The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This youtube video has much better sound quality of the "Think About Me" performance in Sydney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwnoXMWgFrU

The harmonies are especially good. Wow, Christine can still reach those high notes.

I also like that I can hear her introduction: "It was released as a single but I don't think it terribly well, but we don't care..." Funny: "Think About Me" reached the exact same chart position as "Over My Head"--the song they replaced in the set. But I suppose a peak position of 20 in 1980, after a string of top tens, might have seemed a bit minor in comparison to when the band's first single reached 20.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 10-22-2015 at 10:51 PM..
Old 10-23-2015, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For a song they haven't performed since 1980, Think About Me sounds pretty good, though a little wobbly . It will get better the more they perform it. I'm glad to see them shake their set list a bit.

I wish they would have swapped songs throughout the tour -- like Sisters of the Moon some nights, Sara other nights. It would make the show more fluid and less predictable. It would also leave room for other less performed/never performed songs.

Can anyone confirm that some shows from this tour have been professionally filmed/recorded? Perhaps down the line we'll get a CD/DVD of it.

It doesn't surprise me that John will be retiring from touring. I think it's a bit unreasonable to expect them to maintain this level of activity on the road. Hopefully they will finish their final studio album. There are many ways to promote it without touring the world.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-23-2015 at 02:45 AM..
Old 10-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I also like that I can hear her introduction: "It was released as a single but I don't think it terribly well, but we don't care..." Funny: "Think About Me" reached the exact same chart position as "Over My Head"--the song they replaced in the set. But I suppose a peak position of 20 in 1980, after a string of top tens, might have seemed a bit minor in comparison to when the band's first single reached 20.
I didn't know it matched OMH in chart position but as of airplay, no match to OMH whatsoever. OMH was a classic rock radio staple for YEARS after its release, whereas if one heard TAM on the radio at all after 1980, it was a major miracle.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

It doesn't surprise me that John will be retiring from touring. I think it's a bit unreasonable to expect them to maintain this level of activity on the road. Hopefully they will finish their final studio album. There are many ways to promote it without touring the world.

I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves re John retiring... this is the quote that it all stems from, from the Mojo interview:

How much longer can the Mac be a working band? Not much longer, for me anyway,” he explains. “It’s not the music – it’s the peripherals, the travelling. Mick will go on until they put him up against the wall and shoot him.”

McVie also admits he does worry what audiences see when he takes the stage, having been through the mill a bit since helping form the band in 1967: including marrying and divorcing a bandmate and being treated for cancer last year.

“I do flash on it, what must I f*cking look like, this old fart up there,” he laughs. “But I look out and there’s kids, and kids on their shoulders now, and they all seem to be having a good time. It’s sort of worrying… Jesus Christ, will there still be a demand when I’m 75?!”

http://www.mojo4music.com/20358/flee...ac-john-mcvie/

So he's still thinking that he'll be around in 2020, from my reading of it. Maybe the new album will be out by then....
Old 10-23-2015, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I didn't know it matched OMH in chart position but as of airplay, no match to OMH whatsoever. OMH was a classic rock radio staple for YEARS after its release, whereas if one heard TAM on the radio at all after 1980, it was a major miracle.
Good point about airplay. OMH is played a lot more--these days. But I heard it often throughout the 80s and even into the 90s. In fact, I heard it almost as much as I heard OMH. By the mid-90s, however, it died an AOR death. Strange when one thinks about it. TAM has more in common with the musical landscape of the last twenty years than OMH.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nine MSN

http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/morni...ed-from-music/

Fleetwood Mac took the world by storm in 1977 when they released one of the biggest selling albums of all time, Rumours.

The band has been marred by fallouts, fights and breakups, but now, 16 years later, Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, John McVie and Lindsey Buckingham are back and ready to rock arenas across Australia.

David Campbell caught up with the founding member, Mick Fleetwood, on what it’s like for the original and iconic band members to be touring together again.

“It is the five pieces all in place, it’s magic,” Fleetwood said.

Fleetwood can’t believe Christine McVie, who stepped away from music in the ‘90s, joined the band again.

“She’s really back,” Fleetwood said, sounding genuinely surprised.

“We had not a thought that she would ever come back, and neither did she.
“But truthfully it was her decision to change her life, she just thought, is this it?

“I’m sitting around not really doing anything, she was, I think, very dangerously disconnected from music.

“Well she came back and there’s no stopping her now.”
Old 10-24-2015, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone think they might come back and do some additional American dates? The Eagles just did that for their most recent tour. They came back from Australia and played some more shows in America. I would totally go see Fleetwood Mac a third time and pay hundreds of dollars just to see them play Sara.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Does anyone think they might come back and do some additional American dates? The Eagles just did that for their most recent tour. They came back from Australia and played some more shows in America. I would totally go see Fleetwood Mac a third time and pay hundreds of dollars just to see them play Sara.
Ha ha. Dream on silly dreamer. We would all love that but it would never happen. This tour has been insane and this time last year they were still playing.
I hope they can relax a few months and then concentrate on the new album.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Ha ha. Dream on silly dreamer. We would all love that but it would never happen. This tour has been insane and this time last year they were still playing.
I hope they can relax a few months and then concentrate on the new album.
Agreed. Anything to take their attention from making a new album is unnecessary.