Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Don't you mean up until 1987?
Good catch. Yes that is what I meant but sometimes my brain is ahead of my fingers typing. I meant to say that 1982 was the last Mac tour of a raw sounding live band.

Another thing I LOVED about the Live album was the live pictures inside. I used to hang this album open above my bed as a teenager.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-04-2015 at 08:07 AM..
Old 11-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Good catch. Yes that is what I meant but sometimes my brain is ahead of my fingers typing. I meant to say that 1982 was the last Mac tour of a raw sounding live band.

Another thing I LOVED about the Live album was the live pictures inside. I used to hang this album open above my bed as a teenager.

If there's one thing that technology has made worse, it's music. I know I have said this many times, but it would be awesome if Lindsey did the Tango tour and it was still just the five of them.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Love this album's version of "Landslide." When she sings "if you climb a mountain and you" with so much fragility but then regains command with "TURN AROUND"...I get chills. Not to mention the slightly varied melody in some parts is refreshing.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
it would be awesome if Lindsey did the Tango tour and it was still just the five of them.
Even if Lindsey had done the tour, it would've had an expanded lineup. According to Mick, Lindsey wanted an additional guitarist and percussionist, and probably other things, before he would agree to do the Tango tour (this was before he backed out). Maybe someone on here has Mick's actual quote.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
Even if Lindsey had done the tour, it would've had an expanded lineup. According to Mick, Lindsey wanted an additional guitarist and percussionist, and probably other things, before he would agree to do the Tango tour (this was before he backed out). Maybe someone on here has Mick's actual quote.
Here it is:
Source: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...hind-the-mask/

Admitting that the group essentially tricked Buckingham into co-producing Tango in the Night by hiring a producer they knew he wouldn’t want to record with, Fleetwood told Q that the guitarist’s long exit from the band ultimately came down to his unwillingness to tour.
“He didn’t want to go out on the road, and we knew that, and he kept putting us off,” explained Fleetwood. “We said, ‘You – out of anyone with the amount of work you put into this album – you’re not going out on the road? That’s crazy! You want to piss this down the drain? Don’t you want people to hear this?’ But by saying we were going anyway, we got him off the fence. He said he’d do it.”
Buckingham had a list of conditions for the tour, however. “He said he wanted two, maybe three, other guitar players, percussion players, all sorts of interesting things. So now we were over a barrel,” Fleetwood recalled. “‘Whatever you want,’ we said, ‘Just let’s get out there.’ For a while he looked as if he was going to do it – but he changed his mind after we booked the tour. It was not amusing.”
Old 11-04-2015, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Macfan4life;1174449]This is just a fun thread to encourage talk and debate about a great album. Thank goodness they did this album. In Mick's My nit picks:
Dreams. IMHO this is the worst live version of Dreams. Stevie is trying way too hard and is all over the place vocally. I think this is because this version was recorded during the Rumours tour when Dreams was the big hit. It just sounds like Stevie is all full of herself and fawning all over the song. Every other version of Dreams both solo and with the Mac is better than this version.

I think his was recorded at SIR soundstage but it says the Paris soundcheck. I'm not quite sure. If it was Paris then (april) then Dreams was not a big hit yet. They added backround vocals for the live album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEi7GPkxfsE
Either way the above is the same version of the live album before sweetening.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 11-04-2015 at 06:10 PM..
Old 11-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

[QUOTE=secondhandchain;1174536]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
This is just a fun thread to encourage talk and debate about a great album. Thank goodness they did this album. In Mick's My nit picks:
Dreams. IMHO this is the worst live version of Dreams. Stevie is trying way too hard and is all over the place vocally. I think this is because this version was recorded during the Rumours tour when Dreams was the big hit. It just sounds like Stevie is all full of herself and fawning all over the song. Every other version of Dreams both solo and with the Mac is better than this version.

I think his was recorded at SIR soundstage but it says the Paris soundcheck. I'm not quite sure. If it was Paris then (april) then Dreams was not a big hit yet. They added backround vocals for the live album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEi7GPkxfsE
Either way the above is the same version of the live album before sweetening.
The background vocals are a bit odd so that "sweetening" ruined it for me. The Paris sound check was the same week that Dreams was released or the week after. Dreams raced up the charts. It was not the huge HIT it was to become in a month or so but Stevie is still trying too hard singing the song. Maybe its because she was new to singing it live. Listening to this version is like nails down a chalkboard to me
Old 11-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
Here it is:
Source: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...hind-the-mask/

Admitting that the group essentially tricked Buckingham into co-producing Tango in the Night by hiring a producer they knew he wouldn’t want to record with, Fleetwood told Q that the guitarist’s long exit from the band ultimately came down to his unwillingness to tour.
“He didn’t want to go out on the road, and we knew that, and he kept putting us off,” explained Fleetwood. “We said, ‘You – out of anyone with the amount of work you put into this album – you’re not going out on the road? That’s crazy! You want to piss this down the drain? Don’t you want people to hear this?’ But by saying we were going anyway, we got him off the fence. He said he’d do it.”
Buckingham had a list of conditions for the tour, however. “He said he wanted two, maybe three, other guitar players, percussion players, all sorts of interesting things. So now we were over a barrel,” Fleetwood recalled. “‘Whatever you want,’ we said, ‘Just let’s get out there.’ For a while he looked as if he was going to do it – but he changed his mind after we booked the tour. It was not amusing.”

So Lindsey got them to hire all these extra people, then he bailed? I wouldn't mind extra instrumentalists if Lindsey wanted to keep up with the 80s sound, but no more vocalists. They didn't need them back then. They really didn't need them on The Dance. After The Dance they probably started needing backup singers.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

IIRC the band actually didn't want to do a live album but the record company wanted it, and maybe Mick was encouraging it too, I forget. But there were lots of forces wanting them to do it and it got put out in the marketplace.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Macfan4life;1174541]
Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The background vocals are a bit odd so that "sweetening" ruined it for me. The Paris sound check was the same week that Dreams was released or the week after. Dreams raced up the charts. It was not the huge HIT it was to become in a month or so but Stevie is still trying too hard singing the song. Maybe its because she was new to singing it live. Listening to this version is like nails down a chalkboard to me
I love her voice on that version.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Things I like:

- The performance of Sara, it's so beautiful, I don't think they've ever topped it
- Monday Morning
- The harmonies on The Farmer's Daughter
- Rhiannon

Things I don't like:

- The performance of Landslide
- One More Night - boring
- Tusk isn't on it