User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sydney, Australia - 25th October

Might take even longer to upload my videos this time, sorry. Leaving Sydney to go back home tomorrow. I think there may be fewer videos as well. Apologies. My summary of the 'important' stuff to tide anyone over while I upload... http://buckinghamnicksinfo.tumblr.co...your-bn-signed

Will add videos to this post.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 10-26-2015 at 02:38 AM..
Old 10-25-2015, 01:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Great version of Sara!!
Old 10-25-2015, 03:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Here's World Turning, includes Micks amazing drum solo. This show was just as good as Thursday nights show. I met Mick at the M&G, what a character he is.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
Great version of Sara!!
I agree.Really good vocals. She seems more relaxed on this version, less belting it out.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-25-2015, 06:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Might take even longer to upload my videos this time, sorry. Leaving Sydney to go back home tomorrow. I think there may be fewer videos as well. Apologies. My summary of the 'important' stuff to tide anyone over while I upload... http://buckinghamnicksinfo.tumblr.co...your-bn-signed

Will add videos to this post.

thank you so much for sharing, saw them 1st leg of the tour, what i would not give to see sara, bleed to love her, reminds me of the syw tour when sara was added
Old 10-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well that was my last show, went to all 3 and i have to say Sunday was one of the best...... best TAM so far, and GYOW was huge!!!!

Now I'm having the Fleetwood Mac withdraws.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting all these great videos.
Christine is driving me nuts with her Think About Me intro.
First it was "this was a single that didn't do terribly well." Now its "This was a single but I don't think anyone has heard it."
What?
It was a hit single from Tusk peaking at 20 in the USA on an album that sold millions of copies.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting all these great videos.
Christine is driving me nuts with her Think About Me intro.
First it was "this was a single that didn't do terribly well." Now its "This was a single but I don't think anyone has heard it."
What?
It was a hit single from Tusk peaking at 20 in the USA on an album that sold millions of copies.
Right! Think About Me was a familiar hit on the radio. Not only was the song featured on Tusk, it's on The Chain box set, as well as their Very Best compilation.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Right! Think About Me was a familiar hit on the radio. Not only was the song featured on Tusk, it's on The Chain box set, as well as their Very Best compilation.
I think its a sign of her depression to talk like that......to almost imply the song was not a hit and she should take no credit.

Seven Wonders hit #18. Can you imagine Stevie saying......"this next song was a single but it did not do well and you probably never heard it before."

Rock bands would kill for a song to hit #20 on Billboard.

Memo to Chris: You had most of the hits with Fleetwood Mac. At least 3 in the top 5, others in the top 10 (including solo), many others from #11 to #20. And more in the top 40.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think its a sign of her depression to talk like that......to almost imply the song was not a hit and she should take no credit.
Not necessarily a sign of depression- but I do think her self effasing modesty might be getting a bit worse. Anyway, by her high standards #20 isnt a major hit so I can understand why she might feel that way.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, to some extent, I think Chris is just being wry. Yes, she's self-effacing, but she's also a wise cracker, which is why she introduced that up and coming young drummer so sweetly.

Michele
Old 10-26-2015, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, to some extent, I think Chris is just being wry. Yes, she's self-effacing, but she's also a wise cracker, which is why she introduced that up and coming young drummer so sweetly.

Michele
You are probably right.
I also don't believe Chris's 2004 solo album is in the pits of hell
Old 10-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
yes. it's also a cultural difference. just watch any Colin Firth interview for example. he will characterize himself as just a jobbing actor who got lucky or something to that effect. self-effacing modesty and expecting others to recognize your value is very typical in a lot of european cultures. here in the US, it's almost like people have to tour their own horn for others to recognize them.

nothing to do with depression.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-26-2015, 06:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. it's also a cultural difference. just watch any Colin Firth interview for example. he will characterize himself as just a jobbing actor who got lucky or something to that effect. self-effacing modesty and expecting others to recognize your value is very typical in a lot of european cultures. here in the US, it's almost like people have to tour their own horn for others to recognize them.

nothing to do with depression.
Very much a cultural difference in my opinion and I think it's her dry sense of humour that I would love to hear more of if I knew her personally. The Brit humour goes down well in Australia and people laughed as she cracked those jokes about TAM each night.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:15 PM

Wow, Think About Me sounds so good live. I wish LB would sing his part a bit more. I love Stevie's little howl at the end. It gives it some needed tension.

I think Christine is trying to be funny and humble at the same time. It's just her personality. It's why she isn't as famous as she could have been. She's just humble and stays away from too much ego gratification.