Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Plans for the day John died

I am not planning anything special Nico on December 8th the day of John was Assassinated.But in Strawberry Fields, Central Park, John Lennon memorial, In New York City.They have their yearly memorial gathering there that day in his memory.Also there is concerts in Japan and England and that candle light gathering in Liverpool this year.But I will be lighting a candle at my home for him.John and his sons Sean and Julian and Yoko will be in my thoughts and prayers that day.RubyTuesday we all have our favorite band members.It is a personal thing.It is you like what you like.Nico I had no idea your birthday is the same as John Lennon's. Its not on your profile.A belated happy birthday.I hope you had a great day.My Dad who passed away from cancer when I was in my 20's.Was also born on October 9th.Except he would have turned 88 years old this year.That is kind of a interesting and cool coincidence.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
John and his sons Sean and Julian and Yoko will be in my thoughts and prayers that day.
Don't forget Cynthia, too!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default CNN Documentary on John Lennon's assassination this weekend

Your right ChiliD.Let not forget Johns first wife Cynthia to. I was not sure if I wanted to post this or not here.Because I sure it will be very sad to watch.But everyone has to decide that for themselves if they want to watch this or not.I may watch some of this on CNN this weekend.But I'm not sure if I want to watch this all or not yet.It might be to sad and hard for me watch it all.

Losing Lennon Countdown To Murder documentary on CNN this weekend

December 8, 1980, a day that will live in infamy for John Lennon fans. As part of a CNN Documentary “Losing Lennon,” we’re talking to people who had a personal connection to the tragic events of that day when Lennon was gunned down by (murderous coward).
AM’s John Roberts talks to radio writer Laurie Kaye, who was part of a team that did the last interview with Lennon on the day he died. When she heard about the shooting, she ran over to Roosevelt Hospital, where Lennon was taken, and witnessed Yoko Ono’s reaction. Also, O.A.R. frontman Marc Roberge talks about how Lennon’s death inspired the alternative rock band’s recent song “Dakota.”Watch the preview here, and be sure to catch the full documentary,” Losing Lennon: Countdown to Murder,” premiering Saturday and Sunday night 12/4 @ 12/5/2010 at 8 ET on CNN.

John Roberts hosts "Losing Lennon: Countdown To Murder" at 8 and 11 p.m. ET on Saturday and Sunday. The documentary will showcase never-before-heard recordings of interviews with John Lennon's murderous cowardly scumbag assassin (My term for him) and his wife.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/12/0...iref=obnetwork

John Roberts hosts "Losing Lennon: Countdown To Murder" at 8 and 11 p.m. ET on Saturday and Sunday. The documentary will showcase never-before-heard recordings of interviews with Lennon's assassin, murderous cowardly scumbag and his wife.

visiting crime seen : warning graphic
http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/3...?iref=obinsite

Losing Lennon: Legend lives on in O.A.R.'s song 'Dakota'
http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/0...iref=allsearch
Old 12-03-2010, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
Your right ChiliD.Let not forget Johns first wife Cynthia to. I was not sure if I wanted to post this or not here.Because I sure it will be very sad to watch.But everyone has to decide that for themselves if they want to watch this or not.I may watch some of this on CNN this weekend.But I'm not sure if I want to watch this all or not yet.It might be to sad and hard for me watch it all.

Losing Lennon Countdown To Murder documentary on CNN this weekend

December 8, 1980, a day that will live in infamy for John Lennon fans. As part of a CNN Documentary “Losing Lennon,” we’re talking to people who had a personal connection to the tragic events of that day when Lennon was gunned down by (murderous coward).
AM’s John Roberts talks to radio writer Laurie Kaye, who was part of a team that did the last interview with Lennon on the day he died. When she heard about the shooting, she ran over to Roosevelt Hospital, where Lennon was taken, and witnessed Yoko Ono’s reaction. Also, O.A.R. frontman Marc Roberge talks about how Lennon’s death inspired the alternative rock band’s recent song “Dakota.”Watch the preview here, and be sure to catch the full documentary,” Losing Lennon: Countdown to Murder,” premiering Saturday and Sunday night 12/4 @ 12/5/2010 at 8 ET on CNN.

John Roberts hosts "Losing Lennon: Countdown To Murder" at 8 and 11 p.m. ET on Saturday and Sunday. The documentary will showcase never-before-heard recordings of interviews with John Lennon's murderous cowardly scumbag assassin (My term for him) and his wife.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/12/0...iref=obnetwork

John Roberts hosts "Losing Lennon: Countdown To Murder" at 8 and 11 p.m. ET on Saturday and Sunday. The documentary will showcase never-before-heard recordings of interviews with Lennon's assassin, murderous cowardly scumbag and his wife.

visiting crime seen : warning graphic
http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/3...?iref=obinsite

Losing Lennon: Legend lives on in O.A.R.'s song 'Dakota'
http://amfix.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/0...iref=allsearch
It sounds interesting, however it will be difficult just because the person who killed John will be referenced a lot throughout. I am not comfortable with really acknowledging this person and Yoko and Paul made a statement many years ago about Beatles fans even using the person's name...

However, it is a part of history and it happened. It was a tragedy. Julian recently stated that both he and Sean were dealt a very hard blow with what happened to their father, and I guess if I do watch it it will be for Julian. I've always loved Julian because he went through a lot and his relationship with his father was prevented from becoming what it would have eventually became because of what happened. And that's the real tragedy for that family, though both sons have turned out so great.

I won't watch it Saturday evening but I may watch it if it's on youtube.

Incidentally, while on the subject of John...can anyone list their TOP TEN JOHN SONGS (including Beatle John if you want). Just for fun...
Old 12-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sean Lennon video performance of Dark Matter/White Light

I understand how you feel Nico about watching this CNN documentary on John's
assassination.I also need to get back here when I have a chance to post my 10 favorite John Lennon or songs he wrote with the Beatles.There is so many I want to think about it a while.Now for another update.While we wait for Lindsey Buckingham's new solo music CD to come out.And we wait for Stevie Nicks new music CD to be released.And we wait as many us have waited and keep waiting, sometimes for decades... For Fleetwood Mac to maybe record and release some new songs on a CD.Or yet for another Greatest hits tour. We still have not had the bands final farewell tours before they retire.

Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl band."The Ghost of A Saber Tooth Tiger" December 3rd 2010
"Dark Matter/White Noises" is the the featured video today on 'The Live Buzz ', curated by Nic Harcourt.

http://bit.ly/fxDp9V

http://thelivebuzz.com/live-session/...-session/#more
Old 12-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Julian Lennon to be interviewed for CNN Documentary

Since Julian Lennon is being interviewed for this CNN documentary.I have decided to watch it.I want to watch the rest of what Jules has to say.I think its going to be sad to watch. But I have decided I will be watching it this weekend.As Nico has said,it is part of history and it was tragedy.

These are a couple video clips from a interview done with Julian Lennon in that CNN Documentary ' Losing Lennon ' that is being shown this saturday and Sunday.
Scroll down the page on the first link to watch the first video

Julian discuss's his brother Sean and how their Dad's death effected them both

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/...-lennon_b42259

Julian discuss's how John hoped to reconnect with his family.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/sho....reconnect.cnn
Old 12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Julian talks about 30th anniversary of his Dad 's death

This was posted on Radio 105.9 web site.

Julian talks about fathers death as 30th anniversary approachs
December 3rd 2010
John Lennon's first son Julian sat down with CNN recently to talk about his father's untimely death, and how it's affected him.This Wednesday, December 8, will mark the 30th anniversary of the day the murderous cowardly scumbag.(My name for him) shot the famous Beatle, and his recent bid for parole has made headlines. While his bid was denied this time, it remains unclear whether or not he will one day be released from prison. Julian talks about that possibility, and many other subjects surrounding his father's death in the video below.

http://www.1059therock.com/cc-common...rticle=7907614
Old 12-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Guardian UK /The Oberver article 12/5/2010

Guardian UK / The Observer
December 5, 2010
John Lennon: The last day in the life

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010...er-anniversary

I also found this posted online.I think its a college radio station. There is a Stevie Nicks mention in this.

Radio RockonTour Streaming Live online at WLOY @ Noon on Tuesday, December 7, 2010.
"John Ono Lennon Forever" is scheduled to stream live from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm on Tuesday, 12/7/2010.
Radio RockonTour presents a special live broadcast in memory of the late John Ono Lennon. This December 8th marks the 30th anniversary of his tragic assassination outside his home in 1980. John’s recorded legacy with The Beatles and as a soloist remains popular today and is anticipated to generate commercial success for decades to come.
Episode #25, “John Ono Lennon Forever”, celebrates John Lennon’s creativity as a composer and showcases his compositions as a Beatle, a solo artist and his songs as recorded by other singers. This program spotlights obscure recordings by John and a rare duet performed by Ringo Starr and STEVIE NICKS on a 1994 Harry Nilsson song written especially for John.
Songs recorded in tribute to John Lennon by George Harrison, Elton John Paul McCartney and Queen are featured on the playlist. Live tracks and vinyl cuts are included in the mix of material. John Lennon’s music continues to exercise a profound influence on emerging composers and artists.

http://wloy.org/

Last edited by msLinds; 12-06-2010 at 12:14 AM..
Old 12-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sharing The Dakota With John Lennon : NY Times 12/6/2010

The New York Times
Sharing the Dakota With John Lennon
December 6, 2010

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/07/ny...appraisal.html
Old 12-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My Top 10 Lennon songs (post-Beatles)

What You Got
Scared
Aisumasen
Forgive Me (My Flower Princess)
Imagine
Isolation
It's So Hard
Nobody Told Me
Remember
Instant Karma

(bubbling just underneath; need mentioning)

Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
Power To The People
Woman
Watching The Wheels
Cold Turkey
Woman Is The Nigger Of The World
I Found Out
How Do You Sleep?
Beef Jerky
(instrumental...for the most part)
& John's lead vocal version of Yoko's "Every Man Has A Woman Who Loves Him"

Well, pretty much ALL of Walls & Bridges...when I come to think about it.

Last edited by chiliD; 12-06-2010 at 02:11 PM..
Old 12-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Wales Online :Sean Lennon steps out of John's Shadow 12/5/2010

I will get back as as soon as I can.To posting my list of top 10 favorite John Lennon songs of mine.I have another update for today.

Wales Online
December 5, 2010
Sean Lennon steps out of Beatle John’s shadow

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz...1466-27764192/
Old 12-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Julian Lennon Video At Art Basel Miami Beach, 12/3/2010

Art Basel Miami Beach,Florida
December 3, 2010

Julian Lennon the Artist : Video
Plum caught up with the son of legend John Lennon at 2010 Art Basel Miami Beach to talk about his exhibit of personal paintings & photographs which benefit the White Feather Foundation.

http://www.plumtv.com/videos/julian-lennon-the-artist

Digital Photo Pro
Vision To Visuals: A Moment In Time
Julian Lennon’s personal and profound Timeless exhibition
November 2, 2010

http://www.digitalphotopro.com/busin...t-in-time.html
Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
My Top 10 Lennon songs (post-Beatles)

What You Got
Scared
Aisumasen
Forgive Me (My Flower Princess)
Imagine
Isolation
It's So Hard
Nobody Told Me
Remember
Instant Karma

(bubbling just underneath; need mentioning)

Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
Power To The People
Woman
Watching The Wheels
Cold Turkey
Woman Is The Nigger Of The World
I Found Out
How Do You Sleep?
Beef Jerky
(instrumental...for the most part)
& John's lead vocal version of Yoko's "Every Man Has A Woman Who Loves Him"

Well, pretty much ALL of Walls & Bridges...when I come to think about it.
I love your choices because they aren't so typical. Like, I don't ever see too many place Forgive Me (My Little Flower Princess) in their top ten, though my mother has always adored that song passionately and she'd probably have it somewhere in her top 5.

I will post my list shortly. I'm mixing John solo with John Beatle because there are too many facets of John's amazing personality in his music that I have to cover it all. It's going to be very, very difficult. With some artists we really like to think so much of their music is too great to rank, but for John Lennon this is nothing short of the truth. He's incomparable.

msLinds: I am stressing because I recall his last interview was supposed to be airing this week and I intended to listen...but I have no idea what station it's on. I know you know!!!!

BTW: Just got my The GOASTT tickets!!!!!! Yay, I'm going to see little Sean in concert. I'm stoked.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default John Lennon 30th Annual Memorial Public Remembrance 12/8/2010

That great Nico you got your Goastt Tickets to see Sean.Here is the information on that interview with John.Also a news update about a candle light memorial this wednesday.

INTERVIEW: Dave Sholin shares his memories:The Last Interview With John Lennon.
November 12th, 2010
“John Lennon: The Final Interview." It will run for a week, beginning December 3rd - the 10th 210 all over the country in a syndicated broadcast. It's being done to commemorate the 30th anniversary of John's death and will include many things that we didn't have for the first show in 1980.

"John Lennon 30th Annual Memorial Candlelight Public Remembrance"

John Lennon 30th Annual Memorial Candlelight Public Remembrance will take place on Wednesday, December 8, 2010, exactly 30 years after the legendary singer, songwriter, peace activist and former Beatle was killed by a lone gunman outside Lennon's residence in New York City. The public is invited to bring flowers and candles to place around John's star.
The free-to-the-public gathering will start 6:00PM at Lennon's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star, located in front of the Capitol Records Tower Building at 1750 North Vine Street in Hollywood,California. For further information call 310-399-1000 

Highlighting the special remembrance will be the on-site musical art creation of a large John Lennon mural by world renowned artist Gregory Adamson. Mr. Adamson's unique "Facing the Music" 11-minute painting creation will be accompanied by the popular vocal group The Three of Us performing a medley of Lennon and Beatles tunes.

The event is being sponsored by the Alliance for Survival peace group. Event organizer Jerry Rubin says, "The public gathering is not meant as a time for mourning, but more of a time, thirty years later, to continue celebrating John Lennon's life, music and creative spirit.

http://www.beatlesnews.com/blog/the-...-on-dec-8.html
Old 12-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered

This thread has lasted a long time, I have six pages to go back and read, there must be something keeping it alive worth checking out!
Closed Thread