. The videos are cute, but so short. They barely show anything aside from some silly faces.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I still want to know why Richard had "mixed feelings" about the Vegas show thing, which I suspect is probably what led to the blog going down.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I'm confused about what the band would have objected to. Everything he posted seemed respectful to the band, even when people asked about drug use or sexual relationships and he probably could have told a lot of stories, and he was hardly profiting off them since this was just a Tumblr blog. The videos are cute, but so short. They barely show anything aside from some silly faces.
He was telling a lot of the previously unknown FM history. He was sharing a lot of new photos. He was talking about how songs came together, what went on in the studio etc.

This is all valuable to anyone in the band who might want to write a book or whatever, and if Richard puts it out there first, a)it's not really new anymore so it takes some "selling" factor out of the band/bandmember's book and b) the story is out first from Richard's point of view with his take on things and certain band members who might want to write books want to be able to tell the stories the way THEY want them told.

Lindsey pretty much shut down anyone cooperating with Ken when he did his book and used the line that he might want to write his own book "someday". Christine for one pulled out of talking to Ken because of it. Stevie is pretty controlling of her image and what she wants told. A few times people in her circle have blurted things out and had to walk them back after she wasn't happy about it.

It is about control. So I can see (don't know if it happened but wouldn't be surprised if it did) word getting back to him that they were not amused. If the word went out there's no doubt other people from the Mac circle would demur from talking to him (remember he was going to make videos and such?)

I'm just saying this kind of thing happening with this group would not be out of character or be surprising.

On the other hand he had so many health issues and it seemed like days where he just was in so much physical pain it was more than he could manage. Someone here had posted some stuff from stacy's social media about her moving away or something and if that's true she really was his righthand man and tech savvy collaborator so that would be a problem too.

Who knows. As always with the Mac, mystery and intrigue.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I still want to know why Richard had "mixed feelings" about the Vegas show thing, which I suspect is probably what led to the blog going down.
I'm not so sure it would have been the cause of his first blog shutting down.
I think it could have been mixed feelings in the 'bitter-sweet' sense. On the one hand it would have been great for him to see his old buddies playing. At the same time I can imagine him feeling a sense of sadness- memories of yesteryear when he and they were in their heyday. Anyway, he did say he was going to be talking about it at some point...oh well.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Stacy categorically said in no uncertain terms that the band wasn't the reason why the first blog stopped. If that's the case then I have no reason to believe they would be the reason for him not posting on the new one. Anyway, Richard was in regular contact with Mick who would have had plenty of opportunity to convey any ill-feeling/disagreement the others may have had towards what he was doing.
No, I really do not think it has anything to do with the band.