The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2003, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My Boise, Idaho Concert Review!!

Well, where do I begin. They sounded wonderful and amazing as usual. After going to Portland and Auburn the concerts are all starting to get meshed together for me.

I had 3rd row seats on Lindsey's side. It was amazing because there were about 5 seats in the front row and second rows, and about 3 seats in my row that were empty. Thought they would have done a better job of selling these. My luck though cause this just gave us a chance to move more towards the center. I didn't have as much interaction with Lindsey being in third row I saw him smiling, pointing at some people in the front row. During "Stand Back" he walked over to my side and I held up a "Lindsey Rulz" sign that he pointed at and laughed and I waved. I think he recognized me from Auburn.

Let me just say that security there was militant. I'll get to more of that later, but since there was no one in the first two rows, my friend and I moved up to second row. A security lady was like "go back to your seats rrr" I said, "why nobody is even in these seats" and she still said go back. So I looked at this other security guard, who was a major ass the entire night and said, "that's lame" and he said "I don't care, go ahead up front." Yay! So my friend and I went right to the stage.

So at this point it was Mick's drum solo and Lindsey went to sit on the side of the stage again. He started wiping his face with a towel. As soon as he looked over at me, I started pointing at the towel and motioning for him to give it to me. He smiled and threw it at me! I caught it perfectly, and it was all sweaty. hehe. I mouthed "thank you so much" and he smiled. He wasn't near as interactive with the crowd during this time as he was at the Auburn concert. He pretty much sat there and watched Mick. If you get a chance to watch him at this point, do. He makes all sorts of facial expressions as he is watching Mick. It's pretty cool and entertaining.

So after "Don't Stop" Lindsey comes right over by me and I hold up a pen and my "Lindsey Rulz" sign. He came right over and signed it for me and some other people held some things up for him to sign which he did. Then he set my pen down on a speaker and some creep snatched it. So I didn't get my pen back that Lindsey used. darn. But I did get his autograph which was awesome.

After "Goodbye Baby" I held up my "John Rulz" sign. Stevie looked over and I saw her say to Lindsey, I think, "There's John's fan again." (or i.e. there is psycho girl again lol) John of course didn't see it until he came over to my side. He looked at it and was surprised. He pointed and laughed and acted like he was taking a picture of it. He tapped Mick and pointed and Mick was pointing and smiling at me. I just jumped up and down and waved. Stevie came over but didn't shake any hands. We just yelled and said we loved her etc. Then they were gone like that. Another great night for me!!

As we were leaving the parking lot, their limos drove by and everyone started honking and cheering. As we were driving on the interstate back to the city, we passed the airport and we saw the limos driving along a road in the airport to where the private planes are. So they must have been flying back to CA since its so close and they have until Friday until the next concert.

Some high points I noticed from this concert....

Stevie did not look as tired as the Auburn show. It must have been because Portland and Auburn were right after each other. At least for this concert she had a nice rest. She sounded great and was all smiles as usual. I saw her smile and look at the crowd more than the other two shows.

Never Going Back Again was amazing. I think the best of the 3 I've been to. Lindsey really worked it on the "you don't know what it means to wiinnnnnnnn, so come round see me againnnnnnnnnnn." The crowd loved it and screamed their heads off.

Eyes of the World, really you need to see this one live to appreciate it. It has sooo much energy and Lindsey does an awesome job.

Beautiful Child was amazing. This is so beautiful live! As was Silver Springs. Stevie really belts it out on this one. Sounded amazing on all three nights.

Come and I'm So Afraid were great as usual. The crowd loved it and everyone started cheering and standing up.

When Stevie went behind Lindsey during Landslide and put her hands on his shoulders the crowd went nuts. Everyone just started screaming. It was the loudest I've heard from all the shows I've been to. I think Stevie was kind of surprised as she had to wait a little longer to start singing again.

Say Goodbye, one of my faves. Its so cool because Stevie does this little low "ooohhh" while Lindsey is singing. I didn't even know it was her until I saw her lips moving, I thought it was some instrument or something. She really does harmonize well.

Don't Stop and World Turning, Stevie does a great job covering Christine's parts. I really don't miss Christine's voice too much on these.

"Goodbye Baby, another fave. Lindsey and Stevie sound amazing on this one.

My friend commented on how amazing they sounded live. He was really impressed seeing how alot of bands don't sound that good live. But Fleetwood Mac really pulls it together.

A little bit about the crowd....they were definitely the dumbest of the three. Probably because they let alcohol on the floor while they didn't at Portland or Auburn. There were two ladies behind us that were trashed from the moment they got there. One of the ladies fell down across the seats as she was trying to get to hers. This was before the concert even started too. She was wearing sunglasses and wore them the entire concert. She just sat there slouched over for half of it. What a waste, I don't know why people pay good money like that and then waste it getting trashed. And especiallly to have such good seats. Her friend kept bumping our chairs and spilled beer all over our seats. She grabbed me and kept calling me "girlfriend." I kept shaking her off. Luckily she disappeared sometime in the middle of the concert.

Security there was ruuude. They had a bunch of militant type men there. They threw two ladies out at different times and I have no idea why. Both of the ladies were at the stage at the time. The only thing I can think of is maybe they tried to crawl up there, which I didn't see. I thought maybe it was because they had their beers sitting on the stage. Anyway it was horrible, and I felt sorry for them.

I had a camera and took a few pictures. Then when I got up to the stage I pulled it out and a security guard tapped me and told me "no." Then five minutes later he tapped me again and told me I could take pictures if I didn't use a flash, which I hadn't been using all night. So hopefully I'll get some good pictures that I can post.

Well, I've been to 3 concerts in 5 days and I'm worn out!! I don't know how they do it. I had a great time. My last concert is at Salt Lake City on Saturday. Hopefully it will be as great as the others!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review, Ali! I am at the John Rulz and Lindsey Rulz stories!!! So great that Stevie and Mick recognized it too! "Hey Lindsey, there's John's FAN" come on he has tons of fans! We love John!

Can I ask how you've gotten these great seats for all these shows? Do you just wait it out? I've got 9th row but I am going to try to snag something closer up like starting September 1 (my concert is on the 10th) and try to sell my 9th row ticket~ perhaps just hearing your story will give me good Karma

Thanks for your details and I hope you have fun in Salt Lake!

xx Meredith
Old 07-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I would suggest checking Ticketmaster constantly starting about a week before the concert . That's how I got my second row in Auburn. That was two days before the concert. I may have gotten second row in Portland too, but I didn't have an internet connection so I was unable to check when 2nd row were coming up. I got my 6th row for Portland on ebay. The Boise 3rd row I got by looking in the local paper and bought those from some woman. I got 5th Row Salt Lake on Ticketmaster right when they went on sale, but I keep checking to see if better ones will get released.

It has cost me an arm and a leg. I just put them on my credit card. Sucks cause I'm just a student and I don't have a job! LOL. Looks like I'll be starving so I can use my loans to pay all these bills off.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by AliP
I just put them on my credit card. Sucks cause I'm just a student and I don't have a job! LOL. Looks like I'll be starving so I can use my loans to pay all these bills off.
I think in the past few months the Ledgies have collectively become Visa, Mastercard and AmEx's favourite customers!

Thanks for the great review & glad you had such a good time! Hope you have an even better time at the next show!

Old 07-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: My Boise, Idaho Concert Review!!

Quote:
Originally posted by AliP

(A)Say Goodbye, one of my faves. Its so cool because Stevie does this little low "ooohhh" while Lindsey is singing. I didn't even know it was her until I saw her lips moving, I thought it was some instrument or something. She really does harmonize well.

(B)There were two ladies behind us that were trashed from the moment they got there. One of the ladies fell down across the seats as she was trying to get to hers. This was before the concert even started too. She was wearing sunglasses and wore them the entire concert. She just sat there slouched over for half of it. What a waste, I don't know why people pay good money like that and then waste it getting trashed. And especiallly to have such good seats. Her friend kept bumping our chairs and spilled beer all over our seats. She grabbed me and kept calling me "girlfriend." I kept shaking her off. Luckily she disappeared sometime in the middle of the concert.

[/B]
(A)Stevie is absolutely masterful and completely unique when it comes to harmony. ESPECIALLY with Lindsey. Their voices together give me chills. Forgive me if this sounds totally cheesy, but Say Goodbye is "the Silver Springs of this tour" to me. Though I have so many, this song HAS to be my favorite moment of the show. The intensity between them leaves me speechless.

(B)"AMEN!" to your opinions on these kind of people!

Last edited by EveryHour; 07-30-2003 at 07:21 PM..
Old 07-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink Way to go in Idaho!

I think this is the first mention of Lindsey tossing a towel to a fan! Thank you for a review. You had to be absolutely thrilled with the interaction with the band. Sounds like you had a great show too. Starving students . . . yep, very familiar! You'll love the memory more than eating. Congrats!