User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2021, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
You know what? For a while I said it would have been nice to have Stevie participate on Buckingham McVie. But now, screw that. She can pack sand.

Even if she would have participated, it would of been filled with resentment. Then the tour would of been a huge deal, taking even more time away from her solo gigs and then months of passive aggressive negativity about that. The whole thing would of eventually soured, just like say you will. Even if it went really well, she would b*tch about that, just how she did about the 2009 tour.

I’m glad that cancer never stepped foot in the studio with them. That album stands on its own.I can’t think of a single thing she has to offer that would of even remotely been beneficial to that project. 15 years ago it would be a different story, but her current presence? Nah, hard pass.
Spot on. Every word. That old HAG is washed up as a singer and a songwriter. $he's living on legacy, and legacy alone.

I've said it a million times, but here's plus one -
$tevie Nicks is the worst thing that ever happened to FM. ($he's the best thing that ever happened to Mick's bank account- but f*ck that guy, too)
Old 02-07-2021, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That was the choice presented to them.

Maybe if Lindsey hadn’t had 22 years of public inactivity, if Christine hadn’t been in some state of retirement for 23 years, if Stevie hadn’t become washed up as a songwriter, and the band hadn’t been as inactive for as long as it was, then it wouldn’t have been like that.

A new album from a band that’s already sold over 140 million albums, mostly based on the works from 1968-79, isn’t what’s going to sell concert tickets.
it's also not going to HURT sales of concert tickets.

if you're going to sell X number of concert tickets even without a new album, why the f*** not do an album if y'all have songs you want to do and it keeps you feeling fresh? Your studio budget will be significantly less but then LB has a full home studio and so much is done digitally that it's workable. People put out albums for very little.

They didn't because the member with the most clout doesn't have many new songs to contribute like the other 2 do/did. She doesn't like making albums that don't go to #1 (fair enough, although this gets blown out of the water in her case because neither do her solo albums but she's kept doing several of those, even discounting the one she did under contractual obligation) She didn't want to put the time/energy into FM albums because she didn't have to in order to reap the financial benefit. No pretense of artistic anything anymore there.

I agree with the previous poster that other band members (spearheaded by Mick) own a big chunk of the responsibility for not persisting in giving her an ultimatum about whether she's in or out (as far back as 2012, when she wouldn't commit even to a tour and Mick finally resorted to whining to Playboy and other pubs) and doing an album properly called FM without her (ie, BuckVie) because of their own greed for tour money. LB might argue he was playing nice to get her onboard, but if so that failed.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-07-2021 at 11:50 PM..
Old 02-07-2021, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's exactly why they canned him. They knew it would be the last major tour.

It was a huge tour already in the works. They knew they could squeeze one last big cash grab, pay the lawsuit and then walk away. Stevie was not touring with him ever again. So that was the only option. One last cash grab with Lindsey would cost them millions,.
And why he went ahead and sued them.

He wasn't going to let them/her screw him out of his last big payday either.

Did they find other ways to make up for whatever they had to pay him? (extra shows, extra merch??) I dunno, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Given the band's history of shunning any previous members who have sued, and given they are not shunning LB (at least as far as Mick and Chris seem to be concerned; we assume about John but not sure we know) it seems like the Brits all view the whole thing as yet another Stevie/Lindsey fight that ended up in a lawsuit. (Though Lindsey did take his swipes at Mick's character "weak" Chris "fragile" which is assumed to be more about her physical state than her mental/emotional state but again who really knows).
Old 02-08-2021, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And why he went ahead and sued them.

He wasn't going to let them/her screw him out of his last big payday either.

Did they find other ways to make up for whatever they had to pay him? (extra shows, extra merch??) I dunno, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Given the band's history of shunning any previous members who have sued, and given they are not shunning LB (at least as far as Mick and Chris seem to be concerned; we assume about John but not sure we know) it seems like the Brits all view the whole thing as yet another Stevie/Lindsey fight that ended up in a lawsuit. (Though Lindsey did take his swipes at Mick's character "weak" Chris "fragile" which is assumed to be more about her physical state than her mental/emotional state but again who really knows).
right - which is what it was.

what you call swipes, i felt were actually him giving them a pass, and blaming only Stevie. because he said - no i don't blame Mick - Mick is weak. and that he didn't blame or wanted to drag Christine because she is in fragile state - or whatever he said. i thought at the time that with fragile state he referred to Christine leaving the band for that week when she first heard they ousted Lindsey.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-08-2021, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know what? For a while I said it would have been nice to have Stevie participate on Buckingham McVie. But now, screw that. She can pack sand.

Even if she would have participated, it would of been filled with resentment. .
it's always so palate cleansing to see that making of BuckVie video. loving, light, creative, happy.

i would hate for Lindsey to go back to FM with Stevie (i know many people who are FM 5 fans feel very different). but for him to go to FM with Chris and Mick, without Stevie? i can live with that. my first preference would be he does solo projects and other collaborations, but i know for all of their souls, they want reconciliation so i can live with that, if need be. i enjoyed BuckVie. yes it's light, but still. as long as Lindsey first releases and tours his solo album that's been waiting for years now. and i still want that the killers tour with lindsey that we were promised. i would enjoy that way more than another FM tour, in any incarnation.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-08-2021, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this popped up in my youtube feed today. It was an MTV piece done as they prepped for the SYW tour. It includes some interesting footage from the making of the SYW album that didn't make it into the final documentary..... (also the video repeats itself so tho it says it's like 17 mins it's really half that). It also includes some total nonsense like the part where the narrator refers to Chris as a "sometime songwriter" in the band....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juOZHXq49Tc
Old 02-08-2021, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's always so palate cleansing to see that making of BuckVie video. loving, light, creative, happy.

i would hate for Lindsey to go back to FM with Stevie (i know many people who are FM 5 fans feel very different). but for him to go to FM with Chris and Mick, without Stevie? i can live with that. my first preference would be he does solo projects and other collaborations, but i know for all of their souls, they want reconciliation so i can live with that, if need be. i enjoyed BuckVie. yes it's light, but still. as long as Lindsey first releases and tours his solo album that's been waiting for years now. and i still want that the killers tour with lindsey that we were promised. i would enjoy that way more than another FM tour, in any incarnation.
I don't recall ever seeing any FM videos where they were so happy and loving. What was missing? A 4 foot tall trash can full of misery!

Lindsey should never go back, although I'd allow it if the old goat was kicking up tin cans. If he would go back WITH the old goat, I'M DONE. No one with a spine would go back after the way they treated him. I hope history remembers her for the egomaniacal hag $he is.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I agree with the previous poster that other band members (spearheaded by Mick) own a big chunk of the responsibility for not persisting in giving her an ultimatum about whether she's in or out
And how would that have gone for them? Would issuing an ultimatum to make an album that might sell 200,000 copies be worth losing tens of millions of dollars in tour revenue for either Mick or John?

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-08-2021 at 01:18 AM..
Old 02-08-2021, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This may come as a shock, but outside of Fleetwood Mac artists often make albums because they actually enjoy making music. It’s not always about millions of dollars every time.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right - which is what it was.

what you call swipes, i felt were actually him giving them a pass, and blaming only Stevie. because he said - no i don't blame Mick - Mick is weak. and that he didn't blame or wanted to drag Christine because she is in fragile state - or whatever he said. i thought at the time that with fragile state he referred to Christine leaving the band for that week when she first heard they ousted Lindsey.
That's the way I saw it, too.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
It's pretty amazing--for a bunch of budding Octogenariens, they do a great job of forcing each other to attest to/refute to something one of them says when another one of the speaks unscripted. I expect we will "hear" from Stevie and Mick shortly?
I don't think Christine said anything anyone didn't expect, but I still find it funny. Good for them for still getting headlines when most of them have one foot on a banana peel and the other in the ground.
BINGO
****HITS LIKE BUTTON****

Chris's comments were sincere but they were off the cuff. The headline of this thread could also be "Chris may never tour again" Yet some people focused on the reality of other members while ignoring what Chris said about herself. The way some are writing "Stevie and John leave Fleetwood Mac" Will definitely get Stevie to respond at some point. I dont think Chris meant to spawn the controversy. But she was being honest. No one is planning anything right now. After Covid in 2022 I think Chris realizes she is too old. She alludes to it but did not rule it out 100%.
The history of the band always shows, the members are replaceable at any stage. Could Mick, Lindsey, and Christine hit the road for a Mac tour in 2022? Unlikely but possible. Stevie has been in and out of the Mac before. I have always said that I believe Stevie and Lindsey will share a stage together again as fake as it may be.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
BINGO
****HITS LIKE BUTTON****

Chris's comments were sincere but they were off the cuff. The headline of this thread could also be "Chris may never tour again" Yet some people focused on the reality of other members while ignoring what Chris said about herself. The way some are writing "Stevie and John leave Fleetwood Mac" Will definitely get Stevie to respond at some point. I dont think Chris meant to spawn the controversy. But she was being honest. No one is planning anything right now. After Covid in 2022 I think Chris realizes she is too old. She alludes to it but did not rule it out 100%.
The history of the band always shows, the members are replaceable at any stage. Could Mick, Lindsey, and Christine hit the road for a Mac tour in 2022? Unlikely but possible. Stevie has been in and out of the Mac before. I have always said that I believe Stevie and Lindsey will share a stage together again as fake as it may be.
More irresponsible journalism. I read an article where the headline stated:
Chester Thompson says Phil Collins always blames him for mistakes. (or something like this) and the article wasn't really about that.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't recall ever seeing any FM videos where they were so happy and loving. What was missing? A 4 foot tall trash can full of misery!

Lindsey should never go back, although I'd allow it if the old goat was kicking up tin cans. If he would go back WITH the old goat, I'M DONE. No one with a spine would go back after the way they treated him. I hope history remembers her for the egomaniacal hag $he is.
You’ve called Stevie a lot of things on this board, terms I would never use, and they never usually make me laugh at all...however, “a four foot trash can of misery” now that’s a first. Thanks for that belly laugh.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You’ve called Stevie a lot of things on this board, terms I would never use, and they never usually make me laugh at all...however, “a four foot trash can of misery” now that’s a first. Thanks for that belly laugh.
My usual term is a 55 gallon drum of misery, but $he's so short that I altered it for the diminutive hag.

THANKS! I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK! TRY THE VEAL!
Old 02-08-2021, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was going to write the same!