Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A call for "White Album", Rumours & Tusk in 5.1 on Blu-ray Audio

Many will be aware that a 5.1 surround mix of Rumours was released some years ago on the DVD-Audio format. More recently the same mix was released in Japan on the SACD format.

5.1 mixes were also prepared for the "White Album" and Tusk but never released. Only Monday Morning ever appeared on a demonstration disc that came with Acura cars with DVD-Audio and surround sound capacity.

Part of the reason for the other mixes not being released may have been the format war between DVD-Audio and SACD - and unlike other format wars (VHS v Betamax, Blu-ray v HD-DVD) there was never a clear winner, with releases continuing to dribble out in both formats.

The preferable format for surround releases currently appears to be Blu-ray possibly due to it's greater capacity and more general acceptance given it is not limited to just audio.

There have been a number of classic albums released in Blu-ray in recent years, with some such as Pink Floyd's DSOTM and WYWH and Jethro Tull's Aqualung (all both in 5.1 and original quad mixes) buried in big box sets and others including albums from Yes, XTC, Rush, The Who, Bob Marley and others released as stand-alone discs including Pink Floyd's new Endless River.

I think there is a big opportunity for the 5.1 mix of Rumours to reach a greater audience than ever before by being released on Blu-ray and significant interest in the surround sound community in the "White Album" and Tusk mixes.

With interest in classic albums in surround on Blu-ray on the rise, there would seem to be a ready market for Fleetwood Mac mixes that are already in the can.

If Mick or his people read this, I think you are missing a potential revenue stream here. Just stick with stand alone discs and don't bury anything in a massive box set.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

DVD-Audio just as good.

A shame it's buried in a big box of stuff I don't really want.

https://www.spincds.com/blog/2015/10...nded-editions/