User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Although the Live album version was recorded during the Rumours tour, correct? I believe its one of the several songs that was not recorded during the Tusk tour like Rhiannon and Dreams.

Also, Stevie did fantastic back ups back then without going overboard with her cokey screams or getting in the last word.
I don't remember. I'm in TN right now, and my album is in IN. If memory serves, the liner notes say where every track was recorded. I remember Don't Stop was at a Paris sound check.

God I hate her having to get in the last word. $he's so stupid.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know, for probably 20 years following Tusk, I remembered the set list. It's just been too long now. 42 years, kill me now! But hey, I was only 3yo!
I DO remember that I loved their raw version of Hold Me.

2017? They dropped the key three steps, from D to B(so it just didn't sound the same, dropped by that much), and I'm 99% positive that Christine wasn't even playing the piano parts(nor Brett). Tracks. KARAOKE.

Homie f*cking hates karaoke. I mean, I'll take whatever Christine and Lindsey are offering me, but karaoke is f*cking LAME.
heh i REALLY disliked live Hold Me versions from Mirage times. it was different from the recording (which was pop perfection), but not different in any rocking, good way. just sloppy, sad.

but yeah i know what you are saying with the backing tapes in 2017. i remember seeing one youtube vid where i think Christine actually did a part of the keyboard interlude and Lindsey looked at her with a proud smile... but yeah it was mostly pre-taped. i liked the way they sang it way better than back in the early 80s though. way better. happy. i was very pleased to hear it. guess i'm easily pleased

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2021, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
heh i REALLY disliked live Hold Me versions from Mirage times. it was different from the recording (which was pop perfection), but not different in any rocking, good way. just sloppy, sad.

but yeah i know what you are saying with the backing tapes in 2017. i remember seeing one youtube vid where i think Christine actually did a part of the keyboard interlude and Lindsey looked at her with a proud smile... but yeah it was mostly pre-taped. i liked the way they sang it way better than back in the early 80s though. way better. happy. i was very pleased to hear it. guess i'm easily pleased
I figured you'd prefer PUNK Lindsey SCREAMING, "why don't you come on and a!" I loved it!

The Mirage show I saw was as close to heaven as I've ever been.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I figured you'd prefer PUNK Lindsey SCREAMING, "why don't you come on and a!" I loved it!

The Mirage show I saw was as close to heaven as I've ever been.
lmao it has to still be at least somewhat in tune / melodic.

that said i heard just a few [horrible] recordings. never was at the live Mirage show obviously. so what do i know!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2021, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

that said i heard just a few [horrible] recordings. never was at the live Mirage show obviously. so what do i know!
I was a teenager at the HEIGHT OF MY FANDOM. They could do no wrong at that point in my life. Even the old goat.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It's quite judgmental to express that Lindsey absolutely could've released music and toured from 98-2001 as if pregnancies are all the same.
Here’s Richard and Linda Thompson performing during a difficult pregnancy, one that caused her to develop a dysphonia that requires Botox injections to be able to sing and talk. Still, they made one more album and did one more tour before splitting. Point is that it’s possible and not uncommon.

Quote:
Distaste for Lindsey shouldn't have you express that he was lazy or couldn't handle being a father and "working".
Except I never said that. Quit putting words in my mouth.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-03-2021, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie said that after the Dance they were waiting for Christine to change her mind and that’s why they didn’t do anything.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Except I never said that. Quit putting words in my mouth.
I said expressed, not said. Quit putting words in my mouth.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here’s Richard and Linda Thompson performing during a difficult pregnancy, one that caused her to develop a dysphonia that requires Botox injections to be able to sing and talk. Still, they made one more album and did one more tour before splitting. Point is that it’s possible and not uncommon.
I didn't say it wasn't possible. I said he was raising a family from 98 on and you responded with all these other guys who worked while having young kids. If you're not critiquing his choice, then it was unnecessary to talk about other guys who had young children and toured because I didn't say starting a family kept him from working.

How do we know that Kristen wasn't working while Lindsey stayed home with the children?

You really have dislike for Lindsey. Sorry you feel that way.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie said that after the Dance they were waiting for Christine to change her mind and that’s why they didn’t do anything.
Still, the guys could have released Gift of Screws as Buckingham Fleetwood McVie and gotten at least something from the momentum of The Dance.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-03-2021, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't say it wasn't possible. I said he was raising a family from 98 on... because I didn't say starting a family kept him from working.
Nor had he, so why you felt the need to drag the discussion there is a bit of a mystery. Lindsey, to my knowledge, never said anything about taking time off to raise a family.

Quote:
If you're not critiquing his choice
I was critiquing your point.

Quote:
You really have dislike for Lindsey. Sorry you feel that way.
No. I like Lindsey and wouldn’t have a problem if he actually did say he wanted to have a normal family life for a few years. However, not capitalizing on the momentum from The Dance had consequences for his career. I can also say the same about Mick and John to some degree.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-03-2021, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

Christine's live band in 1984 nailed Hold Me. She played the grand piano for the song. She also had 4 guys able to take backing vocals. It was pure perfection, even better than the Buck/Vie version IMHO. She did the album cut, not the alternate Mirage performance.
I have her live show on CD. It was professionally recorded and it is flawless. I also saw it live in concert. I wish it would end up on youtube like everything else.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nor had he, so why you felt the need to drag the discussion there is a bit of a mystery. Lindsey, to my knowledge, never said anything about taking time off to raise a family.

I was critiquing your point.

No. I like Lindsey and wouldn’t have a problem if he actually did say he wanted to have a normal family life for a few years. However, not capitalizing on the momentum from The Dance had consequences for his career. I can also say the same about Mick and John to some degree.
I responded to this "What did he do immediately after all the pressers from The Dance/HOF were over" with a fact. Why critique a fact?

Also why to some degree for John? He didn't do anything but sail, right? Mick did an instrumental CDROM I think before they started recording SYW.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I responded to this "What did he do immediately after all the pressers from The Dance/HOF were over" with a fact. Why critique a fact?
I mean, I guess I could have said “professionally,” but I thought that went without saying. You’re throwing in an unknowable hypothetical red herring into the discussion (again). Ultimately, it doesn’t matter why he was publicly absent, it still had consequences for his career.

Quote:
Also why to some degree for John? He didn't do anything but sail, right?
The three of them, by not releasing GoS and touring behind it as a spinoff entity sometime between 1998-2000, missed an opportunity to establish a viable way to operate without Stevie. I’m not saying they would have been arena rock or on par with Stevie’s success, but they could have still been profitable and not have their careers dependent on her. Instead, they pissed it away.

Quote:
Mick did an instrumental CDROM I think before they started recording SYW.
That CD-ROM was just drum loops. I bought it with the intention of recording an album with them, credited to Fleetwood MacDougall, just to see how long before I got a cease and desist order...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-03-2021, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Still, the guys could have released Gift of Screws as Buckingham Fleetwood McVie and gotten at least something from the momentum of The Dance.
I don’t disagree. Lindsey wastes a lot of time. That’s his thing. He could have an album out right now. He’s waiting for better marketing conditions. He wants to give it wider exposure. He wants to tour on his album. I just don’t think it’s that important at this stage in his life. Get the music out.