The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2015, 04:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's view looks like it would be Vaucluse, Point Piper, somewhere in the super rich Eastern suburbs....
Old 10-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Stevie's view looks like it would be Vaucluse, Point Piper, somewhere in the super rich Eastern suburbs....
These words sound like some tasty frosting on the most delicious cake.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
Christine is staying right near the Opera House and Harbour Bridge (penthouse at Park Hyatt). By the look of the pic, Stevie is somewhere on the harbour, a fair way from the centre of town - it's a huge harbour!
Stevie's in a lighthouse in Nth Sydney
Old 10-19-2015, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine has gone from completely forcing herself off the face of the earth, to being the band's biggest cheerleader (taking the crown from Mick) and as the band's oldest member,she's the first to use social media directly and actually engage fans thru it.

And this whole thread caused me to have a bit of a revelation about maybe what's driving Stevie's lack of enthusiasm and commitment. Does anyone think it's possible that Stevie is feeling like the oldest in the band and it's bothering her? Now this 100 percent how I feel and just the part of me that enjoys analyzing people.

In old pictures and videos from the 70's and early 80's stevie very noticeably more youthful looking and acting then the rest of the band. Signaling out just the girls, She just gives off this little sister vibe and Chris just seems like the wiser, more mature big sister. Stevie even described herself as the baby egg of the band.

Fast forward to today and Stevie is very much grandma in the band. Wants no part in that dang flab it technology and the other members of the band, 3 of which are older then her must walk across the stage at times. Mick, who is as grey and wrinkled as it gets, still remains in my eyes the bands most youthful and lindsey clearly has no trouble running across the stage still. But now having Christine in the mix, to me at least makes Stevie's grandma vibe so much more noticeable.

Mick, Chris and Lindsey are currently the bands most youthful members, while John and Stevie are the elders it seems. But johns thing has always been, stand still, say nothing so it's nothing new to him. But for Stevie that has to be a very difficult thing for her.

Again I don't feel this should be an issue, but knowing how much stevie cares about her image and how she is perceived, I can absolutely see these thoughs going through her head. And if so, I'm sure she feels way more comfortable solo where there aren't 3 other band members to be compared against.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-19-2015, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Christine has gone from completely forcing herself off the face of the earth, to being the band's biggest cheerleader (taking the crown from Mick) and as the band's oldest member,she's the first to use social media directly and actually engage fans thru it.

And this whole thread caused me to have a bit of a revelation about maybe what's driving Stevie's lack of enthusiasm and commitment. Does anyone think it's possible that Stevie is feeling like the oldest in the band and it's bothering her? Now this 100 percent how I feel and just the part of me that enjoys analyzing people.

In old pictures and videos from the 70's and early 80's stevie very noticeably more youthful looking and acting then the rest of the band. Signaling out just the girls, She just gives off this little sister vibe and Chris just seems like the wiser, more mature big sister. Stevie even described herself as the baby egg of the band.

Fast forward to today and Stevie is very much grandma in the band. Wants no part in that dang flab it technology and the other members of the band, 3 of which are older then her must walk across the stage at times. Mick, who is as grey and wrinkled as it gets, still remains in my eyes the bands most youthful and lindsey clearly has no trouble running across the stage still. But now having Christine in the mix, to me at least makes Stevie's grandma vibe so much more noticeable.

Mick, Chris and Lindsey are currently the bands most youthful members, while John and Stevie are the elders it seems. But johns thing has always been, stand still, say nothing so it's nothing new to him. But for Stevie that has to be a very difficult thing for her.

Again I don't feel this should be an issue, but knowing how much stevie cares about her image and how she is perceived, I can absolutely see these thoughs going through her head. And if so, I'm sure she feels way more comfortable solo where there aren't 3 other band members to be compared against.
yep. I agree. Its bizarre how old she seems compared to (the older) Christine. Mick, Lindsey and Chris have a real zest between them...
...perhaps time to reignite the merits of the 'Stevie-less FM' discussion.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been online for almost 18 plus years.12 on the Ledge .Welcome to the internet Christine.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I've been online for almost 18 plus years.12 on the Ledge .Welcome to the internet Christine.
i realized i have been on here TEN years
christ i felt old the other day.

cannot say i am really a chris fan
Stevie is my homegirl
i dont have this wistla crApp
but i LOVE that she's using it
i love that she posts regularly
and replies to comments

no one else in this band is talking about the tour
or doing anything interactive
if Chris hadn't said they were all here
we wouldn't even know.
there's no press
no nothing about this tour

maybe she'll rub off a bit on Stevie
MAYBE "Stevie" will start updating her freaking instagram
Old 10-20-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Well written. I agree with this. Stevie's image is all she has. Christine has come back with a new lease on life. She's not going to be afraid of letting go a bit.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

IMO Stevie's whole attitude about everything changed up completely ever since Chris came back.She's said things in video interviews and written interviews that she usually doesn't say and even said in RS "I probably shouldn't be saying these things in an interview but I don't care" and after the tour "I'm done.DONE" (paraphrased).Not a happy camper,that's for sure.