User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sydney, Australia - 24th October

A great night. Didn't get as much video as the previous evening, because I wanted to be sure I didn't run out of battery. Also, because my arms were sore.

Anyway, let's get started with what I DO have. Enjoy.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 10-25-2015 at 08:09 AM..
Old 10-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did you give Christine some more screen time this time?
Old 10-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
you know what? if you don't like Nicole's videos, don't watch.

i'm sure there must be others from that same show. and if there are not, than we should be all grateful to Nicole (and Brian) for filming and sharing instead of griping what in them may not be perfect for your specific taste.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Nicole! You should also tell people here about your encounter with Lindsey!
Old 10-24-2015, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
It actually may be worse for you this time around, sorry. Basically, for the sake of my battery and my shoulders/arms, I had to select songs not to record. Unfortunately for you, my preference is always going to be Stevie and/or Lindsey led songs. I do apologise. I tried to get more footage of Chris when Sara was on this time? And I filmed Songbird closer up. My position over near Lindsey just made it a little difficult sometimes, sorry.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-24-2015, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's really very selfless of everyone who takes video at these shows and shares them. There must be a real danger of viewing the whole thing through the pixels on the back of the camera rather than concentrating on the live experience itself, which is what we shell out for, in the end.

I've pretty much given up taking video at events, especially when I know that others will have taken it. Selfish me, huh? In a weird way it kind of dents my memory rather than reinforcing it...
Old 10-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
Thanks Nicole! You should also tell people here about your encounter with Lindsey!
What?!?! Details!
Old 10-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, also...Did the three new songs get played again?
Old 10-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
pretty sure they did.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-24-2015, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
What?!?! Details!
There aren't many to give. I went for a stroll, spotted Lindsey, worked up the nerve to approach him. Then my mind froze and my mouth disconnected. I blabbed something about how I had to say hi because it would have been even odder if I'd made eye contact than pretended I hadn't spotted him, something about enjoying the show (using about fifty redundant adjectives) and particularly the newly changed songs, told him to have a great day and was walking on in about thirty seconds, before I made him hate me for being a complete gibbering wreck and stalkery nuisance.

Quote:
Yep. Sure did! I have video of all three. It's just taking awhile to upload everything.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
There aren't many to give. I went for a stroll, spotted Lindsey, worked up the nerve to approach him. Then my mind froze and my mouth disconnected. I blabbed something about how I had to say hi because it would have been even odder if I'd made eye contact than pretended I hadn't spotted him, something about enjoying the show (using about fifty redundant adjectives) and particularly the newly changed songs, told him to have a great day and was walking on in about thirty seconds, before I made him hate me for being a complete gibbering wreck and stalkery nuisance.
OMG Wow! That's Amazing!!!
I'm sure he doesn't hate you for being a gibbering wreck, he must be used to the kind of reaction by now. Anyway, that's just Amazing
Old 10-24-2015, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Nicole for recording GDW from the other night. Wow, that totally made my day. I know it is a long song and will be so happy if you recorded it again, but fully understand if you didn't because of battery and sore arms.

Believe me, I have been there, done that. It takes a lot of effort to keep that camera still and close ups makes it worse, so am very grateful for the footage you captured and shared with us. You ROCK!
Old 10-24-2015, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyMac View Post
Thank you Nicole for recording GDW from the other night. Wow, that totally made my day. I know it is a long song and will be so happy if you recorded it again, but fully understand if you didn't because of battery and sore arms.

Believe me, I have been there, done that. It takes a lot of effort to keep that camera still and close ups makes it worse, so am very grateful for the footage you captured and shared with us. You ROCK!
No problem! I got it again tonight, but I had to sacrifice I'm So Afraid, which was saddening. Two long songs like that in a row are killer.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Wow, how cool. any more details? I take it this was early on during the day today rather than after the show??? Was this near his hotel or at the venue?
Old 10-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Wow, how cool. any more details? I take it this was early on during the day today rather than after the show??? Was this near his hotel or at the venue?
Uh, not really. He was in his normal jeans, navy tee, leather jacket, IIRC? My mind really did go blank so details are sparse. Maybe around eleven in the morning? Something like that. I was just trying to keep to areas I knew my way around, lol. Over near the Harbour Bridge. Closer to hotel (I assume) than venue, yeah.