Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2020, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yuck, don't make me show my work. Is this math class? LOL...so, of course the first two that came to mind when I typed that were Boys of Summer and Take it to the Limit. I'm no musical expert and wouldn't even know that a song was in B and now G, so I just go off what I'm hearing. And I'm also going off memory from a few years ago bu I was pretty certain that one or both of Timothy's songs were lowered...either I Can't Tell You Why or the one from Hell Freezes Over. Also, Seven Bridges Road comes to mind.

And while I thought most of the Felder stuff was with Glen, I think after suing them and writing that book, Don Henley would not have him back. I think his book pissed Henley off more than anything else. He certainly didn't seem to have any warm feelings in the documentary. BUT, what I thought was awesome of both Don and Glen, they included Felder in that documentary and also don't go out of their way to minimize their own actions or try to look like heroes.
I'm fairly certain Timothy's songs haven't been lowered. I am a musician, and I have a guitar leaning against the couch at all times. AND I'm a freak who remembers the keys of songs. So songs like Heart Of The Matter, the second it begins, I'm like "this doesn't sound like 'D'"(grabs guitar - "nope, they're doing it in C now").

Do you have any of the bootleg live Eagle's DVDs? There are a ton of them out there. Far far more than FM. My favorite is a pro shot one in Christchurch NZ. It was an outdoor show, and it absolutely rained cats and dogs for the entire thing. Anyway, Henley is having a REALLY hard time getting through Boys Of Summer, and Timothy jumps in and is singing the end of the song with him(singing Don's part - so at least someone is hitting the notes!).

Yeah, I think you're right, now. Henley is a POMPOUS, bitter f*ck. Arguably one of the greatest vocalists of his generation. Yeah, when he keeps saying, "Mr. Felder", you can sense the animosity. What is it about being sued that makes people so bitter? Ask Christine why she kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF!!!