User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:44 PM
dawn_amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Agreed!!! My God, can you imagine how "Sorcerer" might have turned out on the White album? Especially back in 75' when everyone's vocal range was still intact. I remember reading an article or hearing an interview (can't remember the source) where Stevie stated that they had started working on it but decided to focus more on "Rhiannon" instead. I wonder if there's some sort of Master Work tape floating around out there with "Sorcerer" and some of the other Buckingham Nicks songs that they brought to the table.
If there is such a tape it is my dream to find it. Sorcerer and Candlebright! They were both considered for the White Album. I think it's tragic there aren't completed recordings with Lindsey and Stevie's beautiful harmonies back when her voice was so perfect...
I have read on a Buckingham Nicks site that there is an extremely rare Fleetwood Mac recording of Sorcerer that is almost Bluegrass sounding. So if that is true there really is a recording somewhere!
Old 10-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I cant think of any nit picks at this moment but please give me some time and I will add to this thread

I can add this. I was alittle POed over the EP thing with no hard copy release.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's on record saying that he recorded "I'm So Afraid" in the wrong key for his voice. He said it was in the key that he wrote the guitar parts, but didn't even think about how he was going to sing it. Didn't realize it was too high until during the recording process. (why they didn't just re-record it, I don't know, unless they were being cost conscious) That's why they dropped the key a whole step for the concerts after that.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Lindsey's on record saying that he recorded "I'm So Afraid" in the wrong key for his voice. That's why they dropped the key a whole step for the concerts after that.
There's a danged echo in here here here here here!!!!!
Old 10-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
There's a danged echo in here here here here here!!!!!
Using Digital Delay?

With an Analog Delay, it would've been:

in here...ere..........ear........eer..........rrr

Old 10-20-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Using Digital Delay?

With an Analog Delay, it would've been:

in here...ere..........ear........eer..........rrr

..............every time that you walk in the room...............
Old 10-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Junior Ledgie

I would only change 2 things. One would be replacing the 3 singles and Blue Letter with their single mixes, and the second would be having Stevie sing lead on Crystal. I think the song suits her voice well, and i don't love Lindsey's vocal on either version. She did do a version in the 1990's for a movie, but by then her voice was so worn out.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavi4 View Post
I would only change 2 things. One would be replacing the 3 singles and Blue Letter with their single mixes, and the second would be having Stevie sing lead on Crystal. I think the song suits her voice well, and i don't love Lindsey's vocal on either version. She did do a version in the 1990's for a movie, but by then her voice was so worn out.
Practical Magic
Old 10-22-2015, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn_amanda View Post
Great thread subject. Although I love the album I have a few issues too:

1) totally agree it would be amazing if I'm So Afraid was more like the live version - I love how they sang it in 1975 with Stevie doing lots of backing, when she could hit all the high notes. Beautiful.

2) Stevie's backing vocals would have improved Warm Ways, Over My Head, and World Turning IMO. Again I prefer the live/demo versions.

3) Rhiannon is too short!

Basically I guess I think the album needed more Stevie! On the other hand I prefer the studio versions of Monday Morning and Blue Letter, because of the vocal arrangements, they sounded more similar to the Buckingham Nicks tour than how they played live in Fleetwood Mac.
Stevie is on Warm Ways, but I agree, she needed to do the live harmonys on Over My Head.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:10 PM

I would love more Stevie on Warm Ways...
Old 10-22-2015, 03:42 PM
dawn_amanda

There is a rehearsal or demo recording where Stevie does a harmony line on warm ways that is lovely.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Because I have a severe case of OCD and I tend to be overly critical.

1. Warm Ways should not have been after Monday Morning. I don't think it flows very well.

2. I really like the line "once in a million years a lady like her rises" from when Stevie sings Rhiannon live, so it would be cool if that line was in the album version.

3. I don't care for the "circus wheel" phrase in Over My Head. Christine could have just said "your mooood.......is changing all the time"

4. I'm not really a fan of Sugar Daddy, I would have rather had something better from Christine. I get that it's kind of an homage to her blues days, but I still would rather have something else. Sugar Daddy sounds like a filler song to me.

5. I think Lindsey's high pitch voice thing in I'm So Afraid is weird. I would like the album version a little better if it sounded more like the live version.
I give you credit for acknowledging your OCD.

I agree that having Warm Ways following Monday Morning wasn't the best choice. Though I may not be in the majority, I think Sugar Daddy is a great song. Her "circus wheel" phrase in Over My Head gives a rather generic lyric some distinctive character. It's just a metaphor. Do you have an issue with metaphors?
Old 10-26-2015, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I give you credit for acknowledging your OCD.

I agree that having Warm Ways following Monday Morning wasn't the best choice. Though I may not be in the majority, I think Sugar Daddy is a great song. Her "circus wheel" phrase in Over My Head gives a rather generic lyric some distinctive character. It's just a metaphor. Do you have an issue with metaphors?

I have no problem with similes, I just have never liked that one for some reason.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 10-26-2015 at 06:17 PM..
Old 10-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Though, "like a circus wheel" is a simile.

I like "circus wheel" but Christine has gotten carried away with herself. Liar had jack of hearts, shining knight, heart of darkness, walls tumbling down, a gambler shuffling cards. I was like, "oh my goodness. Settle down, lady!"

Michele
Old 10-27-2015, 03:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The circus wheel line is one of the best in rock history IMHO

My only wish would be the single versions of Over My Head, Say you love me, and Rhiannon were on the album. Lindsey did masterful additions that really made the singles so much better than the album versions. His guitar licks on Say you love me are so good and belong on the album! The added guitar on Over my head and Rhiannon also are so good!
The album mixes blend more consistently within the context of the album.
The single versions were given a more robust treatment. These should have be featured on their compilation albums -- The Chain, Greatest Hits and The Very Best. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there also a Blue Letter single mix treatment?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-27-2015 at 03:19 AM..